YouTube Censorship is getting out of control..... - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

If you really want to scare yourself,, start a list of what other boards major CEO’s sit on.
Been several years since I did, I became convinced competition no longer exists.
One Degree wrote:If you really want to scare yourself,, start a list of what other boards major CEO’s sit on.
Been several years since I did, I became convinced competition no longer exists.

Interlocking directorates are a big problem, but I think judicial capture is the result of massive corporate funding for law schools, judicial appointments of corporate lawyers from big corporate firms by corporate controlled politicians, and in the case of state and local judges direct campaign funding from corporate donors.

We obviously need to break up these social media giants but it's tough to do when the judiciary, the FTC, and Justice have all been more or less captured by private interests.
I honestly think that the market will "correct itself," so to speak. While on the one hand it seems frustrating that people have not bailed from these groups quickly, especially Facebook as it is just a regular social media outlet, we are seeing pushback and YouTube (and others) will have to adjust in order to retain their market dominance.

But the real big issue is that loads of people don't actually particularly care about their privacy or free speech, and a whole segment of the population agrees with the censorship of those who have opinions far different from themselves.

There's also a phenomena where when Liberty isn't applied clearly across the board (or any other value), the value loses all worth to the people who have had any amount of their liberty taken away. If conservatives feel that they are being censored in society, either through legal means or the power of private businesses and social ostracism, they are far less likely to care about the "integrity" of upholding liberty.

Libertarians regularly look ridiculous -- not because of their ideals, per se, but because no one else seems remotely interested in the preservation of liberty.
Verv wrote:I honestly think that the market will "correct itself," so to speak. While on the one hand it seems frustrating that people have not bailed from these groups quickly, especially Facebook as it is just a regular social media outlet, we are seeing pushback and YouTube (and others) will have to adjust in order to retain their market dominance.

But the real big issue is that loads of people don't actually particularly care about their privacy or free speech, and a whole segment of the population agrees with the censorship of those who have opinions far different from themselves.

There's also a phenomena where when Liberty isn't applied clearly across the board (or any other value), the value loses all worth to the people who have had any amount of their liberty taken away. If conservatives feel that they are being censored in society, either through legal means or the power of private businesses and social ostracism, they are far less likely to care about the "integrity" of upholding liberty.

Libertarians regularly look ridiculous -- not because of their ideals, per se, but because no one else seems remotely interested in the preservation of liberty.

I agree with your comments except for Libertarians. They support too many issues being settled nationally that seems they should not. This appears to me to be a way of attracting liberal voters by abandoning their own basic principles. I can not support such weak positions on liberty. I actually was interested and tried to get their headquarters to explain this discrepancy. No response. Just another party that wants dollars and power.
Right, that seems certainly true about the Libertarians nowadays. What was the name of that more recent national level candidate... That guy was silly. I believe he was best summarized as a Democrat pretending he was a republican that was pretending he was a Libertarian.
B0ycey wrote: YouTube obviously don't want to be associated with propaganda.
Wait, what ? Of course they want to be associated with that. It just should be mainstream propaganda. You know, stuff like warmongering against Syria and now Iran and justifications of taxcuts for the rich etc.

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]