US. constructing new Drone Base in Niger - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Zamuel wrote:No, it actually removed their justification for doing so, and local "disturbances" have declined.

To be clear I'm not referring to legit diplomacy, I'm talking about actual CIA ops to incite many of the "movements" into genocide and terrorism (at the behest of interested US corporations, can you say - "Chaney.")

Yes, in fact there are ... my cousin was one of them and she sure wasn't working for the CIA. I'm particularly impressed with the program that's there drilling water wells and providing rural purification systems ... one of the main terrorist activities was poisoning wells in many countries. (a Clinton foundation project, I think) ... "My god they're giving those savages clean water!"

Zam

Why would someone believe Africans are incapable of supplying their own clean water?

Edit: The mistake is believing you can jump people from one level to another without them going through the levels in between. People need to develop and advance on their own and at their own rate. ‘Helping’ others is often not helpful at all.
One Degree wrote:Why would someone believe Africans are incapable of supplying their own clean water?

Because once productive areas are becoming depopulated due to poisoned wells ... Because many productive males have been slaughtered in those areas or forced into military service. Because a thirsty reality doesn't argue about "Why would someone believe."

Edit: The mistake is believing you can jump people from one level to another without them going through the levels in between. People need to develop and advance on their own and at their own rate. ‘Helping’ others is often not helpful at all.

Levels ? Pure BS ... and Africa already has plenty of that.

BEFORE

AFTER

Zam :hippy:
@Zamuel The wells in the US are being poisoned too. So is all our fresh water. As a kid, I drank directly from our streams.
The problem is the contamination of their water supply, just as ours is. You are talking about putting a bandaid on a problem others have, when we can’t solve the very same problem ourselves.
The solution is for THEM to demand a stop to the pollution. Water purification systems do not require the resources of the US to be implemented in other countries. If they wanted it bad enough, it would happen. If they don’t want it bad enough, then our assistance will be quickly undone.
If the people have not reached a LEVEL, where they understand the need to do it themselves, then your efforts will be useless.
I have heard about the starving people in Africa my entire life. Why are they still starving? The evidence seems to point to our misguided attempts to help. We destroyed their LEVEL of existence and they had no way of living by how we said they should. We fed children who were already brain damaged from malnutrition, so they could grow into sociopathic adults to further hinder their natural development.
Africa is changing, but I believe it is in spite of our ‘help’, not due to it.
If you truly believe people are equal, then you should realize how little and how careful we should be with our ‘help’.
I will beat the same old drum. Focusing on saving individuals was damaging to the society’s future. The goal should always be what is best for the future of the overall society, not the current individuals.
One Degree wrote:
Yes, it often does affect your own safety. Your skin color has much less to do with it than your dress and choice of self mutilations. If you wear the uniform of a threat, it is reasonable to assume you are a threat.

Might as well need a base to spy on China's dealings in Africa.
Rancid wrote:Might as well need a base to spy on China's dealings in Africa.

Drones are great. We will soon be fighting wars without any danger to our own people. No one can complain about that. Imperialism will be good again.
One Degree wrote:@ZamuelThe wells in the US are being poisoned too.

I hate to go all POD on you, but please post a pic of little American children drinking from dirty wells.

Zam
Zamuel wrote:I hate to go all POD on you, but please post a pic of little American children drinking from dirty wells.

Zam

https://water.usgs.gov/edu/gw-well-contamination.html
This link has a picture of a little girl drinking a glass of water. It is attached to the article about 20% of US wells being contaminated.
One Degree wrote:Image https://water.usgs.gov/edu/gw-well-contamination.html
This link has a picture of a little girl drinking a glass of water. It is attached to the article about 20% of US wells being contaminated.

I'm not sure why your image won't post to Pofo ...? But it's really not quite the same thing, is it.

I'm well versed in well pollution. I lived in Tucson when they discovered the water supply was poisoned. After WWII Davis Monthan AFB (the aircraft graveyard of America) had disposed of the lubricants drained from mothballed WWII aircraft and solvents used in their preservation by pouring it all down old wells. Prior to 1977 Tucson's water had been considered the purest in the nation.

Tucson yet lives, (on pirated water) and I'm happy to say that it wholeheartedly supports the establishment of purified water supplies in Africa.

Zam
Zamuel wrote:I'm not sure why your image won't post to Pofo ...? But it's really not quite the same thing, is it.

I'm well versed in well pollution. I lived in Tucson when they discovered the water supply was poisoned. After WWII Davis Monthan AFB (the aircraft graveyard of America) had disposed of the lubricants drained from mothballed WWII aircraft and solvents used in their preservation by pouring it all down old wells. Prior to 1977 Tucson's water had been considered the purest in the nation.

Tucson yet lives, (on pirated water) and I'm happy to say that it wholeheartedly supports the establishment of purified water supplies in Africa.

Zam

Bad water is bad water. Just because the water is cloudy in your picture is meaningless. You can’t see the microbes or most hazardous contaminants.
It is kind of irrelevant anyway. Give Africans water filtration systems if you want. I believe telling them the importance of water filtration, in our opinion, is the most we should interfere. The rest should be left to them.
One Degree wrote:Bad water is bad water. Just because the water is cloudy in your picture is meaningless. You can’t see the microbes or most hazardous contaminants.

Sure, and drinking out of an open ditch a herd of cows just crossed (try it sometime) is much the same as drinking from a goblet in a comfortable living room ... isn't it.

Give Africans water filtration systems if you want. I believe telling them the importance of water filtration, in our opinion, is the most we should interfere.

Sounds kind of like "Bah-Humbug" doesn't it ? Say hello to Marley for me when you see him.

Zam :smokin:
Zamuel wrote:Sure, and drinking out of an open ditch a herd of cows just crossed (try it sometime) is much the same as drinking from a goblet in a comfortable living room ... isn't it.

Sounds kind of like "Bah-Humbug" doesn't it ? Say hello to Marley for me when you see him.

Zam :smokin:

I am sure you are aware the goblet could actually be more dangerous.
It is not bah humbug to respect the abilities of fellow humans. I am sure they could figure out the plans for installing a water purification system as well as I can. It is this ‘condescension’ I object to.
One Degree wrote:I am sure you are aware the goblet could actually be more dangerous.
It is not bah humbug to respect the abilities of fellow humans. I am sure they could figure out the plans for installing a water purification system as well as I can. It is this ‘condescension’ I object to.

If I am bah humbug, then you are a believer in ‘white man’s burden’.
One Degree wrote:It is not bah humbug to respect the abilities of fellow humans. I am sure they could figure out the plans for installing a water purification system as well as I can.

So you're a civil engineer now? How many Municipal systems have you built ... Why do I lack confidence? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zam
Zamuel wrote:So you're a civil engineer now? How many Municipal systems have you built ... Why do I lack confidence? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zam

No, I had a well that became contaminated. I have no idea why you lack confidence. :)
One Degree wrote:There are no ‘good guys’ in Africa.

This goes with killing them all and lettin' god sort 'em out, and drinking whiskey from a dirty glass.

Can we please turn the movie projector off and get real?
QatzelOk wrote:Can we please turn the movie projector off and get real?

Reality is what you make of it ... yours doesn't look like much fun.

Zam
Zamuel wrote:Reality is what you make of it ... yours doesn't look like much fun.

Are you saying that I'd have more fun if I wrote/thought things like "There are no good guys in Africa"?

Why is it fun to repeat things that are said in spagetti Westerns?

Not everyone finds LARP fun, and cowboys and injuns is even less globally popular as a way of having fun.

Can't fun exist in a spirt of mutual respect for other nations and cultures?

Before Western mining companies showed up, most rivers in Africa were clean and healthy sources for drinking water and much more.

But for Western corporations with foreign owners and no attachment to the places and cultures, Africa is just one big Flint, Michigan. These corporations will be long gone when the rivers and lakes are all poison.
QatzelOk wrote:Are you saying that I'd have more fun if I wrote/thought things like "There are no good guys in Africa"?

No, just observing that, getting "real" with you looks intensely uncomfortable ... I don't mean that to be a value judgement.

I don't think anybody on Pofo is "perfectly satisfied" with the way things are, most of them have a vision of how things could be improved (this side of "Kill em all.") These concepts for improvement interest me as they in general reflect positive prospects ... Maybe I've missed it, but I don't see that in what you write.

There is great potential for the future in Africa ... yes some people have been trying to exploit it unforgivably. Others have sought to foster it. Condemning everything, simply because of it's origins is a poor excuse for lazy thinking.

Zam
QatzelOk wrote:This goes with killing them all and lettin' god sort 'em out, and drinking whiskey from a dirty glass.

Can we please turn the movie projector off and get real?

I suggested my ‘movie’ to the one being ran which showed China, in a white hat, saving ‘town Africa ‘ from the Western villains. In my movie, ‘town Africa’ is being attacked by the cowboys and the Indians.
One Degree wrote:I suggested my ‘movie’ to the one being ran which showed China, in a white hat, saving ‘town Africa ‘ from the Western villains. In my movie, ‘town Africa’ is being attacked by the cowboys and the Indians.

And then the Arabs ride in and take over.

Zam :eh:

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O