Trump pulls U.S. out of Iranian nuclear deal. Is a war with Iran inevitable? - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@Zamuel

Oh you did say that. My apologizes. Personally I don’t think I’m the one who needs to seek redemption.

Now after quoting that little bit of irrelevance why don’t you actually address my point or i.e., the fact that the Torah took from Hammurabi’s laws instead of vice versa. To refute your point further, Hammurabi neither was Jewish nor had any reason to be influenced by them.
I think the USA vs Iran war is inevitable.

Iran has thrown the gauntlet to Trumps feet by switching from the petrodollar to the euro a couple weeks ago.

Who has done this before ? Oh, right. Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gaddafi, Bashar al-Assad. All did this before they got attacked.

And now Trump has picked up the gauntlet. Its only a question of time.

The USA is in a foul mood already for losing against Assad since Putin is holding his hand over him. They cannot also lose against Iran, too.
Oxymandias wrote:why don’t you actually address my point or i.e., the fact that the Torah took from Hammurabi’s laws instead of vice versa. To refute your point further, Hammurabi neither was Jewish nor had any reason to be influenced by them.

The earliest system of law I'm aware of are the "Noachide Code" given to Noah. The ancient (pre Mosaic) Judaic culture was organized around them. Some scholars believe that these were being studied at the ancient "Academy of Shem" Some even assert that Hammurabi was a student there, but disputed social traditions and was cast out. Hammurabi drew upon their interpretations when defining his "Laws."

This wasn't the only source Hammurabi used, there are notable differences. Hammurabi's laws favored the privileged, while the Noachide traditions favored the poor & oppressed. The Mosaic dispensation added three laws to those given to Noah … I've never known anyone to suggest they were related to Hammurabi.

That's the extent of what I know … I'm certainly no expert, and given the scholastic environment these days, I'd expect it's disputed.

Zam
Beren wrote:If it's up to Israel only, the Palestinians should ask them politely for permission perhaps? :?:

Yes, that's happened but isn't happening since Israel wants all of Palestine, rather than the 55% it was offered (despite being the minority at that time). Israel was offered 78% under Arafat but that still wasn't enough. Israel currently controls 100% of the land but its problem is that the millions of natives that remained haven't all been killed or cleansed out of the land they want.

The Israelis focused on establishing a state all along, while the Palestinians didn't, that's the problem.

That's the problem if you're completely retarded and ignore the documented very recent history of the colonialist "conflict" that showed it was never about sharing the land or having two states, but for Israel taking all of Palestine (they just couldn't say that 70 years ago because it would've likely not been offered and because it would've killed the victim-character early zionists were playing).
I know @skinster you're not here for reasonable debate, but the Palestinians had a wrong strategy that failed them, and it's still failing them. They should've changed their strategy or attitude after Jom Kippur at least, but they went through with it till the very end instead and ended up either occupied or kept in a prison complex, while the Israelis live their normal daily lives basically.
Beren wrote:I know @skinster you're not here for reasonable debate, but the Palestinians had a wrong strategy that failed them, and it's still failing them. They should've changed their strategy or attitude after Jom Kippur at least, but they went through with it till the very end instead and ended up either occupied or kept in a prison complex, while the Israelis live their normal daily lives basically.

I am entirely reasonable and post sources a lot of the time while you've shared fuck all besides your opinion.

What wrong strategy failed the Palestinians? They've only asked for what the world has offered them, despite having most of their land taken from them. Sounds like you've eaten up the propaganda of Palestinians being offered...anything. The purpose of the "negotiations" was so the Israelis could bide time in order to steal more territory and this is proven by the reality on the ground today. The same reality which has had the Israelis recently declare that there will never be a Palestinian state.
skinster wrote:Israel currently controls 100% of the land but its problem is that the millions of natives that remained haven't all been killed or cleansed out of the land they want.

Deuteronomy 20:16–17: you shall save alive nothing that breathes, but you shall devote them to complete destruction

Yep, you see where this is headed?

Zam :smokin:
@Zamuel

The earliest system of law I'm aware of are the "Noachide Code" given to Noah. The ancient (pre Mosaic) Judaic culture was organized around them. Some scholars believe that these were being studied at the ancient "Academy of Shem" Some even assert that Hammurabi was a student there, but disputed social traditions and was cast out. Hammurabi drew upon their interpretations when defining his "Laws."

What are the documents by which scholars have drawn such conclusions. It seems to me that your argument is based on the opinions of a select few people of which you are unable to cite.

This wasn't the only source Hammurabi used, there are notable differences. Hammurabi's laws favored the privileged, while the Noachide traditions favored the poor & oppressed. The Mosaic dispensation added three laws to those given to Noah … I've never known anyone to suggest they were related to Hammurabi.

There are only seven really broad laws in Noahide law and discuss mostly theological and moral principles. Meanwhile, Hammurabi's laws don't touch religion at all and have a completely different sense of morality than what was described in the seven laws of Noah. Based on this, I see no similarities between Hammurabi's law and Noahide law outside of some agreements with one another (such as both agreeing that theft is wrong). If you have any other sources which say otherwise you'll have to bring them to my attention. Furthermore, I would like to know your proof for the assertion that Noahide law is the oldest organization of law in the world.

That's the extent of what I know … I'm certainly no expert, and given the scholastic environment these days, I'd expect it's disputed.

It certainly is.

This has nothing to do with the Iran deal or Iran. If you intend to continue this discussion further, I will refrain from speaking on the matter.

@Beren

The wrong strategy the priority of which was the destruction of Israel. Even recognising Israel was a taboo for them and it's still a taboo for many of them, although it would only mean recognising reality.

Recognizing Israel is taboo given that they see them as illegitimate and so they see them as invaders. It isn't a matter of reality, given Israel's actions I don't blame them for seeing Israel as this overwhelming invading force bent on destroying them. The destruction of Israel isn't the goal, to them it's ending an occupation.
@Zamuel

I am. I simply don't believe any response that comes out of a person's mouth. This is why I want objective verifiable information which may back a answer and provide it with legitimacy. Furthermore, I find your reaction to my words as remarkably immature. I mean, if your response to someone asking for sources is to aggressively flip them off, I don't think you should be on a debate forum where people asking for sources happens regularly.

In any case, your post as well as mine is irrelevant to the topic. The only reason why I'm writing this post is because I simply don't want to give you the satisfaction of flipping me off with no retaliation from me. I have pride and I am not willing to let something as vulgar as your post get away from any scrutiny. You may think this reasoning is ridiculous, but it certainly is not as childish as your post. If you are going to insult me, do so with more dignity next time.
Beren wrote:The wrong strategy the priority of which was the destruction of Israel. Even recognising Israel was a taboo for them and it's still a taboo for many of them, although it would only mean recognising reality.

Lol, you've eaten up hasbara.

In reality, Palestinians from all factions of the govt have stated they will recognize Israel as a state by their side, including Hamas, over a decade ago. Israel refused this because it would get in the way of stealing what's left of what is internationally recognized as Palestinian territory.

In reality, it is Israel that has destroyed Palestine and continues to, and it is Israel which has stated it refuses a Palestinian state by its side.

Even if we entertain the bullshit idea of Palestinians destroying Israel, in which world do you see Palestinians winning a fight with a major military power like Israel? :lol:

Israel has all the power against a captive population who don't even own a tank.
skinster wrote:Lol, you've eaten up hasbara.

@Beren welcome to the Hasbara club.
We will start sending you your monthly stipend

skinster wrote:In reality, Palestinians from all factions of the govt have stated they will recognize Israel as a state by their side, including Hamas, over a decade ago.

Yes, they will recognise Israel if it allows 6 million Arabs in, therefore it becomes an Islamic State. Hello Zimbabwe, Hello South Africa ! And with an Islamic Palestine next to it.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]