YouTube Censorship is getting out of control..... - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

None of those platforms fill the role of YouTube. They are either group chat applications or media distribution services (Netflix etc). They don't allow monetized uploading from users without review and approval. There may be some light competition, but YouTube is by far the most known and used for content delivery.

This is very clear when you look at the people being kicked off of YouTube going nuts because there is literally nowhere else for them to publish their content.
Zagadka wrote:None of those platforms fill the role of YouTube. They are either group chat applications or media distribution services (Netflix etc). They don't allow monetized uploading from users without review and approval. There may be some light competition, but YouTube is by far the most known and used for content delivery.

This is very clear when you look at the people being kicked off of YouTube going nuts because there is literally nowhere else for them to publish their content.

You don't seem to understand very well what monopoly means.

No, people being upset because they are kicked off for violating terms of service does not prove your 'point'.
Loving how YouTube has started to do that new thing where it warns people on videos they have of RT or Telesur reports, where they say something along the lines of "this video is funded by the Russian/Latin governments". I think they're trying to scare people from alternative media. :D
:lol:
Yeah, why don't they say the same for Fox or MSNBC
"this video is funded/owned by US govt/corporations"

Of course they wouldn't because they can do what they like since they haz all the power...

On a related note, I was listening to a podcast the other day talking about the censorship of their radical-leftist videos and comparing it to how easy it is to see videos of crisis-actor-school-shootings type nonsense. WTF is going on there, they want YouTube to be a 4chan second-home? :?:
:lol:

On a related note, there were a handful of people at the AIPAC protest that had signs that "Israel did 911" on them, along with pictures of the burning trade towers. Organizers of the AIPAC protest wouldn't allow them into our protest and there was a bit of back and forthing going on, where these truthers were shouting YOU GUYS ARE CONTROLLED OPPOSITION and stuff like that. :D
Zagadka wrote:None of those platforms fill the role of YouTube. They are either group chat applications or media distribution services (Netflix etc). They don't allow monetized uploading from users without review and approval. There may be some light competition, but YouTube is by far the most known and used for content delivery.

But is that YouTube's concern? Your one paper example doesn't hold either. It isn't up to YouTube to create new platforms to compete against them. It is up to a competitor to compete against them. And this competitor needs to be happy to be associated with right-wing propaganda. YouTube's responsibilty is to decide who they want to be associated with. And those decisions are decided by commercial clients. So if Alex Jones isn't happy about YouTube, then he needs to take a new avenue to promote his shit. He shouldn't cry about censorship. He should find a new platform. Because would you expect the Daily Mail to publish positive news on Corbyn because he cried that his character was being tarnished? Of course not!
skinster wrote::lol:

On a related note, there were a handful of people at the AIPAC protest that had signs that "Israel did 911" on them, along with pictures of the burning trade towers. Organizers of the AIPAC protest wouldn't allow them into our protest and there was a bit of back and forthing going on, where these truthers were shouting YOU GUYS ARE CONTROLLED OPPOSITION and stuff like that. :D

:*(

Why wouldn't they let them in? Had sheckeles changed hands?
Lenin wrote:Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society. If we look more closely into the machinery of capitalist democracy, we see everywhere, in the “petty”--supposedly petty--details of the suffrage (residential qualifications, exclusion of women, etc.), in the technique of the representative institutions, in the actual obstacles to the right of assembly (public buildings are not for “paupers”!), in the purely capitalist organization of the daily press, etc., etc.,--we see restriction after restriction upon democracy. These restrictions, exceptions, exclusions, obstacles for the poor seem slight, especially in the eyes of one who has never known want himself and has never been inclose contact with the oppressed classes in their mass life (and nine out of 10, if not 99 out of 100, bourgeois publicists and politicians come under this category); but in their sum total these restrictions exclude and squeeze out the poor from politics, from active participation in democracy.

It's pretty incredible that after more than a century of the left patiently explaining how this was damaging for everyone.

When leftists pointing this out since at least Mitchell Palmer was going around smashing our presses, illegally smashing us, and kicking us out of the country for printing things they don't like.

This continued with assassinations, repression, and smashing of anyone on the left saying something about Civil Rights, the Vietnam War, or anything else.

And, of course, it was so much fun that it was extended outside the USA.

After murdering their critics, they gave you rightwing nutters exactly what you wanted on a silver platter.

But now, looking around what you cheer on creating, you ask why in the purely capitalist organization of the daily press, we see restriction after restriction upon democracy.

Sivad wrote: or the time TIG tried to disprove the deep state by saying it doesn't exist because his fed brother has never mentioned anything about it to him :lol:

Well, TIG--who purports to be a communist--makes that humorous by appearing to do the deep state's dirty work for them while denying their existence. For example, when I put up a YouTube video from sonofnewo showing that the deep state was involved in the phony Charlottesville counter-demonstration demonstrations that led to someone's death, he diminishes it or even buries whatever thread it is in. Clearly, the deep state feels guilty about Heather Heyer's death, as they renamed Fourth Street in Charlottesville after her.

Apparently, now video timelines, known distances and the laws of physics are part of some great conspiracy theory, because to TIG it couldn't be possible that deep state actors are involved in generating phony counter demonstrations that lead to the death of an American citizen.

One problem the deep state is facing today--and there are many due to the fact that the deep state today is primarily populated by the arrogant and stupid kids of older or dead people who were much more accomplished--is that without a media monopoly, the old tricks don't work anymore.

I work on mass data storage projects. I am more than happy to take the government's money and help them build their ridiculous surveillance state. My sense of ethics requires me to tell them that it is an utterly stupid thing to do, but my greediness gets the better of me so I do my level best to help them build out these mass storage systems.

The government likes giving everyone a smart phone and pushing Amazon Alexa into every home so that they can engage in mass surveillance. The problem with that is that everybody can gather evidence, establish timelines, publish globally, etc. So successful deception is very hard to do now. That is why we now see police officers grabbing people's smart phones when citizens are video recording arrests and so forth. That is why the FBI absconded with some video related to James Field's location before he drove into the crowd of protesters in Charlottesville. Hiding their own involvement is why the deep state didn't want Trump releasing classified information about Lee Harvey Oswald--that is, the fact that Oswald was an FBI/CIA asset and that they trained him.

A guy like sonofnewo took a video timeline from Ford Fisher--who sonofnewo claims is likely a deep state actor--and establishes a pretty compelling case that at least some of the events in Charlottesville were staged. He further demonstrates that two men with ties to the deep state were present on the scene, and then lied to the media about what transpired. The media dutifully reported it, but did not provide any clarifications, retractions or exhibit any further interest in why they were lied to. The Charlottesville Police lied about the van being unable to cross the intersection, because of the protesters when in fact it has been established that it was there five minutes before the incident allegedly leading to Heather Heyer's death. There is virtually no follow-up, so it has become fairly obvious that the whole thing was a scam.

With virtually no evidence that Trump colluded with the Russian government, the deep state generated a completely phony narrative, violated the law to get FISA warrants and even violated the law in leaking FBI memos with the stated aim of establishing the appointment of an independent counsel, which requires stating a crime to investigate that also wasn't stated contrary to law. None of this has resulted in criminal charges against deep state actors, and the violations of law are generally known to the public at large. Almost the entire mainstream media is absolutely a-okay with this state of affairs. We see a Navy veteran take a selfie in a submarine engine room and spend a year in jail, and we see a presidential candidate who while Secretary of State established an insecure email server outside of the State Department's auspices, see it get hacked and many emails published by Guccifer, the House subpoena her emails and she and her staff deleting 30k emails where some of them were material to her work at the State Department and containing classified information, and nothing happens to her. Deep state exonerates her before the investigation is even complete, and the evidence clearly shows she is guilty.

Yes, there is a reason for YouTube censorship. The deep state is likely paying them off to shut down their critics.

The Immortal Goon wrote:In fact, most of my posts had links and citations. Which is sort of generous as you and the other precious SJWs were flying off the handle that there was a conspiracy and ye should have been able to prove it.

You disagree with the evidence in unedited timestamped video timelines. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of facts on your part. Your disinterest in wrongdoing by the US government--for a purported communist--suggests you are every bit as much in league with the deep state as your brother. Of course, in the Charlottesville case, the ruse was an anti-fascist push. So that and your communist tagline... :roll:

Crantag wrote:No, people being upset because they are kicked off for violating terms of service does not prove your 'point'.

PragerU is not violating their terms of service in any way. The notion that it isn't suitable for children is laughable. The issue is that PragerU debunks left wing myths with hard facts and narrated by college professors for the most part. It is simply a matter of YouTube trying to push a left wing viewpoint and prohibit right wing view points. That's pretty standard fare in Europe, but it is not in the United States. Europeans don't really care about political pluralism the way Americans do.

skinster wrote:Loving how YouTube has started to do that new thing where it warns people on videos they have of RT or Telesur reports, where they say something along the lines of "this video is funded by the Russian/Latin governments". I think they're trying to scare people from alternative media. :D

Well, there is lots of propaganda out there. The Chinese publish propaganda in US news all the time, and there is no blowback--probably because the censors in the United States are paid off.
blackjack21 wrote:Your disinterest in wrongdoing by the US government--for a purported communist--suggests you are every bit as much in league with the deep state as your brother.

Shit, you got me. I'm part of the Deep State conspiracy.

Ellen DeGeneres is my spy master, just as Eric Trump tweeted to the world.

You know, we went to all of this trouble of hiring hundreds of thousands of people to be in on this. On the biggest level, of course, we are running the UN and most countries. Somehow we weren't able to rig the US election though, so we instead made a series of false flag operations all over the country to discredit the Nazis. Who the public loved before our false-flag operation with the help of the press. But, again, we couldn't fix the election despite being able to control every leak in these grand operations.

And you know, I've been arguing with Pope Francis, Robert Mueller, Skeletor, and Oprah Winfrey about whether we should use our limitless wealth to buy more than ten crises actors for all these fake shootings we've been putting on. I was saying we should save the $150 and use the same actors. Man, I guess I got egg on my face!

Even to the smallest level, I'm supposed to be on this board making people think it's absurd to believe that anybody would oppose Trump. Obviously nobody ever actually could. Even I love him, but that sweet George Soros money coming in from Ellen DeGeneres is too good for me to give up, and there's someone with a gun to my brother's head all the time. They both love Trump too, of course.

So now that you've exposed my involvement in the conspiracy, and despite our unimaginable power we are unable to filter Eric Trump's tweets or do anything to discredit Alex Jones. So I'll let you know three things about the Deep State. State your questions and I have to tell you the answers. That's part of the rules for the conspiracy.
Zagadka wrote:Again, I see the point of "they are a private company that can do as they please" angle, which I would, again, normally be OK with.

However. Consider if there were one newspa- er, one news source. For everyone. On the planet. Sure, there are smaller outlets, but 80% of the population with access to any news will get it from that source. Even if that source just publishes what people create, their ability to censor at all is a clear monopoly that I can't stand.

We can go back to Ma Bell or the proposed split of Microsoft that never took hold as precedent. That was just over physical phone networks and web browsers. YouTube is far beyond that on a censorship scare level, especially coupled with the rest of Google's services - ubiquitous search domination, reigning popular e-mail provider (both of which farm data) browser market domination, Android market share... etc etc. To ALSO give them sole power over one of the largest media companies on the Internet... that is way beyond what MS was taken to court for.

Lets say that the internet didn't exist or lets say that the 1970's newspaper model was a viable model in 2018. You don't think that FOX would have a newspaper in every large town parroting the absolute garbage that it's idiot viewers consume? It would be perfectly legal as well. As long as you're wiling to be unscrupulous, immoral, and pervert the truth in the name of getting eyeballs on your product, the lowest common denominator of the public will find you. Unfortunately for humanity, FOX knows it is producing garbage; the people working there know its garbage, its viewers seem to think it is a news product though.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]