Israeli troops kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – live updat - Page 28 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Zionist Nationalist wrote:there is no other way around if the IDF wont stop them by force they will break the fence and get in un attempt to murder soldiers/civilians

these are not peaceful protests

At the same time the fact they are 100% going to get shot dead and become martyrs for Islam doesn't help either you guys or themselves.

You are not going to stop shooting them, and they are not going to stop coming at you.

It's pure insanity on both sides.
colliric wrote:At the same time the fact they are 100% going to get shot dead and become martyrs for Islam doesn't help either you guys or themselves.

They are not becoming martyrs for Islam, but for their land, Palestine. Palestinians in Gaza are protesting their conditions of imprisonment, starvation, bombing and being forced to live in a war-torn prison where electricity is on for a couple of hours per day and almost 100% of the drinking water is not fit for human consumption.

You are not going to stop shooting them, and they are not going to stop coming at you.

Palestinians cannot even get past the Gaza prison walls. Israel knows this. Palestinians in Gaza know this. They're being murdered for protesting and bringing light to their horrific living conditions.

It's pure insanity on both sides.

There is no both sides. There is the oppressor and the oppressed and most people can see who is what with their own eyes. Palestinians in Gaza have no agency at all. Israel holds all of the power because it is Israel that is controlling and blockading and putting under seige the Gaza strip, the largest concentration camp full of Palestine's refugees of 1947/48, and their descendants. International law recognizes Palestinian rights to return to their homes. Israel is committing war crimes by its control and siege of Gaza, and violating international law in general by continuing its oppression and murder of Palestinians.

More on that:
Last edited by skinster on 12 Jun 2018 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have seen Britain continue to run 1948 Palestine for the time being but with the Jewish right of return put in place.

Instead we got one side getting everything they wanted and the other side getting crushed.

Still the Jewish settlers are there now and it would be wrong to remove them. The state however needs to be reformed.

Ive been listening to Rabbi Dovid Weiss if you're wondering why my view seems to have changed a little.

Gideon Levy wrote:After Killing Razan al-Najjar, Israel Assassinates Her Character
When fairness is gone, all that is left is propaganda

A few short words – “Razan al-Najjar isn’t an angel of mercy” – sum up the depths of Israeli propaganda. Avichay Edraee, the Israeli army’s Arabic-language spokesman, who also speaks in my name, is a representative of an army of mercy that has also now appointed itself the judge of the measure of mercy in a medic treating Palestinian wounded on Gaza’s border with Israel, and who Israeli army soldiers mercilessly killed. After killing her, it was also necessary to assassinate her character.

Propaganda is a tool that serves many countries. The less just their policies are, the more they expand their propaganda efforts. Sweden doesn’t need propaganda. North Korea does. In Israel, it’s called hasbara – public diplomacy – because why would it need propaganda? Recently its propaganda has sunk to such despicable lows that nothing can better prove that its justifications have run out, its excuses gone, that truth is the enemy and that all that’s left are lies and slander.

It is directed mostly for domestic consumption. Around the world, few gaza people would buy it in any event. But as part of the desperate effort to persist in the psychological repression and denial, in the failure to tell ourselves the truth and the evasion of any responsibility – everything is acceptable when it comes to these efforts.

A medic in a nursing uniform has been shot to death by Israeli army snipers – as have journalists with press vests and an amputee in a wheelchair. If we rely on Israeli army snipers to know what they are doing, counting on them to be the most accurate in the world, then these people have been shot deliberately. Surely if the army had believed in the justice of the military campaign that it is waging in Gaza, it would have taken responsibility for these killings, apologizing, expressing regret and offering compensation.

But when the earth is burning under our feet, when we know the truth and understand that shooting at demonstrators and killing more than 120 of them and rendering hundreds of others disabled is more akin to a massacre, one cannot apologize or express regret. And then the army spokesman’s aggressive, clumsy, embarrassing and shameful propaganda machine springs into action – a thunderous voice from the Defense Ministry that only compounds what has been done.

Maj. Edraee released a video on Thursday in which a nurse, perhaps Najjar, is seen from the back, flinging away a smoke grenade that soldiers had thrown at her. Edraee would have done the same himself, but when it comes to desperate propaganda, it’s a smoking gun: Najjar is a terrorist. She had also said that she was a human shield. Certainly a medic is a human defender.

An Israeli army investigation, based only on the testimony of the soldiers of course, showed that she had not been deliberately shot. Clearly. The propaganda machine went further and hinted that she may have been killed by Palestinian weapons fire, which has rarely been used over the past two months.

Maybe she shot herself? Anything is possible. And do we remember any Israeli army investigation showing otherwise? Israel’s ambassador in London, Mark Regev, who is another top, polished propagandist, was quick to tweet about the “medical volunteer” in quotation marks, as if a Palestinian could be a medical volunteer. Instead, he wrote, her death is “yet another reminder of Hamas’ brutality.”

The Israeli army kills a medic in a white uniform, in an outrageous violation of international law, which provides protection for medical personnel in combat zones. And that’s despite the fact that the Gaza border does not constitute a combat zone. But it’s Hamas that is the brutal one.

Kill me, Mr. Ambassador, but who could possibly follow this twisted, sick logic? And who would buy such cheap propaganda other than some of the members of the Board of Deputies of British Jews -- the largest representative organization of U.K. Jewry – along with Merav Ben Ari, the Knesset member who was quick to take advantage of the opportunity and state: “It turns out that the medic, yes that one, wasn’t just a medic, as you see.” Yes, that one. As you see.

Israel should have been shocked by the killing of the medic. Najjar’s innocent face should have touched every Israeli’s heart. Medical organizations should have spoken out. Israelis should have hidden their faces in embarrassment. But that only could have happened if Israel had believed in the justice of its cause. When fairness is gone, all that is left is propaganda. And from that standpoint, maybe this new low is a herald of good news.
https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premiu ... -1.6158727
skinster wrote:You seem sad that I post about what's taking place in Palestine right now, even though this is a political forum.

I'm not sad at all. Thanks for your concern.

Try making an argument instead of whining all the time in one-liner form. What's your thoughts on the OP? What hot air did I quote? Whatever part of my post triggered you, just quote it and we can have a lovely chat about it.

But what argument can I make when your only argument is "Israel is evil. Believe me. I know."?

While it's hilarious to a point, it's a bit sad acually. I'm a little sad about the situation in Palestine/Israel, yeah. Israelis are in a rut, but they're doing fine. Palestinians are in the shit, nobody cares about them and nobody helps them. Most talking heads are just making it worse, and you are just posting that shit here.

Both are at fault, in their own way. Both maintain a political edge and power, where they can remain in a status quo. Palestinians are feeding off Israelis in the most destructive of ways. While it's damaging to Israel's image, it barely makes a dent in the Israeli economy.

I'm sad how blind, hateful and one sided people can be. Israelis and Palestinians are increasingly guilty of this and making the problem worse. Following your posts, I can only sense that you completely dehumanize Israelis while claiming they do that to Palestinians. Have you ever even met Israelis aside the ones you deem as good because they follow your hate and dehumanization campaign? :hmm:

Your propaganda campaign is like an 80's Hollywood movie:

Israelis are evil characters representing the evil Zionist Empire!

Palestinians are the helpless oppressed victims, the noble resistance while yelling "Khaybar kaybar ya yahood!"

You? You're the hero. I'm also the villain.

Cool fun movie, but not very original.

It seems as though you're struggling with the reality that Israel is a murderous racist state. Or that more people are aware of that today. I can't figure out which.

I'm actually not struggling with anything right now. My life is stable, thanks for asking. You, however, I don't know. Most of your daily routine is spent on on here? You are very good at posting propaganda, but none of your posts have contained any analysis or logical argumentation. I thought it was against the rules to post and spam news articles on the board without any comment of your own? Posting twitter opinions, news articles and videos are not argument. They are yelling. They are slogans. They are complete vapid nonsense. It's amazing you don't see it: The content of your arguments are merely hate speech and slogans. It's quite silly, and follows the childish show the Palestinians have created for themselves. Nobody buys it anymore. You can't paint yourself as a legitimate target and whine that you were shot at.

Grow up.
colliric wrote:Ive been listening to Rabbi Dovid Weiss if you're wondering why my view seems to have changed a little.

Why? There are many other rabbis with differing and as educated opinions. Are you seriously taking a religious position by one religious Jewish sect or what do you mean? It's a bit odd. Judaism is quite diverse in itself, with a multitude of opinions and arguments. Using just one is disingenuous. Dovid Weiss has no sole authority on anything. Jewish society works in small communities. Naturei Karta is tiny.
danholo wrote:Why?

I am currently interested in the Ultra-Orthodox opinion after seeing a glut of Jewish documentaries about them, including the sensational Netflix documentary One Of Us. I stumbled across Rabbi Weiss and his heated anti-zionist views. It was remarkable to me how much his opinion reminds me of a certain other Jewish Rabbi that said:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, just as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not have it! "Behold, your house is left to you desolate; and I say to you, you will not see Me until the time comes when you say, 'BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD

Some things don't change much at all I guess.
colliric wrote:I would rather have seen Britain continue to run 1948 Palestine for the time being but with the Jewish right of return put in place.

That would have been impossible. The British were under attack and "Jewish Return" would mean the reinforcement of their primary attackers.

Instead we got one side getting everything they wanted and the other side getting crushed.

Which was exactly the opposite of what the British thought they had engineered.

Still the Jewish settlers are there now and it would be wrong to remove them. The state however needs to be reformed.

Nobody is going to "Reform Israel," that's the biggest fantasy I've seen yet.

Zam
Zamuel wrote:That would have been impossible. The British were under attack and "Jewish Return" would mean the reinforcement of their primary attackers.

I guess so. It's sad though.

Which was exactly the opposite of what the British thought they had engineered.

Which is why I said it was a total disaster.

Nobody is going to "Reform Israel," that's the biggest fantasy I've seen yet.

Zam

Yeah but we can dream. Am I right?
colliric wrote:Which is why I said it was a total disaster.

Not from the Jewish point of view …

Yeah but we can dream. Am I right?

You can, if you wish to waste your time and encourage anti-Semitism. I prefer to dream of a leader arising from the ashes of Gaza dedicated to non-violence.

Zam
Zamuel wrote:You can, if you wish to waste your time and encourage anti-Semitism. I prefer to dream of a leader arising from the ashes of Gaza dedicated to non-violence.

Zam

You are also wasting your time.

One of the things that has to be qualified with respect to Gandhi is that his tactics wouldn't have worked against an adversary like the Nazis.

That it worked with the British in India is particular to particular circumstances and setting. But I don't know that it will work against the Zionists in this circumstance, which is fundamentally about land.
Crantag wrote:One of the things that has to be qualified with respect to Gandhi is that his tactics wouldn't have worked against an adversary like the Nazis.

I respectfully disagree.

His tactics basically guaranteed his ultimate martydom/assasination, which alot of people forget happened anyway at the hands of Hindu nationalists.

Though he may have died earlier, most likely his martydom would have had some significant effect regardless.
Crantag wrote:You are also wasting your time.

Quite possibly. But it's a good dream.

One of the things that has to be qualified with respect to Gandhi is that his tactics wouldn't have worked against an adversary like the Nazis.

Maybe not. But Israelis are not Nazis, no matter what skinster has been telling you.

fundamentally about land.

That's an issue, but the fundamental problem is "Human Rights" on both sides.

I can't foretell the future, my hope is based mostly on the fact that - no one has tried it yet. -

Zam 8)
Crantag wrote:You are also wasting your time.

I think if the British power back then were like Nazis (or at least as pro-Empire as Churchill) Gandhi would have done it in another way. Maybe like Mandela? I don't know.

However, geographical distance between India and Europe would have played a big part, such that your assumed condition probably wouldn't have existed no matter what.
Zamuel wrote:I can't foretell the future, my hope is based mostly on the fact that - no one has tried it yet. -

Zam 8)

There is one realistic solution. We need to tell Trump to force Egypt to open the border. The Egyptians refuse to do it despite Gazans being all Egyptians really. Palestinian is fake identity that created briefly during the British mandate. Egypt is afriad they will settle in Egypt and will strengthen the Muslim Brotherhood. Europe is also afraid they will all settle in Europe. EU is paying billions to Turkey to keep the refugees their. If the Gazans will flee, EU will force to accept them because under strange international arrangement, all of them have a refugee status already. An arrangement that created solely for "Palestinians" to keep the conflict alive. They are the only people in the world and in history that can inheret a refugee status for generations to generations.
danholo wrote:But what argument can I make when your only argument is "Israel is evil. Believe me. I know."?

I don't recall saying Israel is evil but do complain about it's viciousness towards the natives in Palestine; it's brutal military occupation that includes daily violence and humiliation, settler-colonialism and it's systematic racism/apartheid.

While it's hilarious to a point, it's a bit sad acually. I'm a little sad about the situation in Palestine/Israel, yeah. Israelis are in a rut, but they're doing fine. Palestinians are in the shit, nobody cares about them and nobody helps them. Most talking heads are just making it worse, and you are just posting that shit here.

Lots of people care about Palestinians. That's why they're always in the news and all over social media. BDS is a gift that keeps on giving. You mad, but you have to be to come to the defence of a racist and violent state, like Israel.

Both are at fault, in their own way. Both maintain a political edge and power, where they can remain in a status quo. Palestinians are feeding off Israelis in the most destructive of ways. While it's damaging to Israel's image, it barely makes a dent in the Israeli economy.

Nope, there is no both are at fault. zionist ethnic cleansing and dispossession of Palestinian homes and land is what caused this so-called conflict, and Israel maintains its incremental genocide of the Palestinian people to this day, along with stealing what was meant to be a Palestinian state.

I'm sad how blind, hateful and one sided people can be. Israelis and Palestinians are increasingly guilty of this and making the problem worse. Following your posts, I can only sense that you completely dehumanize Israelis while claiming they do that to Palestinians. Have you ever even met Israelis aside the ones you deem as good because they follow your hate and dehumanization campaign? :hmm:

The IDF are worthy of dehumanization and as Oxy once said, they are (also) retarded...but I don't hate all Israelis or anything like that, ITT there are posts by me of leftist Israelis protesting the most recent Gaza massacre (the OP). I have Israeli frands in earl too. :D

Your propaganda campaign is like an 80's Hollywood movie:

Israelis are evil characters representing the evil Zionist Empire!

Palestinians are the helpless oppressed victims, the noble resistance while yelling "Khaybar kaybar ya yahood!"

You? You're the hero. I'm also the villain.

Cool fun movie, but not very original.

The simple facts are that Israelis are the occupiers and oppressors in this conflict, controlling and killing regularly an entire people. Yes, Israelis are the bad guys for doing this and being okay with this and Israel is increasingly diving towards pariah state status around the world, and nothing is going to change that, it is only going to increase because Israel continues very casually, its violence and killing of Palestinians and this thread is about Israeli snipers murdering over 100 Palestinians from a distance, maybe you could comment on that instead of living in fantasy land.

I'm actually not struggling with anything right now. My life is stable, thanks for asking. You, however, I don't know. Most of your daily routine is spent on on here? You are very good at posting propaganda, but none of your posts have contained any analysis or logical argumentation. I thought it was against the rules to post and spam news articles on the board without any comment of your own? Posting twitter opinions, news articles and videos are not argument. They are yelling. They are slogans. They are complete vapid nonsense. It's amazing you don't see it: The content of your arguments are merely hate speech and slogans. It's quite silly, and follows the childish show the Palestinians have created for themselves. Nobody buys it anymore. You can't paint yourself as a legitimate target and whine that you were shot at.

Grow up.

zionist tears are so delicious :D and lol also at complaining about my posts after the whinefest you posted. Just so you and others here who try to get me to shut up know, I'm never going to stop posting about Palestine until she is free. Deal with it and grow up yerself. And next time you want to discuss me, maybe try quoting the thing I posted that caused your triggering.

Back on the actual topic because jeez even I get tired of talking about myself :D ....so about that propaganda:

Larry Derfner wrote:Israel’s Propaganda Can’t Hide the Harsh Reality of 123-0 Gaza Killing Count
The Israeli army has declared that Razan al-Najjar, the 21-year-old female medic shot to death June 1 on the Gazan border, “is not the angel of mercy that Hamas propaganda attempts to portray.” Where did the army get this idea? From a Palestinian video clip that shows Najjar tossing a smoke grenade or tear gas canister — no doubt fired at the crowds by the army — about 20 yards into an open Gaza field, with nobody in range. In fact, with nobody in sight. Some violent enemy she was.

Then the army doctored a videotaped statement of Najjar’s so that it appears she’s saying, “I act as a human shield” — the term is commonly understood to mean a human shield for terrorists — when her complete, unedited sentence was, “I’m acting as a human rescue shield to protect the injured inside the armistice line.” Bit of a difference there, between a human shield for terrorists and a human shield for the injured.

First the Israel Defense Forces kills a medic — for the second time during these protests, during which it has shot and wounded many of them — and then it slanders her in death. This is how Israel is fighting the “information war.” This same combination of gross overkill and mendacity has characterized the entirety of Israel’s onslaught at the Gazan border since the “March of Return” protests began March 30.

The hasbara line is that this is purely a Hamas production: Hamas is “pushing” Gazan civilians to the front to risk their lives against IDF sharpshooters, who are only firing in defense of Israel’s borders.

How exactly is Hamas “pushing” these thousands of protesters? By threatening to punish them, to kill them? They’re putting themselves in mortal danger simply by showing up, certainly by surging toward the border fence — what more can Hamas threaten them with if they play it safe?

And do these people look like they’re being pushed? Do they look like they’re shouting, crying, chanting, burning tires, throwing Molotov cocktails, firing slingshots and tearing at the fence against their will? Do they appear to lack enthusiasm for what they’re doing, like they’re only there for lack of choice?

The hasbaratists seem to have gotten confused about their message, because at the same time that the government, army and most of the media are saying Hamas is “pushing” these people to riot, they’re also quick to announce that many if not most of the dead are Hamas members themselves. The point is to show that this isn’t a popular protest that reflects the Gazan people’s rage at Israel — it’s a calculated act by Hamas to try to kill Jews and destroy the Jewish state.

So which is it? Are most of the protesters really Hamasniks, as seen by the numbers of them getting killed? Or are they really civilians whom Hamas is cynically “pushing” into the fray, because it’s impossible that ordinary Gazans might be enraged at Israel, which after all has done them no wrong? There’s a contradiction here, which tends to happen when you’re making up line after line of nonsense. Like the idea that any Gazan who may damage the border fence or, God forbid, break through it into Israeli territory must be shot because if he gets through, he’s liable to kill or kidnap soldiers, or race to the moshavim and towns near the border and slaughter the residents.

In fact, numerous Gazans have gotten through the fence into Israel since the protests began, and they’ve done zero harm to Israeli life or property. They’re either shot at or arrested, or they go back inside the fence on their own. “There have been multiple cases of Palestinians from the Gaza Strip entering Israel with weapons with the goal of being arrested and sent to prison, seeing incarceration in Israel as preferable to life in the coastal enclave. … Such infiltrations are a relative routine occurrence, especially as of late,” wrote Judah Ari Gross in The Times of Israel on April 24.

Beyond Israel’s insistence that any protester making for the fence is fair game for the sharpshooters because he’s liable to get out and kill Israelis, there’s the conjured nightmare of masses of Gazans swarming through a breach in the fence and threatening to overrun the country. After the protests at the border began, The Times of Israel’s David Horovitz asked retired IDF Major General Giora Eiland, a former national security adviser and true blue blood of Israel’s military-intelligence establishment, what the army would do “if, say, 300,000 people … march on the fence?”

Eiland replied: “I don’t have an answer if 300,000 people do try to trample the fence and get into Israel. With small numbers, say a few thousand, you can catch them, hold them, feed them, give them flowers and send them home.”

A few thousand Gazans streaming through the border into Israel is no problem for the Israeli army? Israel is telling the world that even one is a potential mass murderer, which is why he has to be shot.

And what about the Israeli claim that the soldiers are defending their own and their comrades’ lives, that they’re shooting at people armed with lethal weapons like slingshots, Molotov cocktails and sometimes even guns?

In the Wikipedia entry for “2018 Gaza border protests,” Israeli casualties are listed at “1 slightly wounded.” Gazan casualties are listed at “123 dead and 14,000 wounded (as of June 5).”

Last week Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told British Prime Minister Theresa May: “As far as Gaza is concerned, I think the problems are rooted in the fundamental goal of Hamas to destroy Israel. We’re not witnessing peaceful protests. In addition to burning our fields, these people are being paid for and pushed by Hamas to break into Israel’s defenses, kill as many Israelis as they can, right next to our border and kidnap our soldiers.”

The kill ratio: 123 to 0. The injury ratio: 14,000 to 1. There’s Israeli propaganda, and then there’s reality. In the “clashes’ at the Gazan border, the two are 180 degrees apart. All that’s left for us is to choose which one to believe.
Read more: https://forward.com/opinion/402888/isra ... a-killing/

Arab spring in Palestine. Finally the Arabs are protesting against the real address. The blocade on Gaza is the responsibility of the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Egypt. Israel doesn't owe this enemy entity anything. The Israeli occupation of Gaza was ended in 2005.

Nikki Haley scolds UN General Assembly for anti-Israel resolution

Israel withdrew completely from Gaza in 2005. Hamas has been the de facto government in Gaza since 2007. This strip of land along the Mediterranean coast has enormous potential. And yet, after 11 years of Hamas rule, Gaza has electricity for only a few hours a day. It has enormous unemployment and poverty. It is a haven for terrorist activity. At what point will the UN actually hold accountable those who are in charge of Gaza and running it into the ground?

Instead, this resolution holds Hamas completely unaccountable for most of the recent unrest. It blames everything on Israel. But the facts tell a different story. It is Hamas and its allies that have fired over a hundred rockets into Israel in the past month, hoping to cause death to as many civilians and as much destruction as possible. It is Hamas that has used Palestinian civilians as human shields at the boundary fence, seeking to incite violence and overrun the border. It is Hamas that refuses to cooperate with the Palestinian Authority to unite in the pursuit of peace. It is Hamas that calls for the destruction of the state of Israel within any borders. And yet the resolution before us not only fails to blame Hamas for these actions, it fails to even mention Hamas. This is the dangerous, counter-productive decision the General Assembly is about to take.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/is ... lence.html
Arab Spring in Palestine (West Bank)

Journalists Beaten, Cameras Destroyed: Palestinian Police Break Up anti-Abbas Protest in Ramallah
Dozens beaten and arrested, including foreign journalists, in breakup of demonstration against Abbas's economic sanctions on Gaza

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-new ... -1.6175290

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of […]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]