Its Not Okay To Be White According To Pelosi - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Democrat Minority Leader, Nancy Pelosi, think its beautiful that her white grandson wished he had dark skin and dark eyes like his Guatemalan friend. This story and her opinion of it was met with either a general ho-hum or praise; however, if a black kid had made a wish to be white, would this have been met with praise or scorn?

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/07/pelos ... -hispanic/

“He’s Irish, English, whatever, whatever, and Italian,” Pelosi said of her grandson. “And when he had his sixth birthday, he had a very close friend whose name is Antonio, he’s from Guatemala, and he has beautiful tan skin and beautiful brown eyes and the rest.”

“This was such a proud day for me because when my grandson blew out the candles on his cake, they said, ‘did you make a wish?'” Pelosi recalled. “He said, ‘I wish I had brown skin and brown eyes like Antonio.'”

“So beautiful, so beautiful. The beauty is in the mix — the face of the future for our country is all American and that has many versions,” Pelosi concluded.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Saying that brown skin is beautiful is not the same as saying it is not okay to be white.

Reading comprehension is useful!

Yes it is, and it was his comment where he wanted to be a different race that she thought was beautiful.

I would of told the kid, like any good parent would, that "No buddy, you don't want brown skin, white skin is just as good."

or would that be racist?

Probably by the nutty standards of this generation.

Besides, had a senator said this about her black kid wanting to be white, are you telling me the media coverage would be the same?

be honest. Yes or no?
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Yes it is, and it was his comment where he wanted to be a different race that she thought was beautiful.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. From the excerpt you quoted, this is probably incorrect.

I would of told the kid, like any good parent would, that "No buddy, you don't want brown skin, white skin is just as good."

or would that be racist?

Probably by the nutty standards of this generation.

If you really want to convince yourself that Pelosi is a bad person, go ahead.

Besides, had a senator said this about her black kid wanting to be white, are you telling me the media coverage would be the same.

be honest. Yes or no?

What does this have to do with your problems with reading comprehension?

Pelosi never said anything anti-white, and yet here you are telling us how mich of a victim you and other white people are.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Pelosi never said anything anti-white, and yet here you are telling us how mich of a victim you and other white people are.

Never claimed to be a victim, just claimed that there is a double-standard.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Perhaps. Perhaps not. From the excerpt you quoted, this is probably incorrect.

No, thats exactly what was said. Why else tell the story of a kid wanting to be hispanic instead of white if all you wanted to convey what that "brown is a nice color too?" thats just retarded.

Pants-of-dog wrote:If you really want to convince yourself that Pelosi is a bad person, go ahead.

Why would you think this admission by your kid should be acceptable, as a parent? i'm curious.

If your kid said he wanted white skin and blue eyes, what would you say to him? Good for you?
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Never claimed to be a victim, just claimed that there is a double-standard.

Your victim narrative is heavily implied. Please note that your thread title corroborates my claim that you think Pelosi was being mean to the poor poor white people.

No, thats exactly what was said. Why else tell the story of a kid wanting to be hispanic instead of white if all you wanted to convey what that "brown is a nice color too?" thats just retarded.

The full context (i,e. she was replying to a DACA immigrant who told a story about not fitting in because she looked “Hispanic”) explains why.

You felt, instead, that this was an attack on your skin colour.

Why would you think this admission by your kid should be acceptable, as a parent? i'm curious.

If your kid said he wanted white skin and blue eyes, what would you say to him? Good for you?

I am not getting into your strawman.
Yes its funny, but I don't ever remember the Liberals praising Michael Jackson for wanting to be able to choose his racial identity. Anti White racism is rampant in the West. If a Black and a White get the same grades competing for the same university place, the White person has no chance. Obama would never have been President in 2008 if he'd been White. Even in the Republican party there is an anti White pro Black bias. Herman Cain and Ben Carson would never have risen to such prominence if they had been White.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Your victim narrative is heavily implied. Please note that your thread title corroborates my claim that you think Pelosi was being mean to the poor poor white people.

No, if Pelosi thought it was okay to be white, than why would she praise her grandson for not wanting to be white? HMMMMMM?

Pants-of-dog wrote:You felt, instead, that this was an attack on your skin colour.

Rubbish.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I am not getting into your strawman.

I am asking you a question, what would you think if your kid preferred to be white to being hispanic, what would you say to him?

Or are you conceding my point? Sure looks like it.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:No, if Pelosi thought it was okay to be white, than why would she praise her grandson for not wanting to be white? HMMMMMM?

Again, she did not. Reading comprehension is your friend!

Rubbish.

I find it interesting that you tend to dismiss arguments in this manner (i.e. without any logic, or evidence or even intellectual criticism) and also go to great lengths to tell us all how awesome you are at debate.

Please note that your thread title is a clear indication that you feel that Pelosi is oppressing you because of your white skin. Looks like a victim narrative to me.

I am asking you a question, what would you think if your kid preferred to be white to being hispanic, what would you say to him?

Or are you conceding my point? Sure looks like it.

What is your point? That you incorrectly think I believe that it is not okay to be white?
People on both the left and right wing of the American corporatist project BOTH have the right to say politically-incorrect things to their family members.

What's important about this thread is the very American obsession with skin color and with social programs.

The Tribe that is America is obsessed with skin color and lack of social programs. The different skin tones are used as a justification for shitty social programs that don't help equalize income or opportunity at all. The whole idea is to create different colored tribes that are also divided by income level. This makes it easier for the TOP TRIBES to control everyone.

Tribalism typically marks THE END of an empire, and the British Empire (and its Frankenstein monster colonies and their mini-empires) has been in rigomortis for about a century.
“He’s Irish, English, whatever, whatever, and Italian,” Pelosi said of her grandson.

I'd be curious as to whether what "whatever, whatever" means, does it mean something non-European perhaps? Pelosi is from California where tanned skin is desirable I guess, and it just looks more natural if you have brown eyes too.
“He’s from Guatemala” Pelosi said of her grandson. “And when he had his sixth birthday, he had a very close friend whose name is Kevin, he’s Irish, and he has beautiful white skin and beautiful blue eyes and the rest.”

“This was such a proud day for me because when my grandson blew out the candles on his cake, they said, ‘did you make a wish?'” Pelosi recalled. “He said, ‘I wish I had white skin and blue eyes like Kevin.'”

“So beautiful, so beautiful. The beauty is in the mix — the face of the future for our country is all American and that has many versions,” Pelosi concluded.
I'm still wondering whether how this story is supposed to mean it's not okay to be white according to Pelosi while she started her whole anecdote with assuring everyone that her grandson has white European ancestry. It's a cute vanilla story from sunny California where they prefer tanned skin.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]