Trump Announces Tariffs: Stocks Plummet - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Drlee wrote: As a fellow conservative perhaps Hindsite will join me in calling for a balanced federal budget like real conservatives have been calling for for generations.

As much as i love this thought, I would worry that if you put a Steve Harper or Paul Ryanesque guy in the White House, he'd seriously cut social spending. No way in hell would he increase the taxes on the rich. And when long neglected infrastructure projects start falling apart, they'll or raise flat taxes, eg, passports, carbon taxes and maybe introduce a Federal Sales Tax. Rough on the low income.

Something i Notice some Republicans overlook: Trump has systematically killed a lot of Obama's reforms, eg environmental etc. Yet he did not change Obamas economic policy. He just gives himself the credit.
Godstud wrote:It's called "Selective Memory", Drlee, and it's very common amongst Republicans.

Sivad isn't a republican, if I understand him correctly, he hates both of America's rightwing parties. Which is a fairly decent position to hold, in my humble opinion. :D
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]