Yemen crisis: Separatists seize government buildings in Aden - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Separatists in southern Yemen have seized government buildings in the city of Aden amid fierce clashes with forces of President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi.

Prime Minister Ahmed bin Dagher has accused the separatists of mounting a coup.

Aden serves as a temporary base of the Hadi government, with Houthi rebels controlling the capital Sanaa.

Fighting subsided late on Sunday evening as both sides ordered their forces to stand down.

Government forces called on Yemen's Arab neighbours to intervene and help calm the situation.

Dozens of people are reported injured, and at least 10 people have died.

The development further complicates an already dire situation in Yemen, where millions need aid.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42852285

i.e Saudi puppet loses his capital to separatist rebels, while engaged in a war with Iranian backed Houthis.

Saudi's disastrous yemen intervention just became comically disastrous.
skinster wrote:I find it odd you mention Iran's involvement in the destruction of Yemen by US-backed Saudis. What's going on here?

I find it odd that you always blame one side while ignoring the faults of the other side

its not like houthis came from nowhere and dont recieve any support

I also find it odd that you support a (terrorist) group that is clearly stating "death to US and Israel" on its flag 8)
I can see how zionists are obsessed with Iran and so would push this lie, but curious why Igor would too. There's no evidence that the Houthis are fighting a war on behalf of Iran, that is propaganda in an attempt to paint this as a Sunni-Shia conflict, which it isn't:

The “Houthis are Shi‘a” narrative should be seen for what it is—a carefully crafted piece of political rhetoric devised to gloss over important differences between religious denominations, to reinforce the false image of a war between those who identify as Sunni versus those who identify as Shi‘a, and to encourage foreign—and particularly US—military intervention in Yemen. It provides a dangerously simplistic mental short cut for policymakers who are unfamiliar with Yemeni history and politics. In so doing, it diverts attention from the massive humanitarian crisis caused by years of civil war and the US-backed Saudi-led coalition’s ongoing blockade and bombardment. The cynical use of sectarian language casts the conflict in Yemen as part of an epochal, region-wide struggle rather than a local civil war made more deadly for Yemeni civilians by Saudi and Emirati intervention.
http://www.merip.org/mero/mero012718

Anyway, the anniversary of the murder of this little girl took place, when American death squads entered the family home in Yemen and killed 14 members of the same family, including a baby:

Just English and scottish actually. Absolute ho[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]