The Austin Bomber - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Reichstraten
This has been going on for a few weeks, but now it's really getting disturbing.
Do we have a new Unabomber here? :hmm:

Fifth package bomb strikes Texas, at FedEx facility near San Antonio

One employee was injured when a package containing nails and shrapnel that was bound for Austin, Texas, exploded at a Texas FedEx facility, the local fire department said.
It was unclear if the explosion was related to a string of bombings in the Texas capital over the past two weeks that have killed two people and wounded four.
Investigators have publicly reached out to the bomber, urging him or her to contact them.

A package bomb blew up at a FedEx distribution center near San Antonio on Tuesday, officials said, and the FBI was investigating whether it was linked to a series of four homemade bombs that hit the Texas capital of Austin this month.

Officials did not say if the latest incident was the work of what Austin police believe could be a serial bomber responsible for the four earlier devices that killed two people and injured four others.

The blast at the FedEx facility in Schertz, northeast of San Antonio, was the fifth in the state in the last 18 days. If it is linked to the others, it would be the first outside the Austin area and the first that involves a commercial parcel service.

"We are investigating it as being possibly related to our open investigation," FBI spokeswoman Michelle Lee told the Austin American-Statesman newspaper. "We can't know for sure until we have an opportunity to look at the evidence itself."

The package, filled with nails and metal shrapnel, exploded shortly after midnight local time at the facility, about 65 miles south of Austin, the San Antonio Fire Department said on Twitter.

The company described it as a FedEx Ground sorting facility. About 75 people were working at the facility at the time, fire officials said.

The individual or people behind the bombings are likely to be highly skilled and methodical, said Fred Burton, chief security officer for Stratfor, a private intelligence and security consulting firm based in Austin.

"This is a race against time to find him before he bombs again," Burton said.

More than 500 federal agents were involved in the investigation.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler on Tuesday sought to reassure citizens. "While the concern is real and the anxiety is real ... it can't immobilize us. It has to make us more determined. It has to make us more vigilant," he told a local television station.

The White House is monitoring the situation, spokeswoman Sarah Sanders told Fox News on Tuesday.

Further stoking fears, Austin police investigated a possible hazardous materials incident at a FedEx facility in Austin on Tuesday morning. There was no indication it was related to the bombings.

The first three devices were parcel bombs dropped off in front of homes on in three eastern Austin neighborhoods. The fourth went off on Sunday night on the west side of the city and was described by police as a more sophisticated device detonated through a trip wire mechanism.

The four devices were similar in construction, suggesting they were the work of the same bomb maker, officials said.

The first two bombs killed Anthony Stephan House, a 39-year-old black man on March 2 and Draylen Mason, a 17-year-old African-American teenager on March 12. The third, also on March 12, severely injured a 75-year-old Hispanic woman. Police said they are investigating whether the bombings were hate crimes.

Sunday's trip wire bomb, which injured two white men, went off shortly after police made a rare public call to the suspect to explain his motives.

Austin, with a population of nearly 1 million people, is home to the University of Texas and a plethora of technology companies and has been one of the fastest growing major U.S. cities.
By Suntzu
This guy ain't no Unabomber. It does appear to be the work of one person. I'm sure the feds are going over the bomb components and tracking sources. My profile, White, male, normal appearing, maybe 30s.
By foxdemon
skinster wrote:What did Texas do to deserve this?

Really though, this is fucked.

To hazard a guess, they deserve it because they chronically underfund their state psychiatric facilities.

Suntzu wrote:This guy ain't no Unabomber. It does appear to be the work of one person. I'm sure the feds are going over the bomb components and tracking sources. My profile, White, male, normal appearing, maybe 30s.

Ridiculous! My money is on the offender being a short and fat black lesbian.
Last edited by foxdemon on 21 Mar 2018 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
By Reichstraten
Suntzu wrote:This guy ain't no Unabomber.

Well, the ideology behind it may differ, but the tactics reminds strongly of the Unabomber.
Maybe someone got inspired by watching Netflix' Manhunt: Unabomber?
By Rancid
It would have been better if they would have been able to actually capture him. However, I think most people felt it would end this way, that he would take himself out.
By Rancid
skinster wrote:He was probably an alt-reich 4chan type.

He attended the local community college here. As part of some sort of civics class he mentioned he was conservative, but not educated enough to defend that position. Something like that, mostly a benign statement all by itself. We could say, he was probably right wing.

Albert wrote:I thought Rancid was joking around but this is actually happening. America has gone crazy.

You really though I was joking? :lol: I wouldn't joke about something like that man.

We are being told to still look out for odd packages and weird shit. They are also still trying to verify if he acted alone. Hopefully he did.
Police found him and tried to track him down. Apparently they were waiting for SWAT to engage, but the suspect drove away. When he pulled over they approached and he blew himself up. A white terrorist suicide bomber.

This is apparently his picture:

He also apparently had a blog. It's under his name and the location is the same city where he committed a suicide bombing:

http://definingmystance.blogspot.com/

Name and location can be found by clicking on his username. This was apparently for a class he was taking.

skinster wrote:He was probably an alt-reich 4chan type.

Wouldn't be surprised at all. He was targeting black civil rights activists. A few white people were killed, but my understanding is that they happened along the bomb and weren't specifically targeted like the bombs that were left in front of the black victims' homes. It's also possible he was trying to change his strategy to throw off investigators.
By Rancid
I wonder if they are going to release who those two packages mailed via fed ex were addressed to.
Rancid wrote:I wonder if they are going to release who those two packages mailed via fed ex were addressed to.

I will be so pissed off if that bomb I ordered off eBay doesn't arrive.
By blackjack21
I can't believe we aren't talking about "bomb control." People don't need bombs. Bombs only blow up and kill people and destroy things. We've just got to do something about these bombs.
By Reichstraten
This case could have been a contribution to the "Conservatives and the Awesome Things They Do Thread", it appears:

Strict conservative views

According to Austin Community College, which Conditt attended from 2010 to 2012 but didn’t graduate from, Conditt held strict conservative views. In 2012, he created a blog for a US government class project, the college said in a statement.

“In the blog, which focused on national government topics of the time, Conditt gave his opinion opposing same-sex marriage and free abortions while he supported the death penalty and eliminating sex offender registries.”

In his profile for the blog, the suspect wrote: “The reasons I am taking this class is because I want to understand the US government, and I hope that it will help me clarify my stance, and then defend it.”

Despite this, the motivation for Conditt’s actions remain a mystery.

Jeff Reeb, a neighbour of his parents, told the New York Times the family had never expressed concerns about their son to him.

“I can tell you nothing about him personally, except that he was a nice, young kid,” Reeb said. “He always seemed like he was smart. And he always seemed like he was very polite.”

Reeb added: “My summation is it doesn’t make any sense.”

What do we know about Austin bomber Mark Anthony Conditt?
By Crantag
I suppose he was smart enough to make bombs (though not smart enough to use proper grammar, I saw his blog which was linked in this thread).

Maybe he was polite because he was from Texas, e.g. it's a cultural thing.

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]