Corbyn's anti-Semitic Facebook group: “How safe is this group?” - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

colliric wrote:I really hate this dick measuring "who lived here longer!" Stuff.

What matters is who lives there now.

Why does that matter more than historical possession? And btw, the Palestinians do live there now so they would at least be equally entitled by that logic.

If you dislike Israeli Jews and are racist towards them you are anti-Semitic to them because you dislike one group of Jews with hardcore Passion. You are not anti-Semitic to other Jews, but you are anti-Semitic to that group of Jews.

Yeah but the dislike has nothing to do with their ethnicity, it's their politics that's the problem. So race doesn't even enter into it. You're only playing the bogus race card because you got nothing.
Sivad wrote: And btw, the Palestinians do live there now so they would at least be equally entitled by that logic.

The Arabs who live in Israel who have Israeli citizenship have nominally equal rights to Jewish Israeli citizens. You should not believe the poisonous crap that skinster et al are spewing on this forum. They elect Arab politicians in the Israeli parliament. There might be some security issues but those are brought about by the Arabs themselves because many have hobbies like blowing shit up, killing citizens with their motor vehicles, or just stabbing them to death.
The same is not true for the Arabs who live in what was Jordan-occupied territory (the West Bank and East Jerusalem) and Egypt-occupied territory (Gaza).

edited to add:
it is always wise to know which side you are chosing in the Conflict.

Former Hamas Official: Jews Use Non-Jewish Blood To Bake Purim Pastries
TEL AVIV – Jews use the blood of non-Jews to bake Hamentashen pastries for Purim, a former Hamas official charged in an article published last Tuesday, the eve of the Jewish holiday.

Writing in the Palestinian Ma’an News Agency, Mustafa al-Lidawi claimed, “[Purim] is the same holiday that the people of Europe hated and detested [and because of it] wished that the Jews would leave their countries so they could be saved from their wickedness.”

The explanation al-Lidawi gave for Europe’s hostility towards Jews was a new twist on the age-old blood libel that claims matzah eaten by Jews on Passover is made from the blood of non-Jews.

“This is because the Jews who lived in Europe would always bake a large pastry on the occasion of the holiday, and everyone would eat it. However, this pastry was mixed with the blood of a victim they chose from among those who were not Jews. Most of the time the victim was a little boy,” he said.

“Because of this, the European peoples loathed the presence of the Jews in their countries and longed for them to leave. For they were the reason for every despicable deed, the mechanism for the commission of every crime, and the source of all social and economic corruption,” the article, translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI), claimed.

Al Lidawi spewed misinformation about Israel’s treatment of Palestinians to draw a parallel to his anti-Semitic, conspiratorial claim of blood rituals: “This Jewish mentality and this ancient nature [of the Jews] have not changed. For they fashioned their joy from the blood of others, hold their celebrations at the expense of the sighs and groans of the victims who they tortured, and base their happiness on the sorrow of others. They don’t mind robbing happiness from its owners and erasing the smile from the faces of the women and children whom they deprive of the sacred right to live, and whom they rob of their opportunity to rejoice, to be happy and to live.”

Five years ago Al-Lidawi published another article in which he exhumed the standard blood libel that matzah is prepared with the blood of Christian children.

“The Jewish Passover has always been accompanied by suffering and pain. … When the Jews began celebrating their holidays, blood would begin to flow. … For the Jews always made sure to hunt down a pure and innocent Christian child, who had not tasted wine and whose blood had never been contaminated with impurity. They would take him to the altar in their temple, where they would stab him with knives. … Then they would mix the blood into some dough [and bake a matzah] cake,” he said.

In Tuesday’s article, he wrote. “The Palestinians hate and fear the Jewish holidays. … They feel that these holidays are revenge against them, or a hex they have been cursed with. For the Jews are happy then, celebrating and preparing decorations and rituals, but the Palestinians are tortured during these times to the same extent. They are under siege, they are hampered, there is a total closure in the areas [where they live].”

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2018 ... -pastries/
Ter wrote:The Arabs who live in Israel who have Israeli citizenship have nominally equal rights to Jewish Israeli citizens.

"nominally" being the operative word there. They're second class citizens at best and some token Arabs in the Knesset doesn't cover for de facto disenfranchisement and segregation.

There might be some security issues but those are brought about by the Arabs themselves

Security concerns were also the justification for the bantustans in apartheid South Africa.

because many have hobbies like blowing shit up, killing citizens with their motor vehicles, or just stabbing them to death.

I'd probably take up that same hobby if a bunch of ethno-nationalists took over my country and stripped me of my rights. And let's not forget the Zionists got plenty of civilian blood on their hands as well.

it is always wise to know which side you are chosing in the Conflict.

I have no illusions about who the Palestinians are or what the reality of a Palestinian state would be. I'm not pro-Palestinian, I'm anti insane perpetual atrocity that locks people in an ignorant cycle of hate and violence for generations. What the Zionists are doing is completely unacceptable. Zionism is ignorant as fuck.
Sivad wrote:"nominally" being the operative word there. They're second class citizens at best and some token Arabs in the Knesset doesn't cover for de facto disenfranchisement and segregation.

Security concerns were also the justification for the bantustans in apartheid South Africa.

I'd probably take up that same hobby if a bunch of ethno-nationalists took over my country and stripped me of my rights. And let's not forget the Zionists got plenty of civilian blood on their hands as well.

I have no illusions about who the Palestinians are or what the reality of a Palestinian state would be. I'm not pro-Palestinian, I'm anti insane perpetual atrocity that locks people in an ignorant cycle of hate and violence for generations. What the Zionists are doing is completely unacceptable. Zionism is ignorant as fuck.

The story goes back further than a few generations. Try 1500 years. If we look at the exploits of the Prophet and his companions, we see numerous examples of a Jewish settlements being wiped out for the reason that they were in the way of expansion. Since then Jews and other minorities have had to live under Islamic rule as dhimmis. What that means is they were second class citizens who had to pay extra tax, couldn’t have a bigger house than a Muslim, or ride a horse if a Muslim couldn’t, excluded for power, etc. In recent times things have been even worse and minorities have been leaving in fear of their lives.

A problem with contemporary progressive Westerners is that, due to their progressiveness, they see anything in their own history from the 1950’s back as regressive and deplorable. In doing so their cut themselves off from a sense of tradition and history. Consequently they live in a bubble with a truncated world view lacking in both substance and insight. The result is an ignorant condition in which one might feel it appropriate to apply one’s values onto others with little understanding of the circumstances of those others. In fact, I would go so far as the describe this condition as “the Western disease”.
Many of these progressive antisemites using Palestine as respectable cover up for old antisemitism that lost its appeal due to fascist excess. One of the repeated trope in the board is "Israeli lobby", while one of the members of the board is Chris Doyle, director of CAABU (the Council for Arab-British Understanding) the main Arab lobby in Britain, founded in 1968 and is single handedly responsible for the change of BBC reporting on Middle East, (reported by CAABU itself in the book "Publish or Not"). Today Britain strategic centers is entrenched by the Arab lobby and its front organization, their tactic is using verious euphemism like "multiculturism", "human rights", "racism".

From the secret board, Palestine Live

colliric wrote:Anti-zionism is a specific form of anti-Semitism.

No it isn't. zionism is an ideology, not a people, and most zionists aren't even Semites.

Palestinians are Semites tho. ;)

You are basically anti-Semitic against the Israeli Jews specifically.

:lol:

Feel free to prove this. You can't, but at least try, come on...

You must be one of those people who believe repeating things over and over again make them true; perhaps for the feeble-minded, but I think there's just a few of those types on this board, particularly ITT. :D

Sivad wrote:That's it? That's what you call antisemitism? :lol: I hope you got more than that cause that's pretty weak.

It's all weak-sauce. These attacks on Corbyn and his supporters have happened a number of time before he won party leadership and since then. They'll no doubt happen during the next elections too, since zionists have little else they can argue beyond accusing everyone who opposes their racist ideology as being racists :lol: . They failed before and they will fail again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, here is a letter from an ISRAELI JEW, a member of the Palestine Live group, responding to the pitiful attacks on pro-Palestinian activists, I recommend all those accusing me of racism to read it all:

Howard Cohen wrote: Sunday 11th March, 2018

J’Accuse!

To whom it may concern

I write this letter in response to the vicious attacks by David Collier on the Facebook group Palestine Live and its members; attacks which have been published uncritically in many of the mainstream media outlets in the UK as well as in the Huffington Post and Israel’s Haaretz.

Let me begin by saying that I am a dual U.K. and Israeli citizen. I grew up and was educated in the UK and have been living for the past 21 years in Israel. I am also a proud member of Palestine Live. Palestine Live has a solid membership of over 3000, at least a third of whom are Jewish (and possibly many more) and which includes many Israelis like myself as well. According to Collier, Palestine Live is made up of a viper’s nest of anti-semites. Collier’s manipulative and politically divisive dossier accuses all those within the group as anti-semites either directly or by association. His intention is clear – his is a politically motivated attempt to discredit Jeremy Corbyn and his supporters and to silence and intimidate all those who speak out against Israel’s apartheid policies and the crimes it commits with impunity on a daily basis against the Palestinians. Many of those criminal activities do not get published in MSM and hence the importance of sites like Palestine Live where its members can be informed.

The conflation of anti-zionism with anti-semitism is nothing new in British politics but today it has taken on a dangerous and ever-growing momentum fuelled by the Israel Lobby and its protectors. Its aim is to put an end to justified criticism against Israel and both mute and punish those that do so. It must be proclaimed loudly and clearly – these are McCarthyist tactics and they have no place whatsoever in a modern, democratic society where they are being used against those who are speaking out bravely and unashamedly in defense of humanity and against the violations of human rights.

Collier uses cheap, rhetorical devices to attempt to try to assassinate his opponents; his opponents being those public figures like Jeremy Corbyn who threaten to come into power and who are clearly sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians and critical of Israel’s apartheid policies and inhuman crimes, and those like Max Blumenthal who are influential activists who speak out publicly against them. Let me take a moment to dwell on Max Blumenthal, for Collier devotes a considerable amount of pages to besmirching Blumenthal’s name and anybody who has any association with him whatsoever. Collier makes it clear from the outset that Max Blumenthal is a perfidious anti-semite whose name is so acrid to him that all those who even respond to his posts must, by association, be perfidious anti-semites in their own right too. And yet, as with the majority of those whom Collier attempts to liquidate, no valid proofs are presented to reveal why exactly Blumenthal is an anti-semite. So vehement is Collier’s dislike for him, however, that the undiscerning reader takes for granted that Blumenthal must be the monster that Collier depicts him as, and thus too all those whom Collier painstakingly picks out for associating with him. This is the rhetoric that Collier uses throughout his poisonous dossier and for the undiscerning eyes it proves most effective. Indeed, the MSM have certainly enjoyed publishing the story and once more having this opportunity to lash out against Corbyn and his supporters.

And so a few words are necessary regarding Max Blumenthal. What Collier conveniently failed to point out in his dossier is that Max Blumenthal is a well-known Jewish author and journalist and the son of the influential journalist and former political aide of the Clintons, Sydney Blumenthal. Collier can not abide the fact that Blumenthal is a very vocal and influential, high-profile activist for human rights speaking out against Israel’s crimes and violations; nor can he abide the fact that Blumenthal sat on the Russell Tribunal in Brussels where he provided very powerful and shocking evidence for the war crimes that Israel committed in Gaza during the 2014 offensive when over 2000 Palestinians, including over 500 children, were killed. Blumenthal is certainly no anti-semite! He is a concerned Jew, like myself, and like hundreds of other Jews who are members of Palestine Live, who are shocked and anguished over the crimes that Israel has committed and is continuing to commit against the Palestinians. Blumenthal feels that it is obligation, as do I, to speak out against them! Collier, however, can not admit that there are Jews who oppose the ideology of Zionism and so the simplest solution for him is to neutralize them, to sully their name and their character, by referring to them as anti-semites. For there is no dirtier word in the English language today than an anti-semite! There is, of course, another extremely useful motive for Collier to depict Blumenthal as a rabid anti-semite - when Jeremy Corbyn makes a reply on one of the posts concerning a Blumenthal lecture in London which he was unable to attend, he automatically (through Collier’s logic) becomes an anti-semite too through association, rather than the concerned humanist that he is!

There are also the academics and other potentially influential figures in Palestine Live who are outspoken against Israel’s crimes and whom Collier believes might prove a nuisance, and so they need to be “dealt with” as well. Figures like Dr. Alan Maddison, a dear 70-year-old retired biochemist with three degrees (whom Collier takes pride in referring to as a “faux academic”) and not a single ounce of inhumanity in him. Alan Maddison is a truly beautiful human being, a cultured, compassionate man who cares intensely about the suffering of humanity and is vocal in defending the rights of the Palestinians and critiquing the crimes of Zionism. It would seem, however, that Collier objects most of all to the pain-staking work that Dr. Maddison has carried out to reveal the McCarthyist witch hunts taking place under Labour designed to silence and expel those who critique Israel by accusing them of anti-semitism. Maddison’s claims that these witch hunts are largely politically motivated obviously irks Collier greatly, as it undermines the very work he is involved in, and so Maddison too must fall under the hammer of the sacred accusation. Collier’s manipulative tactics to “neutralize” Dr Maddison are similar to those he uses for many of his other victims. Maddison, like so many others, is an anti-semite through association! Collier’s “proof” of Maddison’s anti-semitism comes through his claim that 43% of Maddison’s posts were comments “on shares already highlighted within this [Collier’s] report.” The base rhetorical ploy involved in these tactics must not go unreported. Maddison and others are charged with anti-semitism for commenting upon posts belonging to those whom Collier has taken the pains for us to define as anti-semites. And we already know that deeply humanist Jews like Max Blumenthal who dedicate themselves to exposing Israeli war crimes and other crimes against humanity that the Israeli state has committed, are de facto rabid anti-Semites for doing just that! Why? Because Collier tells us so! Thus according to Collier’s logic, anyone who comments upon a post of Max Blumenthal is necessarily an anti-semite too. Nowhere does Collier actually produce any of the comments that Dr. Maddison wrote on these posts as proof of his anti-semitism. And the reason is clear. Just as clear as I can personally vouch for Dr. Maddison’s character through my acquaintance with him. Alan Maddison does not contain an ounce of racism within him and would never utter a comment that could be deemed as an offense to Jews or any other race for that matter. His search is for justice as is mine and as is the search for the overwhelming majority of members of Palestine Live .

I would like to finish this letter with a few words regarding my dear, compassionate friend Elleanne Green and how important the group she runs is for myself and for so many like-minded others, of all denominations, and from so many different countries around the world. I joined the group in 2014, shortly after the Israeli offensive into Gaza which killed and maimed so many innocent Palestinians. I was invited by a valued Jewish friend of mine Peter Cohen, who also has worked tirelessly for Palestinian rights for many years, and who was aware of my deep distress. For I lived the bellicose horror from within Israel, witnessing at first hand a nation hell-bent on causing death and destruction of an already depleted and oppressed people trying to survive under the yoke of subjugation, and regarded as sub-human by their oppressors. The demonization of the Palestinians and the wish for their total destruction was pervasive. Huge billboards went up across the cities sponsored by the banks and other institutions supporting the offensive and any public figures who spoke out against the destruction and the carnage were expelled from their jobs and vilified in the media. Over 98% of the country supported the offensive and even though there were barely any protests, many of those that did protest were arrested. Palestinians within Israel were snatched out of their cars and lynched in the street in broad daylight. It was gruesome and I was close to a breakdown. I felt lost and abandoned in a sea of the most intense nationalistic hatred and I had nowhere to turn. Both Peter Cohen’s site Humanity for Palestine and Elleanne’s group Palestine Live saved me from an emotional breakdown. I realized that I was not alone in opposing this nationalistic frenzy and madness that was slowly decimating another people in the name of a supremacist ideology that I had come to oppose with all the fibres of my being. I was also surprised by how many Jews, and past and present Israelis, were part of Elleanne’s FB group as well. There were people like myself who felt ashamed that Israel was behaving with such unconscionable immorality whilst claiming that it was representing all Jews throughout the world in doing so. I was living in Israel, but most of the Jews in the group were not. We all needed, however, this base to disassociate ourselves from the monstrous behaviour that was taking place, and we all needed to cry out from the rooftops through out deep distress and pain, “Not in my Name!” But we weren’t simply there for a negation either. Being there was for us (and this would go for everyone within the group that I had contact with, Jews, Christians, Muslims and others) an affirmation. It was an affirmation of our humanity, and of our indignation at the great injustice that was taking place in Palestine at the hands of a nation that had seemingly lost all moral compass. It was our indignation at the apartheid policies and inhumane treatment of the Palestinians that we refused to be silent about. For silence is complicity, and we all know from the horrors of our past where such complicity leads.

There was and is something very positive about Palestine Live. First and foremost it facilitated the sharing of information of what was happening on the ground in Israel and Palestine that MSM, both in Europe and Israel, simply wasn’t reporting upon. I am aware of the fact that very rarely some of the posts or information shared there was inappropriate. There was the occasional conspiracy theory that was bandied around that in my opinion detracted from the essence of the group’s purpose, and I criticised these when I saw them. Nevertheless, I personally never came across an anti-semitic post or I would have decried it and so would have Elleanne, but I don’t doubt that there might have been the occasional unsavoury post. Elleanne was vetting the posts most of the time alone, and with more than 3000 members, that in itself is a formidable task. Palestinian Live is no different from any other FB group in that sense. Sometimes unsavoury material gets through. I am also sure that more stringent means will now be put in place to try to avoid this in the future. Nevertheless, Collier’s attempt to portray the group as a nest of vipers crawling in anti-semitic rhetoric could not be further from the truth. Neither I, nor anyone else I know, would have remained in the group if that were the case. As well as facilitating the access to information on what was happening on the ground, the group also serves to facilitate aid for Palestinians and serves too as a platform to advertise protests and talks against the occupation. I have also published articles in the group that I have written against the apartheid reality in Israel and many members from the group donated to my fundraising campaign that I set up for one of my Bedouin students called Noor.

Noor was a Bedouin student at the Engineering College in Beer Sheva, Sami Shamoon, where I was teaching. He approached me at the beginning of one of my courses to inform me that he had no course materials because his house, and that of many others in his village, had been recently demolished by the Israeli authorities. Orders had been given to raze the Bedouin village, Um el-Hiran, in the Negev desert that he grew up in, in order to build a Jewish-only settlement on the ruins. He told me that his father had been shot inside his jeep when leaving the house to try to salvage the family belongings on the day of the demolitions, and that he had been left to bleed to death with all medical help denied him. His house was subsequently destroyed and all his belongings, including his materials for study, were left buried under the ruins, whilst the family’s savings had been stolen from the jeep by the army police. It was a hearbreaking tale that was to occupy me for many months. I had heard about the ruthless ethnic cleansing of the village on the news and how they had murdered his father and then falsely tried to insinuate he was a terrorist (until aerial footage and first-hand witnesses destroyed all the fabrications that the army and police tried to assert in defense of their actions). My heart went out to Noor, even though there was so little I could do to help. He began the course sleeping outside under the stars upon the ruins of his father’s house and I visited him on the ruins of his village several times during the course. I did the least that I was able to do in the circumstances and set up a fund-raising campaign for Noor and his orphaned family. Elleanne was magnificent in supplying me with contacts who donated generously, and many of the members of Palestine Live contributed too. I am indebted to all of them.

In January of this year, I left Israel. My conscience would not allow me to continue living in a country which quite blatantly propagates a supremacist and fascist ideology at the expense of the rights and welfare of another people. The analogies that are being made today by many concerned Jews and non-Jews alike about the fascism inherent within Israeli society should not be taken lightly. Despite the attempt of Zionists and the Israel Lobby to claim otherwise, speaking of the fascism and supremacism within Israeli society and policy is not based on any anti-semitic platform; it is based on a deeply human concern for the welfare and rights of humanity and in this case the rights of the tragically oppressed Palestinian nation both within the 67 borders of Israel and in the territories occupied since. It was no anti-semite but a deeply religious orthodox Jewish philosopher, the most esteemed and prolific philosopher Israel has ever had, who first coined the term “Jew-Nazi” in relation to the inhuman behaviour of the Israeli occupier towards the Palestinians following the ’67 territorial expansion and the brutal subjugation of the Palestinians. It was not used lightly then by Professor Yeshayahu Leibowitz and the similar comparisons that are increasingly being used today with respect to Israel’s behaviour are not used lightly either. It is indeed a tragedy of utmost proportions both for Israelis and Palestinians and we are all most deeply aware of it.

Before I left Israel, I visited London in the summer of 2017 and there I met up with Elleanne in person after years of conversing through our virtual channels both in Palestine Live and privately through messenger. I was already aware of Elleanne’s deep humanity and compassion for the sufferings of mankind, but in person her sensitivity towards the plight of others was even more pronounced and I became more aware too of the great sacrifices she had made in her life to singlehandedly maintain the running of Palestine Live – that tremendous source of comfort, hope, information and activism against the occupation and for Palestinian rights that spoke to so many of us over such a long period of time. Elleanne cares about trying to right the wrongs in this world and like all of us in Palestine Live she is not content to be silent and watch from the sidelines whilst such injustices are taking place. As a result of her stance Elleanne is respected and admired for her work, not just by me but by so many human-rights activists around the world, and this includes Jewish and Israeli activists like Ariel Gold, Miko Peled, Medea Benjamin, Moshe Machover and Max Blumenthal as well as Israeli journalist Gideon Levy, with whom she has met on more than one occasion and who also is not afraid to speak out against the brutal crimes perpetrated by his country.

Knowing how sensitive Elleanne is, I can imagine how distressing to her these vile bullying tactics by Collier must be; these attempts to discredit her as a person, and the group as an entity, must be terribly painful for her. Indeed the tactics that Collier is using is distressing to all of us, since acting as both judge and jury, he convicts all members as one within Palestine Live and depicts us all as loathsome creatures crawling within a hideous nest of hatred and supremacism. Nothing could be further from the truth. A truth that Collier is intent upon neutralizing. The truth that we are deeply-bedded humanists who insist on standing up for the rights of the oppressed and crying out against the evils of fascism and supremacism and revealing the deep and unconscionable injustices that are taking place against the Palestinians. For any unsavoury comments on Palestinian Live we humbly apologise, but they were always rare and wholly unrepresentative of the group as a whole. Let it be abundantly clear though! We will not be silenced nor intimidated into submission by the likes of Collier with his manipulative rhetoric and unsubstantiated claims behind which lie his only too obvious political ends.

Yours most faithfully,

Howard Cohen.

Born: London May 1966
Resident of Israel from May 1996 – Jan 2017
Currently resident of Lavaur, France.
The Labour Party is now a 'TROJAN HORSE' for 'Arab' insurgents, biding their time to take over our pathetic so-called 'democracy'.

Parts of London are mini 'caliphates', where indigenous people are scattered to the four winds, a consequence of unwanted & unfettered migration.

London could be reduced to rubble in a day if\when these immigrants decide to act in a cohesive & decisive manner.

This country is providing the fuel to create trouble for itself in the future by continuing to allow these African 'aliens' into the country.

Long ago in a personal blog, I stated that all one needs to do to let the Arabs defeat themselves, is to arm them with all the weapons they want.
The deed is not yet complete, the 'Arab' hunger for self-destruction is insatiable, when it is completed, Israel will be the only far eastern country left undamaged.
They will not & cannot 'win' against Israel.

That's why we still sell arms to them, it's 'ethical', LOL.

If CORBYN thinks his anti-Israeli(pro-Arab) stance will win him the next election, he is delusional.

Self-expression in the online media was curtailed by the last 'Labour' government, when it persuaded the likes of MSN to remove their forum pages because certain minority groups had their feelings hurt by trolls etc.

Governments love that kind of thing, it gives them the opportunity to protect themselves from criticism by making ISP's do their dirty work for them.

When CORBYN(if)gets in power 'free speech' will effectively be dead.

They never see the irony, that they themselves are the true 'haters' in this country, they are always against free expression, they want to shut it down, so that they can practice their vile subversive ideology of autocratic dystopian government that has the goal of destroying this country called England.
@Nonsense. Have you been around during the Six Day War? Cause you sound old Britisher. Since 1973 oil embarago and Britain joining the EU, the BBC and other British MSM outlets were taken by Arab lobby dictates. There are no many British, who were intoctrinated since 1973 BBC/CAABU (Arab lobby) aliance, who see things they way you put it. Before that, it was a standard.

Not sure, Corbyn can't win. The young generations, indoctrinated by EU pro Arab media and education, is on his side.
How racist blogger David Collier infiltrated the Labour Party
Anyone who regularly attends Palestine solidarity events in London will be familiar with a small circle of fanatically anti-Palestinian activists who gate-crash such meetings.

Possibly the loudest and most obnoxious are Jonathan Hoffman, a former vice-chair of the Zionist Federation, and the blogger Richard Millet. Both attempt to derail Palestine events by heckling and interrupting speakers.

David Collier, another blogger, is similar to both in his staunchly anti-Palestinian views but uses more covert methods.

A former businessman in Israel, Collier says he has “spent much of the last few years undercover, within pro-Palestinian movements.” He attends meetings and demonstrations in London, taking secret recordings and photos of events, attempting to dig up dirt.

Collier was a source behind several smear stories about “Labour anti-Semitism” which the mainstream media published around the time that Britain’s main opposition party held its annual conference in September.

Collier’s blog contains a considerable amount of virulently anti-Palestinian racism.

A panel discussion he took part in last year gives a flavor of his disturbing views.

Collier said that “the Palestinian refugee” – dehumanized as an “it” – was “a weapon” which was “created as an artificial entity.”

Echoing the typical racist language of hard-right Islamophobes, he said that “as demographics have changed in the West this weapon has taken up camp here [in the UK] too.” Palestinian refugees in the UK lead the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement against Israel, he complained.

And yet he is taken seriously by the Israeli government and by sections of the press.

Palestinian cause a “disease”
In March, a formal investigation by authorities in the British Parliament rejected Israeli government claims that a British lawmaker had hosted an anti-Semitic event. The investigation had been launched based on media reports cribbed from a Collier blog post.

Facebook screenshots in a document Collier wrote in March show that he maintains a fake Facebook profile posing as a pro-Palestinian activist – likely under a false name.

This allows him to snoop on Facebook postings made by activists that were only intended for their “friends” on the social media website. He then puts screenshots online, or they make their way to mainstream media contacts – sometimes via Israel lobby groups like Labour Friends of Israel.

In July, he was one of three anti-Palestinian activists removed by security from Palestine Expo – a major event in London – after organizers said they had threatened to cause a disruption.

According to a right-wing website – which interviewed him recently – “Collier joined the Labour Party, specifically so he could attend its 2017 annual conference in Brighton” and “infiltrate” the main opposition party.

In his blog post about the conference, Collier makes his motivation clear. He seeks to misrepresent the Palestine solidarity movement – which had a strong presence at the Brighton conference – as “anti-Semitic.”

Concern for Palestinian human rights – or “Palestinianism” as he calls it – is “sectarian identity politics, that are anti-Jewish in nature” and “a disease.”

With such an extremist viewpoint, it’s no surprise to find that he saw appearances of the Palestinian flag at the Labour conference as part of an “anti-Semitic” conspiracy.

He claims in his blog post that he had to leave the conference center after he “began to feel intimidated by the number of those wearing lanyards supporting the destruction of Israel.”

Abuse towards pro-Palestinian Jewish activist
These were lanyards emblazoned with the words “Palestine Solidarity Campaign” and the Palestinian flag.

Palestine Solidarity Campaign director Ben Jamal told The Electronic Intifada that “many hundreds of delegates and attendees expressed their support and solidarity for the cause of justice for the Palestinian people” by wearing the lanyards.

Jamal added that it was absurd to allege that support for Palestine was anti-Semitic. Such an allegation “degrades the struggles against racism in which we should all be engaged,” he said.

Collier also claimed that Jewish supporters of Palestinian human rights are “unrepresentative of the mainstream Jewish community.”

He particularly singled out, Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi, a leading member of the group Jewish Voice for Labour, whose speech at the conference was warmly welcomed by delegates when she challenged the anti-Semitism smear campaign.

Collier denigrated her as a “blind and stupid” ideologue, questioning “her life choices” as she had “married a Muslim, and has a child named after a sura [chapter] in the Quran.”

Speaking to The Electronic Intifada, Wimborne-Idrissi responded that “It is a strange feeling to face racist abuse from another Jew affronted by my marrying a Muslim.”

She said that “My husband’s family, and indeed the wider Moroccan community in Amsterdam where they live, welcomed me as one of the ‘People of the Book’ with a magnanimity that David Collier is sadly unable to muster.”

“For Collier, it seems, loving someone of a different race disqualifies me from the right to have my opinions heard. If the party’s aims and values include respect for a wide range of ethnicities and views, Collier’s behavior is clearly inconsistent with them.”

Labour Friends of Israel denies link
Ben Jamal called Collier’s comments “of deep concern,” saying that “all decent members of the Labour Party and wider society will want to immediately distance themselves from such offensive remarks.”

According to a source who attended, Collier wore a Labour delegate’s badge, and spent at least an hour at the Labour Friends of Israel stall, having a “significant” conversation with that lobby group’s chair, Joan Ryan.

Ryan, a right-wing Labour lawmaker, came under scrutiny in January after Al Jazeera’s undercover investigation, The Lobby, revealed that she had outright fabricated an allegation of “anti-Semitism” against a Palestine Solidarity Campaign supporter at last year’s conference.

When contacted, Labour Friends of Israel failed to condemn Collier’s racism or his attack on Wimborne-Idrissi. But a spokesperson for the group – who did not give their name – replied by email that Collier’s “words are entirely his own.”

The group’s reply disputed the hour-long conversation, claiming that “not one” person stayed at the group’s stall for “more than 10 minutes” throughout the entire conference.

Labour Friends of Israel claimed that “Collier may have, like many others, approached the stall for a brief conversation, but there is no ‘association’ between him and LFI.”

Joan Ryan did not respond to a request for comment.

David Collier responded to a request for comment by publishing a rambling post on his blog which described this writer as an “animal.”

Collier claimed there was “no connection at all” between him and Labour Friends of Israel and said he “spoke to Joan for no more time than it took to exchange our names. Maybe a minute.”

Asked about Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi’s response to his blog post criticizing her for having “married a Muslim,” he deflected, pointing to an entirely different article, claiming it contained “no criticism there at all about her partner.”

Collier said that he had now resigned from Labour, and that the article that described him as having infiltrated the party had been “badly worded.” [ :lol: :lol: :lol: ]

He did not deny the characterization.
https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/as ... bour-party
In the 40's, a Jewish Palestinian (pre state Israeli) author, Abba Ahimeir, wrote during the British Mandate at the very same days of holocaust despair and anti British insurgency (Jewish terrorism) and public disillusionment that led to horrific attacks on British targets like King David HQ, about the postwar Labour government that abused the fleeing Jews, "while in the continent tradition antisemitism is found on the right, in Britain it was always in the left", he mentioned George Bernand Shaw and Sydney Webb (the founder of Fabian society in British Labour movement in the late 19th century). Indeed there is very long and established tradition since D'israeli Eastern Question and Boer war (where they blame "financier Jews" for the unpopular war). At that time they supported the racists Afrikaners who later become their object for savage hatred.
D'israeli Eastern Questiin is the most odd. At that time the British left (radical liberals) accused him for not carring about Christians of Burglary and siding with the Muslims, the Ottoman benefactors of the Jewish people. They hated him for his Islamophilia!. In fact it was strategic British policy to balance Turkey against Czarist Russia.
@colliric

If you really want to pull that card then you would also have to disapprove the ethnic cleansing of Arabs and Jews from Al-Andalus by Christian Kingdoms during the Reconquista. Spain was 80% Muslim by 15th century. It became 1.2% Muslim by 1499.

I don't dislike anyone and I don't want to kick anyone out. And it's not even a group of Jews, it's a nationality and it's not even a nationality, it's a conservative expansionist political group of Israelis, Zionists.

It's not racism to be against a political group. If I dislike conservative Muslims as a Zoroastrian (or ex-Zoroastrian anyway), that would not make me dislike all Muslims. Just because I dislike ISIS does not make me hate all Muslims, you know why? Because these are political groups.

And I repeat myself, no one in this forum wants Israel to basically go away. It's impossible by this point. We just want Israel to be another Islamic Spain, an integrated part of the region who has it's interests in raising the prosperity of said region. This is why I advocate for Israel to cooperation with Muslim countries and to stop pissing them off all the time by lowering expansionist tendencies and forming solidarity with them. It has to respect the human rights of others and be an example to the Middle East, not an enemy. It should integrate itself into Arab and traditional Middle Eastern Jewish culture (as it will eventually) and discard Western culture as Al-Andalus did. By the 8th century Al-Andalus was a European country like every other except much more cosmopolitan and enlightened than it's neighbors. It's neighbors became influenced by it and due to it's work in preserving European texts and culture along with creating it's own original works, jump started the Renaissance and laid the foundations for the Scientific Revolution.

This is what Israel should be. Right now it's just another South Africa. In order to become like Al-Andalus except not get destroyed, it needs to integrate and assimilate with it's surroundings. Do you know why Israel feels so much like a European colony to not just those simply walking around it (I visited Israel and to be completely honest it felt more like a European's idea as to what they think the Middle East looks like rather than what the Middle East actually is) but to outside powers examining it? Because it's too foreign and too focused on being and retaining it's foreignity. This needs to change if Israel is to ever progress.
skinster wrote:It's all weak-sauce. These attacks on Corbyn and his supporters have happened a number of time before he won party leadership and since then. They'll no doubt happen during the next elections too, since zionists have little else they can argue beyond accusing everyone who opposes their racist ideology as being racists :lol: . They failed before and they will fail again.

A set up isn't out of the question either. Corbyn has a lot of political enemies and a guilt by association set up is easy to contrive and it certainly wouldn't be unprecedented for the British establishment or the Israelis to pull some shit like that.
They've been much worse in the recent past. This one by the infamous blogger who spends all his time hounding anti-zionists writers/activists is weak-sauce in comparison. They've been directed at people on Corbyn's team and forced resignations not so long ago. This one is particularly terrible because it goes after a lot of famous pro-Palestinian activists/writers, like Miko Peled, Gideon Levy, Max Blumenthal etc., who are fairly respected in their fields and calling them anti-Semitic is laughingly absurd, unless you're an unhinged zionist.

Norman Finkelstein talks about similar shit that took place a couple of years ago here and here:
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If the actual claims are being ignored and we are […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Of course the US has a problem with it's dick siz[…]

The English are identifiable genetically. Of cou[…]