May Day Protests in France Turn Violent - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/05 ... urn-riots/

Paris witnessed burning cars, smashed shops and banks, and police attacked by masked and hooded left-extremist activists Tuesday as the May Day protests descended into bitter violence.

The marches this year remember the 50th anniversary of the 1968 Paris riots, from which the ’68ers sobriquet for post war-born children politically radicalised to the left in the 1960s arises. Britain’s Times reports the violence this week is the worst on a May Day protest since 1968 itself.

Looks like the AntiFA phenomenon is alive and well in western Europe. I suspect the Oakland/Berkeley instigators were killed in a fire that happened out there but there's quite a few of them left in other places.

I remain baffled that people protest capitalism, yet want all of the consumer goods that capitalism can offer, instead of just moving somewhere else and living a more humble life like I do.
noir wrote:AntiFA phenomenon is really strange, what makes them "anti fascists"? Who are the "fascists" they are talking about? Why they are so angry and violent about these "fascists"?

I can't speak for the so-called ''AntiFa'' idiots, but if you don't know who the Fascists are, don't worry, you soon will know who they are.

Unfortunately, the word ''Fascist'' has come to mean for many people anyone who they dislike politically, but I think the Marxist-Leninist definition works pretty good. I agree with the Marxist Leninist Harpal Brar in that Fascism is;

Far from being an independent theory and system born in opposition to capitalism, far from being an independent ideology of the petty bourgeoisie hostile to the proletariat and monopoly capital alike, fascism is, on the contrary, the most consummate expression, in certain conditions of extreme decay, of the chief tendencies and policies of capitalism in its imperialist stage.
Albert wrote:AntiFa is government founded militia henchmen, like Decky. They are equivalent of the brown shirts of the Nazis.

No, they are not ''equivalent to the brown shirts of the Nazis''. And, they are not ''government funded''. Is this some kind of attempt to make the Fascists look good?
Albert wrote:AntiFa is government founded militia henchmen, like Decky. They are equivalent of the brown shirts of the Nazis.

:lol:

You think the Tories are funding antifa?
noir wrote:Yes, but why the pretense of "anti fascism", how they come to take this cause? Campus indoctrination?

Being anti-fascist is very popular with many young people, especially in universities.
I called myself an anti-fascist in my student days.
I remember at a certain time there were daily demonstrations and fights with the police. A friend of mine went demonstrating and fighting every evening. I asked him why he did this and he said it was fun. I didn't participate in those demonstrations and fights because even those days I was wise (and a coward of sorts).
Hong Wu wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/05/02/pictures-paris-burns-may-day-protests-turn-riots/

Looks like the AntiFA phenomenon is alive and well in western Europe. I suspect the Oakland/Berkeley instigators were killed in a fire that happened out there but there's quite a few of them left in other places.

I remain baffled that people protest capitalism, yet want all of the consumer goods that capitalism can offer, instead of just moving somewhere else and living a more humble life like I do.

@Albert
@Atlantis

Way to go boyz. Label everyone as anti-fa. Do you even know who these guys are? :lol:

I mean it is understandable for the indoctrinated to think all protesters are anti-fa but in reality, if you had a little clue about the protesters in Europe in general, you would know who these guys are.

They look awefully like the black block protesters. Carry their standard MO. Highly organised. You are not going to say that black bloc are anti-fa are you?

Actually the only one that said something sane about them here is Ter.

They don't need funds.
They just come out and break and burn stuff.
It's fun
[quoteI mean it is understandable for the indoctrinated to think all protesters are anti-fa but in reality, if you had a little clue about the protesters in Europe in general, you would know who these guys are.

They look awefully like the black block protesters. Carry their standard MO. Highly organised. You are not going to say that black bloc are anti-fa are you?][/quote]

Antifa is variant of skinheads. A fashion statement. From the image they wear the Antifa dress code, so we assume it's Antifa currents.

Probably, It's all to do college education both in EU and the states.
noir wrote:I mean it is understandable for the indoctrinated to think all protesters are anti-fa but in reality, if you had a little clue about the protesters in Europe in general, you would know who these guys are.

They look awefully like the black block protesters. Carry their standard MO. Highly organised. You are not going to say that black bloc are anti-fa are you?

Antifa is variant of skinheads. A fashion statement. From the image they wear the Antifa dress code, so we assume it's Antifa currents.

Probably, It's all to do college education both in EU and the states.

Black Bloc has a different motivation compared to anti-fa. You can't simply label all the protesters anti-fa if you consider the protest to have an "anti-fa" cause.
JohnRawls wrote:@Albert
@Atlantis

Way to go boyz. Label everyone as anti-fa. Do you even know who these guys are? :lol:

I mean it is understandable for the indoctrinated to think all protesters are anti-fa but in reality, if you had a little clue about the protesters in Europe in general, you would know who these guys are.

Actually the only one that said something sane about them here is Ter.
Same anarchist rabble that have no respect for anything.
Albert wrote:Same anarchist rabble that have no respect for anything.

Wait what? Weren't anti-fa "leftist" or "progressive" etc? How are anti-fa Anarchist?

Black bloc is anti-globalist and anarchist. That is correct, but how does that make them anti-fa, i do not understand. :eh:
John come on you are taking this too seriously and pooping my mindless fun. But to approach the subject seriously, yes black bloc is predominantly anarchist and antifa is an opposition movement which as far as I understand does not have any ideological basis; therefore I imagine you can find people of all political stripes in antifa camp.

Both however are stupidly violent so I imagine the mentality of participants there has to bear some sort of similarity.
JohnRawls wrote:@Albert
@Atlantis

Communication must have gone badly garbled. I don't believe I ever used the term "anti-fa" in my entire life.

Regarding my previous message in this thread, I pointed to the hypocrisy of Western imperialists, who try (tried) to use protests in Iran and Syria for their regime change plans by supporting terrorism while, at the same time, ridiculing Western protests in Paris.

Yes I was using the word fun, loosely , ironicall[…]

Trans people are just people. They have no less an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You should impose your own standards on yourself.[…]

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]