Israeli troops kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – live updat - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Rich wrote:The claim that Hamas is a proxy for Iran is an absurd Jewish supremacist claim. If anything Iran is a proxy for Hamas. We've seen how lefties desperately crave approval from Muslims. Lefties are useful idiots for Muslim terrorists, who will be rounded up, imprisoned, tortured and even killed when they have ceased to be useful. We saw this in Iran after the 1979 revolution.

Calm down rich … everybody gets it. In fact there exists an "alliance of convenience." That allows both Sunni and Shia to exploit the "Liberal Infidels" for all the support they can get. It's only words. I doubt even skinster will be suckered.

Zam :roll:
Saudi Ambassador to US: Those Manipulating Palestinian Cause are Following Iran’s Agenda

Those manipulating the Palestinian cause are following Iran’s agenda, which is spilling Arab blood in Syria, Yemen and elsewhere, he said in a series of tweets.

The Iranian regime claims to champion Palestinian resistance against Israeli occupation, but it instead aspires to seize Arab capitals and commit massacres there, continued Prince Khalid.

https://m.aawsat.com/english/home/artic ... %E2%80%99s

Mohammed bin Salman

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-saudi- ... th-israel/

The reformer in question, Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS), has been identified with much of this high-level diplomatic flirtation.

“MBS regards the Palestinian issue as one to sort out but not to block relations with Israel,” Henderson said. “It’s no longer paramount. The paramount issue is Iran.”

Many journalists pushing for normalization, whether in tweets or in columns, cite the nefariousness of Hamas. In his remarks to The Atlantic, Bin Salman described an “evil triangle” — containing not only Iran and Sunni terrorist organizations, but the Muslim Brotherhood as well.

Some Saudis consider Hamas, an organization which has received Iranian support and which until recently was officially a branch of the Muslim Brotherhood, to be a natural enemy of the new, liberal Saudi project.

“Iran is playing a malicious game in Gaza in cooperation with Hamas and they are mobilizing to provoke chaos,” Saudi blogger Mansour al-Khamis tweeted.
Hasbara trolls are working hard defending the most recent Israeli massacre...huh.

Killing protestors for the crime of Walking While Gazan
Dear Rabbi Yoffie,

Regarding your column, If You Call The Gaza Death Toll ‘Disproportionate’, [Ha’aretz, May 16] we agree that language counts.

The deaths arising from Gaza’s protests are one-sided: the IDF has killed more than one hundred Gazans. They have injured more protestors than Gaza has hospital beds. Medecins Sans Frontieres has noted an alarming pattern among the gunshot wounds, indicating a particularly harmful choice of ammunition. No Israeli has been injured or killed.

You ask whether a person who observes these facts would like to see “a hundred Jewish bodies… strewn across the desert”.

No, I would not. I am simply observing a fact. I am not seeking more deaths; I am seeking fewer. I am calling attention to avoidable killing. If I may not note the factual distribution of death, then what am I allowed to say?

We think in proportions, and International Humanitarian Law is based partly on the pillar of proportionality. During the 2014 onslaught in Gaza, 18,000 Gazans homes and one Israeli home were severely damaged or destroyed. 550 Gazan children and one Israeli child died. Those ratios indicate that terms like “war” poorly describe the nature of the violence that Gazans experience. “War” suggests a reciprocal violence, tempered by mutual mortal risk. In Gaza, the violence, the mortal risk, and the damage are so one-sided that different language is needed to convey it.

The actual ratios of loss convey that one side holds overwhelming power, and the other side lives with overwhelming threat.

You suggest that commentators would better understand the appropriateness of these arrangements if they could imagine being a “resident of a town near Gaza”.

Hmm. Maybe they are imagining being a resident of Gaza.

From America, you find persistent observations of disproportion “infuriating”. In Gaza, disproportion is death, and that may be what infuriates the commentators.

You write that the IDF’s “shoot-to-kill [instruction] was… an absolute last resort”.

No, Rabbi, the Gaza protests are the last resort. After eleven years of blockade, throwing a rock toward lethally-armed soldiers is a last resort.

On the field of protest, you are confusing Gaza and Hamas. Behind Gaza’s blockade wall, a community of two million people live in conditions you would not accept for yourself. Each time you slip in “Hamas” as a proxy for the community or the crowd of protestors, you militarize the space and excuse Israel’s violent, collective response to the people in that space, aged eight months and older.

I would not expect you to passively submit to the life behind Gaza’s blockade walls, and I know you would not be content to raise your children in Gaza’s conditions. You would protest.

Your column invokes the “prayers of [American] civil rights leaders that their children not be harmed”. Why is it hard for you to see that Gazan parents say the same prayer? This very prayer is driving people to risk being killed for the crime of Walking While Gazan.

I am mystified than you are unable to see political agency, or human desperation, in these protests.

When I lived in Gaza, I used to imagine two million unarmed Gazans, walking out. This season, I shared those hopes with others who have advocated mass non-violent protest. I skyped with Gazan friends about their hopes – and then I saw the scores of killings alongside the spectacle of Trump’s triumphal Israel.

As a Jew, this week of Jewish nationalism has left me in despair.

I have never written in support of Hamas. I have observed that the blockade walls feed the rage that feeds the militants. But Hamas is not Gaza. The existence of Hamas does not give Israel pretext for shooting and killing unarmed demonstrators.

Rabbi, no language can make the blockade of Gaza legal or ethically tolerable. Language cannot not alter the grossly disproportionate suffering, which is caused primarily by Israel’s policy choices. No language can erase the visible fact of Israeli soldiers, drones, an air force and a blockade slowly choking the breath out of a community of two million people.

Eventually, every Jew will have to ask themselves, ‘What am I going to believe, this language or the world in front of my eyes?’

May this week prompt more of us to reject the language that dehumanizes Gaza and props up the blockade walls.
http://www.ultimathule.blog/2018/05/17/ ... ing-gazan/
danholo wrote:As if a Pallywood propagandist is any better. You don't listen to anything skinster. Killing violent protesters does not amount to a massacre. Nobody isn't defending a massacre as that is not what happened. A large body count does not mean "massacre".

What Pallywood are you talking about, zionist dude who makes drive-by posts every now and then? Quote me.

What is there to listen to exactly from people like you? Hasbara isn't convincing.

There are a number of people ITT who defend the massacre and general enslavement of the Palestinian people, as you do.

What happened in Gaza two weeks ago, if not a massacre?

Here's me totally unsurprised that zionists complain about semantics rather than outright murder of people, including babies. :|
skinster wrote:There are a number of people ITT who defend the massacre and general enslavement of the Palestinian people, as you do.

Yes there are and for good reason. These deaths were suicides-en-mass. Pre defined provocations with cameras rolling.

What happened in Gaza two weeks ago, if not a massacre?

Massacre is the right word to use here. It does in fact mean - A large body count -. It is not however a "Judgmental" term. The death count could have been much worse. It wasn't, due to Israeli restraint and selectivity.

The central fact, the focal point, is that this was a Palestinian provocation which hoped to demonize Israel as the monster Palestinians envision, via suicidal sacrifices. It failed.

Zam :smokin:
Zamuel wrote:Yes there are and for good reason. These deaths were suicides-en-mass. Pre defined provocations with cameras rolling.

Massacre is the right word to use here. It does in fact mean - A large body count -. It is not however a "Judgmental" term. The death count could have been much worse. It wasn't, due to Israeli restraint and selectivity.

The central fact, the focal point, is that this was a Palestinian provocation which hoped to demonize Israel as the monster Palestinians envision, via suicidal sacrifices. It failed.

Zam :smokin:

"This is the first government in history that has deliberately sought to compel its enemy to kill its own people."

https://m.news24.com/Columnists/GuestCo ... a-20180529
skinster wrote:Let's just call you the guy that sides with current-day nazis. :)

You are siding with people who throw gays of roofs, who use kids as shields, and who treat women slightly better then dogs. You are a the definition of Hypocrite, or perhaps you are just too freaking dumb to know any better.
Hasbara is boring. I've already posted evidence of Israeli use of Palestinian people as human shields ITT, whereas you have presented nothing but your shit opinion, but that's expected from zionists so whatever, I'm just thinking out loud.

More people joining the movement to boycott apartheid Israel:

News from right now is that Israel has cut off the 4 hours of electricity it gave to its prisoners inside concentration camp Gaza, and there have been a number of explosions from Israeli missiles. Gaza is under attack once more.
skinster wrote:Hasbara is boring.

That is skinster's answer to every annoying fact about the Arabs.
How convenient.

skinster wrote:News from right now is that Israel has cut off the 4 hours of electricity it gave to its prisoners inside concentration camp Gaza, and there have been a number of explosions from Israeli missiles. Gaza is under attack once more

Oh, you forgot to mention the 48 mortar rounds shot indiscriminately into Israel a couple of hours ago, followed by several rockets.
But that is hasbara talking, yes ?
Because the Arabs can do whatever they want but the Israelis can do nothing in return.
You do not care about Israelis under attack, including civilians and children, you are only crying for the Arabs. Even non-Zionists are getting weary of your zealotry.
Trooper wrote:"This is the first government in history that has deliberately sought to compel its enemy to kill its own people." https://m.news24.com/Columnists/GuestColumn/those-biased-against-israel-complicit-in-hamas-propaganda-20180529

That's an excellent observation. The article you posted starts a little slow, but makes many pertinent points.

"Organizing peaceful protests was never Hamas’s intention. Its purpose, as its own spokesmen explicitly stated time and again, was to incite a mass invasion of Israeli territory, knowing very well that Israel could not and would not allow this. Hamas Prime Minister Yahya Sinwar pretty much put the real intention of his movement in a nutshell when he said: "We will tear down the border, and we will tear out their hearts from their bodies."

Not exactly "Peaceful intent."

Zam
skinster wrote:Another shit opinion-post from Ter.

Said the Arab-lover who wants to hear no evil about her darling Arabs

skinster wrote:Lol at attempting to paint the oppressors, the Israelis, as victims...those who imprison 2 million in a concentration camp, and brutally militarily occupy Palestinians in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

And I am lolling at your jargon clichés sleep-inducing repetition of one-sided accusations.

So yes, Gaza is under attack because 48 mortar rounds were shot at Israeli civilian neighbourhoods. Israel has every right to defend its citizens from such savagery.

@ingliz he ignores mixed race people I […]

The assessment I've seen is that it would take[…]

@late The best response to a far Right like a[…]

This is largely history repeating itself . Similar[…]