YouTube shooting: Female suspect 'angry over video postings' - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

blackjack21 wrote:Well, robbing a liquor store or convenience store doesn't count, I suppose--unless of course a police officer shoots them to death. Then, it's a story.

That's a pretty myopic poster. The "global South" is rife with gun violence. How would one view the Medellin cartel or the Sinloa cartel? Is that a "gun violence problem"?

Why? At least at YouTube, the security staff did their jobs, unlike the Sheriff's department in Florida.

In the UK, I think you could go to jail for saying that.

Good point. I wonder if ISIS will pick up on that and go vegan and animal rights to avoid detection by the deep state. I bet it would work.

That is absolutely true. The video of her dancing is a bit creepy as well.

The political left in this country believes in corporations stifling political opinions and they support gun confiscation too. For some reason, they say they don't like fascism.

Do you ever think before you post? Ever? You’ve taken the art of self-bull-shittery to an almost championship level.
4cal wrote:No.

The level of public outrage is determined by the age of those who died, the quantity of those who died and the actions of those who were in the body count.

On a personal note, yes I do get more outraged when kids are killed by our lax gun laws; there is a assumption of purity there that is probably a convenient fiction in some cases but not all.

That the assailant at You Tube HQ killed herself doesn’t generate a lot of sympathy for me.

So it is about your feelings about people you don’t know instead of the feelings of the people who actually knew and loved them? It can be argued your feelings are not real. Their’s are.
One Degree wrote:So it is about your feelings about people you don’t know instead of the feelings of the people who actually knew and loved them? It can be argued your feelings are not real. Their’s are.

Not sure how it became only about me... since I explained to you how the media does rightly get rialed up when 17 kids get slaughtered. Not sure why you seem to have a problem understanding that.

Again ON A PERSONAL NOTE, I am more outraged by 17 innocent kids getting murdered than an assailant murdering her self.

Understand? Likely not. Oh well.
4cal wrote:Not sure how it became only about me... since I explained to you how the media does rightly get rialed up when 17 kids get slaughtered. Not sure why you seem to have a problem understanding that.

Again ON A PERSONAL NOTE, I am more outraged by 17 innocent kids getting murdered than an assailant murdering her self.

Understand? Likely not. Oh well.

Sorry, not a personal attack. I have a weakness for using ‘you’ even though I am attacking your reasoning and not you. Just laziness. Too much trouble to make the distinction every post. Maybe I can get spellcheck to change ‘you’ to ‘your reasoning’ every time.
Yes, we are all bothered by news of children being harmed, but at best isn’t this empathy rather than loss. They are not the same. We are imagining how we might feel in that situation. Imagining loss and experiencing it are not the same.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We don't walk away from our allies says Genocide […]

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]