Gunman in shooting spree at Florida high school. Many injuries. ...What is wrong in the USA? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Red_Army wrote:@Hong Wu, he's a 19 year old kid with a history of mental instability who was expelled from the school. You're crazy if you think this has to do with his ideology.

Yeah, that might be fair, although much of this forum stretched a similar kid into a 40-page thread or something re: Charleston car attack.

Talking about the war against the oppressors probably doesn't help the crazy people very much. I'm just not a fan of that kind of language.
Red_Army wrote:@Hong Wu, he's a 19 year old kid with a history of mental instability who was expelled from the school. You're crazy if you think this has to do with his ideology.

Not many aware, but many Islamists terrorists have also mental problems. The problem is the Westerners way of thinking, they don't know how to deal with this fact. When a European authority said it after a terrorists attack, it sounds as if they are dismissing its ideological roots because this is a classic trick of lawyers. But it's not a binary as it sound. They can be both. In fact, with the mental cases it's also easy to impress with these destructives ideologies.
@Hong Wu, crazy anti-social people often attach themselves to extremist ideologies. This guy is still alive right? He might turn out to be the leftwing Roof, but I'll wait to see.

@Rich There has been a school shooting in this country every other week for the past 5 years or so. This debate is not new. If you honestly think it is and aren't just happy you get to blame a lefty for something I'd like to have a look at the hole you've been living under.

@noir Ok so what is there to do? There are right wing mass killers, left wing mass killers, disaffected immigrant mass killers, angry virgin mass murderers, anti feminist mass murderers, mass murderers who like and dislike certain movies, etc. There are mass murderers of nearly every stripe and denomination in this country and at a certain point it seems to be less about whichever weird ideological justification they string together and more about the act itself.
Watch this would be Islamic suicide bombing. He was just picked up to be a suicide bomber and he's sooo happy!!! You can see by his eyes and oweall posture that he is mentally ill. It doesn't exempt the influence and responsibility of these ideologoies to go after the weak. The West simply doesn't get how these things work.

Red_Army wrote:
@noir Ok so what is there to do? There are right wing mass killers, left wing mass killers, disaffected immigrant mass killers, angry virgin mass murderers, anti feminist mass murderers, mass murderers who like and dislike certain movies, etc. There are mass murderers of nearly every stripe and denomination in this country and at a certain point it seems to be less about whichever weird ideological justification they string together and more about the act itself.

Told before about the good hearted, law abiding Muslim taxi driver who listens to jihadi sermon promising after life reward for the martyrs. No doubt he wouldn't sucrifice himself and does these the killing himself, but there is a cultural and moral support to do it. That's why their "modarate" are even more problematic. Those who execute it are often psychos, but the "moderates" push them with moral backing.

In the old days, American psychos were isolated disenfranchised loonies. This what the OP implies too. But today, they have ideological synergy from the Middle East. America should kick them out of its campuses.
Red_Army wrote:@Hong Wu, crazy anti-social people often attach themselves to extremist ideologies. This guy is still alive right? He might turn out to be the leftwing Roof, but I'll wait to see.

@Rich There has been a school shooting in this country every other week for the past 5 years or so. This debate is not new. If you honestly think it is and aren't just happy you get to blame a lefty for something I'd like to have a look at the hole you've been living under.

You know, I felt like I was giving you a deal (rhetorically speaking) where I will let this go if you'll let the Roof thing go and you appear to be saying no to that. Kind of sad.

If you're a teacher, maybe not tell your students how large numbers of people need to die, then the crazy ones won't conclude that large numbers of people need to die. That'd be great.
Eighteen school shootings in the usa this year and we are only forty six days into 2018. That's a staggering number, to say the least. lol

Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun control advocacy group, had recorded 17 school shootings on their website prior to this afternoon's shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Today's shooting marks the first of the year in Florida. There were three shootings at different schools in Texas, two in different California schools and two in different Michigan schools, according to Everytown's data. There are 10 other states that had at least one shooting.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/18-school-shoo ... d=53091125
At least 17 people are dead after a 19-year-old man opened fire at a high school campus in Parkland, Florida, police have said.
The suspect has been named as Nikolas Cruz, a former student at the school who had been expelled.
As the attack unfolded students were forced to hide as police swooped in on the building.
It is the deadliest school shooting since 26 people were killed at Connecticut school Sandy Hook in 2012.

BBC
noir wrote:^The Islamophiles are muddling the water. The guy has certain biography. Deal with it.

As one can see below, the number of mass shootings by Muslim fundamentallists is dwarfed by the number killed in mass shootings from domestic attacks.

Terrorism has a logic-a narrative arc that while unpalatable can be digested and shown to lack sustenance. It can be fought, not just physically, but on a normative level. There is no such recourse for the post-modern horror of mass shootings. Since 9/11 America has seen 42 people killed domestically in Jihadist terror attacks . So far in 2015 alone 457people have died in mass shootings . America’s gravest danger is not terrorism. The two largest domestic terrorist attacks since 9/11 have both been shootings that took place where the shooter was employed. Of the 42 killed in Jihadist terrorist attacks on US soil since 9/11 39 have been shot. To point the finger at ISIS and Islamic Fundamentalism is a diversionary tactic; much like banning people from wearing Batman costumes to the cinema after the Aurora shooting. Whether terrorism, the banality of people ‘going postal’ or those enacting their psychotic fantasies on innocents in the lunchroom, the scarlet thread that binds them is access to guns.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/barclay- ... 62626.html
I think @noir has a point.

If we look at the Charlottesville protests, one guy who was diagnosed a schizophrenic ran over people leading to one fatality. But we aren’t hearing the explanation that the guy was just nuts. Instead there must be something wrong with the ideology.

Yet here, with this nutty dude, we are hearing that it is just he is mentally ill or it is the gun culture or something else is to blame. Couldn’t possibly be that the contemporary left is motivated by a hate filled ideology that dehumanises others. Now could it?

I guess the advocates of the left don’t want to face up to their hate. Understandable. After all, those with hearts full of hate will not want to look into the mirror.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]