First primate clones created in Chinese laboratory - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Saeko wrote:What about your orientation? Do you prefer big hairy neanderthals, or two-faced money sinks?

I'm bisexual. Men should be a little less on the hairy side though, grooming is important you know. ;)

ness31 wrote: Also @Varax I hope this isn’t too forward as I don’t think we’ve ever spoken :?: but, do you get offended by the term ladies and gentleman?

Hi ness! I don't think we have spoken, nice to meet you. :) I'm not offended by that at all, it's just a generalized greeting directed toward everyone. :lol:
... and five years later...

I think that we are going to run head first into a serious problem regarding science and ethics. It is been somewhat restrained so far, but different cultures, governments, etc are going to be entering advanced tech waters, as here. Since we are a global community, it would be simple for a company or government to just go to someone who is willing to do what ethical guidelines strive to prevent.
Zagadka wrote:I think that we are going to run head first into a serious problem regarding science and ethics. It is been somewhat restrained so far, but different cultures, governments, etc are going to be entering advanced tech waters, as here. Since we are a global community, it would be simple for a company or government to just go to someone who is willing to do what ethical guidelines strive to prevent.
Yep, and this is an ongoing trend with stem-cell research. Many scientists go to China to conduct R&D because they lack concise regulations.

China has one of the most unrestrictive embryonic stem cell research policies in the world. In recent years, seeing the research opportunities that China's lax regulations provide, many expatriate Chinese scientists from the West are returning to China to establish stem cell research centers and laboratories there.

Biotech is moving so fast, well, science is moving fast, due to the nature of our information age (instant communication and integrated computerized knowledge), and we're unable to regulate it. Our legal system and legislative bodies must go through a pen and paper process just to enact new laws or guidelines... Whilst scientific breakthroughs happen everyday. I think this is the crux of the information age. In education, medicine, industry, etc; science is moving faster than our laws & regulation policies. Society may be sacrificed during this scientific quickening, because the business of science is so involved in its research that it rarely can step back and look at the whole picture. We're locked in fragmentary capsules of compartmentalized information, which dictate our perception of reality, and those worlds are bound to collide one day. The sons & daughters of the master-craft (science) race toward the sun.
Rancid wrote:one step closer to genetic super armies!!!

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT!!!

:lol: I don't know if cloning is the wave of the future, or robots/cyborgs. But what if cloning of humans could be done easily. It's noteworthy that the bulk of dogfight kills, sinkings etc were achieved by the best fighter pilots, sub commanders respectively. If the future is still dependent on human skill, it would make sense to clone the most exceptional people, in all fields throughout society. But only a dictatorship could actually attempt this. No way a society still mired in democratic, christian values could follow suit.

Students can protest on campus, but they can't jus[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]