Facebook screwed up. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Crantag wrote:It was wrong to transmute laws intended to provide equality to blacks to undo segregation to transexuals and gay folk. I'll be a biggot on that one in the eyes of some if that's what It makes me. I think the bakery lawsuit was frivolous. That It succeeded is because of the status quot which I first mentioned.

Yes, we have a bad habit of not understanding laws have an expiration date. The whole idea of ‘precedent’ allows expired ideas to be expanded upon.

Edit: The baker does not know your sexual orientation unless you make an issue of it. It is no different than a Black person asking you to put ‘kill whitey’ on the cake. You are not objecting to them, but to what they are asking you to do.
One Degree wrote:Facebook and the ‘bakery owner’ are the same question. Can business discriminate or not? When we decided the solution was to decide WHO they could not discriminate against, we turned them into political tools.
Facebook and others will remain political weapons until we change our solution to this basic question. If we decide they can discriminate, then they should be required to list their ideology.

Edit: No one is saying it, but everyone knows the problem Facebook has with ‘Diamond and Silk’ is liberals can not have POC not ‘towing the line’. They must be silenced.

Bakeries are a physical place and people who enter them to buy baked goods are customers. Facebook is a digital platform that individuals and businesses, and D&S is a business, use to sell their brand.

Their brand is basically conspiracy mongering bullshit for retards and a business is not obligated to provide a, nominally, free platform. In fact, businesses aren't responsible for protecting your 1st amendment right.

But your entire post is dumb as shit becuase at no point were they ever censored. Facebook changed its algorithm for placing videos in people's feeds and that change affected everyone. It was not specifically targeted at them. I also just stated the obvious fact that nothing would be lost if their platform was taken away because their brand and message are aggressively retarded.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Bakeries are a physical place and people who enter them to buy baked goods are customers. Facebook is a digital platform that individuals and businesses, and D&S is a business, use to sell their brand.

Their brand is basically conspiracy mongering bullshit for retards and a business is not obligated to provide a, nominally, free platform. In fact, businesses aren't responsible for protecting your 1st amendment right.

But your entire post is dumb as shit becuase at no point were they ever censored. Facebook changed its algorithm for placing videos in people's feeds and that change affected everyone. It was not specifically targeted at them. I also just stated the obvious fact that nothing would be lost if their platform was taken away because their brand and message are aggressively retarded.

You and Facebook can pretend it is a harmless algorithm, but even as little as I use it, I can tell they fill my feed with a slanted list. They are free to do this, I just think they should be forced to publish their bias.
Last edited by One Degree on 24 Apr 2018 02:48, edited 1 time in total.
It ain't right attacking someone for their age. OD wasn't exactly unreasonable, either. It's a good point with respect to algorithms. People that feel the urge to white night an organization like Facebook are quite laughable. A proper Facebook fanboy are you? Might want to check your priorities in life with that.
No, I don't even use Facebook anymore and haven't bothered to check my account in months. I typically don't bother responding to 1° because he usually doesn't know anything about the subject he's discussing.

For example: the reason he is getting what I assume is left leaning content on Twitter is because he is looking at left leaning content on twitter. Twitter, Facebook, etc. push you toward content similar to things you have viewed, liked, or subscribed to. A more striking example of 1° betraying his hypocrisy and ignorance on this subject can be demonstrated below with Steven Crowder. Crowder routinely wears drag and makeup on his show, and was moronic enough to post this:

There's also the issue of a company releasing the algorithm, which is basically the product behind the hosting platform, to the public and content producers. Content producers already actively seek to game the algorithms and tailor their content toward that end. Making it public to placate idiots who are angry that they are being shown content similar to what they already consume on the site would likely lead to people tailoring that content even further just to game the system. At which point it basically forces the platform to change the algorithm anyway because Wacky Teen Prankster XXIV's videos are now showing up as top suggestions for anyone identified as being in the "Home & Garden videos" category.
No, I don't even use Facebook anymore and haven't bothered to check my account in months. I typically don't bother responding to 1° because he usually doesn't know anything about the subject he's discussing.

@SpecialOlympian
There is some truth to your statement, but you apparently only see one side. You think ‘facts’ give you ‘reason’ and I think reason is often distorted by ‘facts’. You take selected ‘facts’ and use them to support distorted reasoning. I believe reasoning requires the absence of ‘selected facts’ in a society where everyone lives in a fantasy created by propaganda.
You accepted Facebook’s ‘fact’ of what their algorithm does to back up your reasoning. I believe accepting it as fact is naive and distorts your reasoning. I don’t ask what their algorithm says, but why they need it in the first place? The only reason is to manipulate access to information.
They labeled Diamond and Silk as ‘unsuitable’. They now admit it was a mistake they blame on volume. They blame their human moderators even though the algorithm apparently caused it. All of this creates ‘reason’ to believe they are lying.
I couple this with my own experience of seeing every prominent POC, who supports Trump, being attacked.
This ‘accident’ of silencing D&S is too convenient to be believable.
The reasoning is POC, who support Trump, must be silenced or discredited or the whole ‘identity politics’ of the DNC is destroyed. Only a fool would believe any such instances are coincidental.
I like how your argument is literally, "Let's disregard everything we know about this and plunge headfirst into my confused, paranoiac feelings."

And yes, social media platforms are entirely about filtering information in the hopes that you will click through, view more ads, and use their product more often. If there was no filtering of information you would receive updates from every user, advertiser, etc. on their platform in an incomprehensible stream of garbage. Which is actually what happened with one of the conservative Facebook clones.

I couple this with my own experience of seeing every prominent POC, who supports Trump, being attacked.

People who support Trump in general are shitty people regardless of skin color. Why are you surprised?
SpecialOlympian wrote:I like how your argument is literally, "Let's disregard everything we know about this and plunge headfirst into my confused, paranoiac feelings."

And yes, social media platforms are entirely about filtering information in the hopes that you will click through, view more ads, and use their product more often. If there was no filtering of information you would receive updates from every user, advertiser, etc. on their platform in an incomprehensible stream of garbage. Which is actually what happened with one of the conservative Facebook clones.

People who support Trump in general are shitty people regardless of skin color. Why are you surprised?

Even Facebook disagrees with the arguments you presented. You claim they should have been censored and the algorithm correctly did so. Facebook admits they screwed up. Who’s argument is ‘full of shit’?
You would actually have to know anything about the story to claim FB contradicts me, and you've repeatedly demonstrated that you do not. Yeah, they have billions of accounts. An error occurred and the team that oversees everything acted on it. At no point were D&S silenced, and in fact D&S falsely claims that FB made no effort to reach out to them. Their videos and page were never taken down. At no point could anyone who followed them or wanted to see their content lose access their Facebook page or their videos.

Also lol:

@SpecialOlympian despite you believing I am unaware of the facts, I was aware of everything you mentioned except that weird anus thing. There was apparently a dramatic ‘coincidental’ drop in their viewership. Such coincidences are highly suspicious no matter what either side claims. This is the point where reasonable people should question the ‘facts’ being presented. If facts don’t match reason, I choose reason in the insane society we live in.
There was no drop in their veiwership

Data from Crowdtangle, a social media analytics platform owned by Facebook, show that total interactions on Diamond and Silk’s Facebook page were steady. The “total interactions” metric covers the total number of reactions, comments, and shares of content posted to the page. Diamond and Silk’s Facebook page actually received more total interactions in March 2018 (1,088,000), when they were supposedly being censored, than in March 2017 (1,060,000). Diamond and Silk received more interactions in January 2018 (1,328,000), when they began complaining about censorship, than in any month the previous year.

Things get even more stark when you compare Diamond and Silk’s total interactions to liberal-leaning pages that also frequently post video content. From March 2017 to March 2018, the total interactions on the Rachel Maddow Show page, went from 3.3 million to 1.6 million. Rachel Maddow hosts the most widely watched cable news show in America, and her page has 2.6 million fans to Diamond and Silk’s 1.2 million. Over the same time period, on the Facebook page of The Young Turks, perhaps the most popular independent provider of liberal videos online, total interactions declined from 2.3 million to 760,000. Meanwhile, interactions on Mic’s Facebook page, a left-leaning publisher with 3.8 million Facebook fans, plummeted from 8.9 million to 475,000.

It's almost like right wing grifters aren't actually interested in engaging honest debate and purposely make bad faith arguments and claims.
SpecialOlympian wrote:There was no drop in their veiwership

It's almost like right wing grifters aren't actually interested in engaging honest debate and purposely make bad faith arguments and claims.

And you find a ‘selected fact’ to support your current view. This is just what I referenced before. The problem is I have justifiable reason to doubt the accuracy of any ‘fact’ presented and so do you.
This is why my arguments take a more philosophical direction. We do not live in a society where we can trust our sources. Especially for conservatives because liberalism is institutionalized.
The ‘facts’ presented by a society dominated by an institutionalized ideology are always very questionable even though the individuals may believe they are being objective. It is highly unlikely for a society based upon ‘institutionalized liberalism’ to produce unbiased facts.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Image

Just as loud as I can, which isn’t much. :)
Lmao off apparently Marsha Blackburn is the only one who showed up to the D&S congressional meeting because nobody gave a shit and also because everyone would rather watch Scott Pruit get dunked on repeatedly.

Lmao:

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@late If you enter a country, without permission[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]