North and South Korea vow to end the Korean War in historic accord - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:As for Paris and the Iran deal, as I understand it, Trump was able to reverse those easily because they never went through Congress. It should have been clear to Europe that the possibility of the US pulling out of either was there once a Republican became president. It's bad practice in general in my view to try push agreements or deals through in this way and hope there will be enough outrage around the world that the next president doesn't dare to reverse them.

That suggests that Republicans in the Senate would have helped Obama pass a deal that he had the power to pass himself. There's nothing to gain from such a move politically. Note the Iran deal wasn't vetoed (58-42 against) and the Paris agreement wasn't legally binding. Whether a Republican president would pull out was anything but clear. Obamacare wasn't reversed either despite the furious Republican rhetoric against it. I think Trump is very keen to fulfill his election promises at least superficially, because that will keep his core supporters happy.

If you ask me the presidency in the US should simply be abolished. Works well enough in Canada and Australia.
I think making a judgement about the success or failure is jumping the gun. North Korea is going to move to set the chips in their favor.

Of course, this is why I have been pretty afraid of Trump screwing things up.
Well considering Trump has yet to do anything, we have plenty of comments on here that he has organised the whole thing.

Why the fuck they did military drills is beyond me. 18D chess with intelligent snakepit masters who knows how to play the diplomat game? No chance. Like Iran, the embassy and Paris, NK will be remembered as another US fuck up. Why? Because it was a sure thing and America couldn't restrain its self for just a few months longer.

The diplomatic master here is Kim. He has shown the world that he offers what seems much, but in reality is symbolic to gain strong support and recognition he hadn't had previously. He has also marginalised America out of Asia without firing a single bullet. Now that is impressive.
B0ycey wrote:Why the fuck they did military drills is beyond me.

Oh I'm sorry isn't Trump enough of a cowardly cuck for you. You're damn right we shouldn't be doing military exercises, we should be be making an actual attack. Trump is following his Jewish masters here. Peace with NK at any price so we can focus on Iran. Now my hope is that is that Trump is actually doing the minimum he can get away with on Iran, while doing the best he can to strengthen Putin's position.

When Hitler invaded rCzechoslovakia in March 1939, he proved that he couldn't be trusted in that position of power and regime change was a necessity. The Kims long ago passed the regime change threshold. Remember that even in September 39 there were many siren voices of peace and the cowards in Ireland, the USA, Belgium, Holland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark failed to act.
Rich wrote:Oh I'm sorry isn't Trump enough of a cowardly cuck for you. You're damn right we shouldn't be doing military exercises, we should be be making an actual attack. Trump is following his Jewish masters here. Peace with NK at any price so we can focus on Iran. Now my hope is that is that Trump is actually doing the minimum he can get away with on Iran, while doing the best he can to strengthen Putin's position.

When Hitler invaded rCzechoslovakia in March 1939, he proved that he couldn't be trusted in that position of power and regime change was a necessity. The Kims long ago passed the regime change threshold. Remember that even in September 39 there were many siren voices of peace and the cowards in Ireland, the USA, Belgium, Holland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark failed to act.

Any leader of any caliber can start a war. The smart, the brave, the insane, the dotard. But true valour is achieved by fighting side by side with the men you send out to die. It isn't courageous to start a fight you do not actively partake in. It perhaps is to refrain from fighting actually. So like Vietnam, I suspect Trump is a coward. I doubt he need worry when he is safe under Camp David whilst the rest of the world is under nuclear war conditions.

As for starting a war with NK. It wouldn't be NK the Americans would be fighting might I add. It would be China. Do you think America stands a chance winning a war against China in their own backyard? They have nearly 2 billion fighters and a military that rivals America. NK nuclear weapons have always been pointless. They are of no use to anyone when you have China as an ally. They are also not a threat to America. So whilst we have a pissing contest between Kim and Trump, ultimately Kim has the stronger hand.

Nonetheless it will be America who will have to concede here to achieve peace. And with how Trump diplomacy has been working recently, he won't be winning any friends if this talk does tits up. So forget Nobel peace prizes. America under Trump seem to be losing the diplomatic game in every single criteria. So here on here thinks Trumps Tweets caused this talk? Because all I see is Kim holding the lead here.
Godstud wrote:Most regimes are not based on love and kindness, but there's a happy medium that can be attained. Trump promotes discord, conflict, and bipartisanship.

No, he is just accused of it. I know extremist liberals believe whatever they say becomes reality, but it doesn’t. Record low minority unemployment and ever increasing minority support puts the lie to these accusations.
One degree wrote:No, he is just accused of it.
He fucking promotes it. You're lying to yourself.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donal ... -violence/

One Degree wrote:Record low minority unemployment and ever increasing minority support puts the lie to these accusations.
Minority support according to who? Fuck, you'd suck his cock if Trump told you it was a cucumber, wouldn't you?
Godstud wrote:He fucking promotes it. You're lying to yourself.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donal ... -violence/

Minority support according to who? Fuck, you'd suck his cock if Trump told you it was a cucumber, wouldn't you?

A viral cartoon as evidence shows you have become too delusional to bother replying to. Add in your second statement that is disgustingly juvenile again and it is obvious you are beyond reasonable discussion.
You obviously didn't read the article. You looked at a cartoon and made a childish assumption. if there's anyone here that's being juvenile, it's you. I'm simply stating facts that you can't dispute.

A discussion with you, @One Degree is never reasonable. You're incapable of reason wherever your god-emperor is concerned.

You can't even support the lies you peddle.
B0ycey wrote:Any leader of any caliber can start a war. The smart, the brave, the insane, the dotard. But true valour is achieved by fighting side by side with the men you send out to die. It isn't courageous to start a fight you do not actively partake in.

Of course who can not admire men like Adolf Hitler, Reinhard Heydrich and Winston Churchill. Churchill pushed for war against the Soviet Union after WWI, a wise and noble policy. However personal bravery in action is no guarantee of wise leadership and both Churchill and Hitler made their share of strategic mistakes.

The 2003 war that brought majority rule to Iraq and brought down decades of Sunni Arab oppression and centuries of Sunni oppression was a noble and glorious thing, but I would have preferred an attack on North Korea first.
Godstud wrote:You obviously didn't read the article. You looked at a cartoon and made a childish assumption. if there's anyone here that's being juvenile, it's you. I'm simply stating facts that you can't dispute.

A discussion with you, @One Degree is never reasonable. You're incapable of reason wherever your god-emperor is concerned.

You can't even support the lies you peddle.

What facts? What lies?
annatar1914 wrote:You must think i'm fucking naive if you think i'm going to buy what you're selling, that people who have survived the snake pit real estate market in New York and internationally are somehow incompetent morons. Pull the other one, SO. If there's ''grift'' to be produced off of Trump, he must have some sharpness and cunning, now wouldn't he?

I'm not really impressed by his multiple bankruptcies or being a low level money launderer, no.

Typical arrogant nonsense, which i'll relish seeing destroyed as Trump's faction seizes total power in this country, oh the schadenfreude to see all these illusions brutally vaporized!

Lmfao
I'm not really impressed by his multiple bankruptcies or being a low level money launderer, no.

Are you kidding? You should be impressed. When a guy like me who doesn't have millions in the bank does something like declare bankruptcy, I don't make millions more out of the deal. And money laundering? Let me tell you, these days if you happen to be involved in any kind of major residential and/or commercial real estate in the United States or anywhere else, you are involved on some level with ''money laundering''.

I have the feeling that you really are impressed. I'm not a Capitalist philosophically although i've been involved in business for many years myself, and I'm ''Impressed''. I'm impressed that so many people see the real face of successful Capitalism, seamy and disgusting as it is, and pretend to be horrified like they're a gaggle of sheltered nuns or something. It's ridiculous, especially coming from such urban sophisticates as I've seen on PoFo over the years. Who the hell are you people trying to fool anyway? Yourselves? This guy and his faction are mopping the floor with your hired hand politicians. And it's going to get even funnier soon.

Lmfao

Something tells me that you're really not laughing about all this, SO, and you certainly won't be for too much longer. But who knows? A guy like you can often come out all right when so many don't.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]