Trump Orders Strikes on Syria Over Suspected Chemical Weapons Attack - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Zionist Nationalist wrote:If Trump had 100% control he wouldn't had bombed Syria even if they did used chemical weapons because he doesn't want the US to be the moral police of the world but he is forced by the establishment

Must be convenient for Trump fans to believe he was forced by the "establishment" whenever he does something not to their liking. :roll:
Rugoz wrote:Must be convenient for Trump fans to believe he was forced by the "establishment" whenever he does something not to their liking. :roll:

That's a human trait from all across the political spectrum though. But, it also is a fact that sometimes leaders are opposed or manipulated to a greater or lesser extent by pressure groups from within the governing political establishment.
noir wrote:@annatar1914

What do you mean Orthodox Christian?

I mean that I'm Orthodox Christian, I converted a few years back after going through a long catachumenate for a while, got baptized as a member of the Russian Orthodox Church, have Russian family myself, actually of Old Believer heritage, Slavic roots.

When you look honestly through that lens, of being a committed Orthodox Christian that knows the history, you can't be much of a ''Zapadniki'' anymore in your thoughts and actions.
Amnesty criticizes Roger Waters for acting like @Amnesty
Amnesty's Kristyan Benedict has lashed out at Roger Waters.

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/blog/ ... m=referral

The New Arab
Echoing Russian propaganda, Pink Floyd's co-founder Roger Waters says Syria's White Helmets are 'fake organisation'

The founder and frontman of British band Pink Floyd has echoed Russian propaganda claims that Syria's White Helmets had staged a recent chemical attack that has prompted US-led strikes against Damascus.

Roger Waters made the accusation during a concert in Barcelona on Friday after announcing that a supporter of the volunteer first responders had wanted speak to the crowd about the deadly chemical attack.

"The White Helmets are a fake organisation that exists only to create propaganda for the jihadists and terrorists," Waters said.

"If we would listen to the propaganda of the White Helmets and others we would be encouraged to encourage our governments to go and start dropping bombs on people in Syria,"

"This would be a mistake of monumental proportions. What we should do is be persuading our governments to not to go and drop bombs on people," he added.

The musician's comments came a day after US-led strikes hit Syria in retaliation to the alleged use of chemical weapons by the regime in the town of Douma.

The attack on the last opposition-held town in Eastern Ghouta near the capital Damascus killed at least 40 people and injured over 1,000.

Russia, one of the main backers of the Syrian regime, has claimed the attack was faked by the White Helmets - on orders from the British government.

Moscow previously questioned whether the attack even took place.

London has called the claim "grotesque and absurd".

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his supporters have consistently claimed that chemical and other attacks were in fact staged, and that an army of actors including children has been trained to fake injury on a massive scale.

Chemical weapons attacks have killed thousands of people since the start of Syria's conflict, with the UN blaming four attacks on the Syrian regime and a fifth on the Islamic State group.

In 2013, up to 1,400 people were killed in two chemical weapons attacks on the opposition-controlled Damascus suburbs of Eastern and Western Ghouta.

noir wrote:The chemo thing is Western obsession. The Syrian anti Assad camp used it only for mobilization.

Cartoon by Yasser Ahmad, a Syrian cartoonist, about the Western hypocrisy. Half miliion deads and the West still checks if chemo used or not

Yep, the Western Normies were so dumbed down (conditioned) by the MSM that they react like Pavlovian dogs, when they hear the word "gassing". They immediately switch off their brains and are guided by infantile emotion.

This "animal" Assad is so evil, he is a "New Hitler" that cannot get under control his sadistic inclinations to kill children via gassing.

Why gassing?
Because he is a "New Hitler", and Hitler killed innocent people in gas chambers!

Hollywood and the MSM spent trillions on emphasising this specific kind of killing, and people who have some doubts about this are called "deniers" and imprisoned in most European countries that claim to be "free" countries.

So it is enough to associate Assad with gassing, and you can stampede the Normies into a nuclear WWIII.

The story about Assad gassing children does not make any sense, and Assad does not make the impression of a sadist and a madman (he has more moral integrity and more brains than most Western leaders do).

But the MSM showed pictures of dead children and told to the Normies and to Trump that Assad did it!

And we all know that MSM never lies, and therefore we have to ensure that this "animal" Assad is replaced, even if this may trigger a nuclear WWIII.

The "brave new" clown-world, pictured by Orwell and Huxley in their dystopian novels, seems to be even crazier, than predicted!

Why am I not surprised?

Well, because the Ministry of Truth was at work since the beginning of the former century!

If you are not permitted to study the real history, you will never find out the truth about the past and eventually destroy your future!
Rugoz wrote:
People love to see the Syrian conflict as an antagonism between the West and Russia. This war has been going on since 2011, the first chemical attack happened in 2013, Russia intervened in 2015. There was plenty of opportunity for the West to do its usual regime change thing like it did in Libya. The West cannot openly support Assad, because it would be against everything it stands for. Russia filling that void is actually quite useful for both, from a propaganda perspective.

My impression is that they would have gladly been rid of Assad, mainly to isolate Iran but additionally weakening Russia by removing an ally in the region isn't so bad either. It also seems to me that the west has been lacking an overarching strategy in the MENA region and when we intervene serious commitment and a plan that accords with reality on the ground.

For instance, I have no idea why we thought it was a good idea to let Mubarak fall who was, as far as I can tell, a reliable ally. In my view, Egypt saved itself despite of western actions, and we are lucky that the Egyptian military was strong and pro-western enough to reverse what we set in motion or at least let happen. I find what happened in Egypt far more disconcerting than Libya, because at least Gaddafi was an antagonist and didn't have a positive track record. A lot of the actions over the last two decades look like they were informed to a large extent by naivite and short term thinking on part of western leadership.

As a side note, we also do a lot of progressive shit wherever we intervene, like increasing the number of females in the military in Afghanistan. I mean what the hell. :lol:

Regarding Russia in Syria, its presence obviously increases the stakes and it is the first time Russia has put itself directly in the west's way since Yugoslavia. This is significant and is probably more important than what happens to Assad at this point.

B0ycey wrote:
I think your analysis here is very accurate Kaiser. I couldn't fault any of its logic. But perhaps its accuracy is the reason both the far right and far left are actually in agreement in regards to being opposed to this mission.

The voice on PoFo is most definitely against this strike but the consequence of doing nothing is almost being ignored by everyone. If you allow someone a green light to use chemical weapons, then where do you draw the line with someone else doing likewise? Or even prevent them from continuing? Obama's restrain should have been a warning to not do this again - but was ignored. Now we have action but very controlled and in the grand scheme of things small. This time I do believe Assad will listen, because realization of the consequences of not doing so is now real. So I guess you might be right that Trump was backed into a corner to do something and Putin's controlled approach to retalliation is a sign he knows this too. But perhaps Trump should have given the U.N. security council more time before taking action nonetheless. But let's not kid ourselves, the Russians would have vetoed any proposal put on the table. So ultimately what would have been the point I guess?

Also, currently from reading responses on here it is almost like users (and rightly so) are more concerned about the possibility of WWIII than human rights infringements that they will just side with Assad regardless what he seems to do. Fair enough, but by taking such approach you do bury you head in the sand and basically say that the rules of engagement and UN resolutions should only be applied to the West. Shame really.

Cheers, B0ecey.

Re chemical weapons, as I said earlier, outside of the western world they are just seen as another weapon in the armory that can be very effective under certain circumstances. Some on this board would perhaps argue that this is a reasonable position because it doesn't matter whether you die from a nerve agent or bleed to death due to being hit by conventional weapons as collateral damage. For the west, which is committed to not using them and which has conventional superiority pretty much everywhere, it makes good sense to discourage their use, as they would increase our casualties. I agree that there is an element of human rights concern there, but it is quite likely secondary to our self-interest.
Atlantis wrote:The West deliberately ignores all links between the Islamist militants and chemical weapons in Syria. How long can the lying go on?

The Egregious Western Media ‘Chemical Weapon’ Fraud in Eastern Ghouta

Terrorist capabilities laid bare in an Eastern Ghouta chemical lab

I remember when you posted some of this contents in a thread a while back.

People want to talk about evidence?

Well, hear you go.

The rebels released chemical weapons which they had produced in Ghouta as their enclave fell. Why? To provoke a Western attack, just as they had done before.

The Westerners of course know about it.
@Kaiserschmarrn

White House Appoints Latest Advisor Tied To US Muslim Brotherhood- Zaki Barzinji Is Grandson Of US Muslim Brotherhood Founder

https://www.globalmbwatch.com/2016/06/1 ... d-founder/

An FBI memo has identified Barzinji and al-Talib as members of the Muslim Brotherhood prior to establishing a residence in the US. The Washington Post adds that [Barzinji] fled Iraq in 1969 when the Ba’athist regime started executing fellow Islamists. After completion of their studies in Britain, the three came to the United States, ostensibly for graduate study but also to continue organizing Muslim youth activities

How Obama Sided with the Muslim Brotherhood

https://www.nationalreview.com/2014/07/ ... ncer-case/

Inside the Ring: Muslim Brotherhood has Obama's secret support

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... amas-secr/
Russians were present at the Dumayr airport targeted by Israel

BREAKING Syrian air defense shoots down missiles over Homs, state media says

Israeli fighter jets broke through the Syrian air space and fired missiles on T4 & Dumair military airports. The #SyrianArmy intercepted all missiles over T4, only one hit Dumair.

Israel won’t accept limitations on ‘actions’ in Syria from Russia, others – Israeli defense minister
https://www.rt.com/newsline/424307-isra ... lieberman/

Situation ongoing. Israel is going full toddler temper tantrum. Seems Israel is unhappy about Trump's symbolic strikes.

Mass pro-assad protests in Raqqah:

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]