Zuckergate..... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Rugoz
:eh:

Cambridge Analytica was funded by Mercer and worked for the Trump campaign. Your own articles say so. I couldn't find the word "Democrats" in them even once.
By colliric
Rugoz wrote::eh:

Cambridge Analytica was funded by Mercer and worked for the Trump campaign. Your own articles say so. I couldn't find the word "Democrats" in them even once.

The Democratic Party did it too.... Carol Davidsen admitted it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -data.html

In 2012.... And they apparently still had access to the 2012 data in 2016.

https://ijr.com/2018/03/1077309-faceboo ... han-a-day/

Bitches got played by both teams. Democrats in 2012 on record and a third party Republican Sympathisers in 2016(Trump had no knowledge, however in 2012 Obama most likely did).

Romney probably got screwed out of the Presidency. Lol. And I'm not at all surprised. Playing with a rigged deck.

Zuckerberg just lost $5 billion on the stockmarket.
By Rugoz
colliric wrote:The Democratic Party did it too.... Carol Davidsen admitted it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -data.html

In 2012.... And they apparently still had access to the 2012 data in 2016.

https://ijr.com/2018/03/1077309-faceboo ... han-a-day/

Bitches got played by both teams. Democrats in 2012 on record and a third party Republican Sympathisers in 2016(Trump had no knowledge, however in 2012 Obama most likely did).

Romney probably got screwed out of the Presidency. Lol. And I'm not at all surprised. Playing with a rigged deck.

Zuckerberg just lost $5 billion on the stockmarket.

Ok but there's a HUGE difference here. Obama supporters consented to sharing their personal information, including their friends list. That doesn't mean the campaign had access the the personal information of the friends, at least that's how I understand it.

People didn't consent to what Cambridge Analytica did with their personal data.
By colliric
Rugoz wrote:That doesn't mean the campaign had access the the personal information of the friends, at least that's how I understand it.

Yes it did... It's the exact same data was being collected.

Also you seem to miss the fact they allowed the Democrats to do the exact same thing wholesale while the third party Republican Sympathisers had to go in through the backdoor.

Obvious Democratic Bias/favouritism and ironically Carol Davidsen pointed it out herself.
By JohnRawls
colliric wrote:How close was the 2012 election? I can't quite remember.

Eazy victory for Obama 300+ vs barely 200.
By The Sabbaticus
Using user data for the American presidential elections was also a major theme in House of Cards season 5. A google style company was backing the Republican candidate, whereas the Underwoods countered this by abusing NSA mass-data trawling systems. The threat itself of using user data of social media companies for electoral abuse has been widely reported on and suggested by many pundits and experts.

This is one of those 'I told you so' stories, once again illustrating how profoundly ignorant the general populace is. Also, it has yet to be determined how effective the abuse of consumer data is. The impact of 'fake news' during the presidential elections was also overstated by a resentful left-leaning media establishment, in part to rationalize the historic defeat of Hillary Clinton.
By ThirdTerm

Cambridge Analytica's CEO was exposed by Channel 4 and he was forced out of the company. But Alexander Nix is just a sidekick and it is Robert Mercer who was behind supporting the Trump campaign through Cambridge Analytica and his daughter sits on its board. He is known as a major funder of right-wing political causes in the United States, such as Breitbart News and Donald Trump's 2016 campaign for president. Cambridge Analytica helped Trump win in the electoral college system and this is potentially bigger than Russiagate.

The company says their work with data and research allowed Mr Trump to win with a narrow margin of “40,000 votes” in three states providing victory in the electoral college system, despite losing the popular vote by more than 3 million votes.

The election was plagued by allegations of fake news and smears on social media, along with the alleged attempt by Russia to influence the outcome.

Mr Nix boasted about Cambridge Analytica’s work for Trump, saying: “We did all the research, all the data, all the analytics, all the targeting, we ran all the digital campaign, the television campaign and our data informed all the strategy.”

https://www.channel4.com/news/exposed-u ... -analytica
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 20 Mar 2018 20:35, edited 3 times in total.
By Rich
Now obviously this is very serious accusation. Its claimed that Zuckerburg put profit before Hilary. People are saying Zuckerburg was more concerned about making money than getting Hilary elected. To be fair to Zuckerburg, I don't think it crossed his mind that she would lose.

Whatever this scandal's not going away. Who ever was responsible for Hilary losing. The culprits will be found.
By Igor Antunov
bu bu buh mah 2020 democratic candidate!

Ever wonder how Facebook offers a 'free' service to hundreds of millions of 'customers', consuming billions of megabytes per second, and yet seemed to be constantly rolling in cash?

Well duh, illicit sale of private information. Google does the same.
By colliric
Yeah but Google then puts a Shitton of advertising on YouTube anyway... Plus that subscription shit...

Plus bitch fucking Samsung et Al into selling more shitty phones and keeping the goddamn Phone OS business a goddamn Duopoly.

Plus selling Google "Big Brother Is In Your" Home shitty fucken devices.

(Goes and weeps over Windows Phone's beautifully designed easily useful OS grave)
By Finfinder
Rich wrote:Now obviously this is very serious accusation. Its claimed that Zuckerburg put profit before Hilary. People are saying Zuckerburg was more concerned about making money than getting Hilary elected. To be fair to Zuckerburg, I don't think it crossed his mind that she would lose.

Whatever this scandal's not going away. Who ever was responsible for Hilary losing. The culprits will be found.

He was trying to avoid the eventuality of FTC regulations by having friends in high places.
By Rancid
It's nearly impossible to protect your personal data. Thus, I say, we should give it all to all companies and all governments.
By roxunreal
I don't get the hype. How has this "influenced" elections any more than any other form of campaigning, propaganda, biased media or anything else? It looks like another lame "Trump won unfairly!" excuse to me. Some targeted online ads decided the election outcome? Not campaigning that millions were spent on, not social issues, not people's predetermined allegiances, not informed choice, not perceptions established by the NYT, Huff, CNN, Fox etc. Not any of that, but "targeted online ads" served as a magic bullet to mind control the brainless masses into voting for Trump? Amazing, it's like a villain's magical super weapon from a 1970's film.

And while the Guardian and the like are preaching about it being time to "delete Facebook" and asking "Why have we given our private data up willingly?", I have to ask - what private data? What data do people possibly give up in their FB profile that is so private that they would give a shit if anyone sees it? Certainly not photos of orgies or bank account numbers. I don't even have my real surname on FB. Oh noes, the data about my check-in from a brief holiday in Tbilisi was leaked, as was the fact that I liked a certain sushi restaurant and that I listen to an electronic music duo. What ever shall I do? How ever will I cope with this heinous violation of my privacy? I mean, it's not like Google hasn't been using this shit for over ten years. :roll:

Ah now I get it, they'll use it to indoctrinate me into voting for someone I don't really want to vote for! :lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls General Election Summary 2022 Date[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]