Israeli troops kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – live updat - Page 23 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Ter wrote:That is skinster's answer to every annoying fact about the Arabs.
How convenient.

Imagine if the word "Arabs" was replaced by the word "Jews" in that sentence. Imagine if a British Labour party member made such a comment about the Jews. Jewish supremacist racism has been so absorbed by our culture that its become invisible. Arabs are not all of kind. Some of the greatest freedom fighters of the post war period were Christian Lebanese Arabs.

Note not all Jews are Jewish supremacists and not Jewish supremacists are Jews.
Last edited by Rich on 30 May 2018 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
Rich wrote:Imagine if the word "Arabs" was replaced by the word "Jews" in that sentence. Imagine if a British Labour party member made such a comment about the Jews. Jewish supremacist racism has been so absorbed by our culture that its become invisible. Arabs are not all of kind. Some of the greatest freedom fighters of the post war period were Christian Lebanese Arabs.

Note all jews are Jewish supremacists and not Jewish supremacists are Jews.

zionists can't be faulted for being casually racist as they often show us they are.

And of course they are, since zionism is a racist ideology since it privileges only one group (hint: the one that's always crying victim).

We shouldn't act surprised that zionists are racists.
Rich wrote:Note not all Jews are Jewish supremacists and not Jewish supremacists are Jews.

I accidentally left out the first not in the original version, reversing my intended meaning of the first clause. So just to be clear, I'm saying neither Jews nor Arabs deserve to be judged on their grand parents or on what ever their first language happens to be.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:typical Palestinian logic "we respond because you killed our terrorists that wanted to kill your civilians\soldiers" :lol:

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.....

They probably got that from the Jewish mystics which inspired Mohammed.....

Not really funny when you read history and realise they probably were directly influenced by the Sicarii and Zelotes....

As usual Jews inspired their own enemy.
Rich wrote:I'm saying neither Jews nor Arabs deserve to be judged on their grand parents or on what ever their first language happens to be.

I'm down with that Rich … But that ain't what's happening in Gaza. Maybe we're starting to see multicultural acclimation in the west bank ? I hope so, but I'm skeptical that fanatics won't try and disrupt any progress being made there.

Zam
Israeli jets & helicopters strike 25 ‘Hamas military targets’ in Gaza
The Israeli Air Force has struck at least 25 more targets in Gaza strip in retaliation to the cross-border fire and shelling by Hamas which targeted Israeli border communities throughout the day.

“IDF forces attacked 25 terrorist targets of the Hamas terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip,” Israeli military said in a statement on Tuesday evening. The list of targets included alleged facilities manufacturing rocket launchers, rocket engines and advanced naval weapons, the IDF said. In addition, the Israeli forces targeted military compounds and training camps.

Israeli actions came in response to an increased wave of attacks blamed on Hamas, “which bears responsibility for all events in the Gaza Strip,” the IDF said. The military noted that they will continue to decisively respond with a “wide range of tools” against Hamas actions that threaten Israeli citizens.

“The IDF is prepared for a variety of scenarios and is determined to act against terrorist operatives and will continue to carry out its mission to protect the citizens of Israel,” the statement said.

At least four Israelis, three soldiers and a civilian, were wounded by shrapnel as over 70 mortar shells and rockets were launched at southern Israel on Tuesday, according to the IDF. A large number of projectiles were intercepted by the Iron Dome anti-missile system, while sirens continue to disturb Israeli settlements bordering the Gaza Strip.
Responding to attacks by Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad groups, Israeli forces destroyed an underground attack tunnel and thwarted a naval blockade breach attempt, the army said earlier on Tuesday.
Hamas and other Palestinian militant groups said that “bombings will be met with bombings and blood with blood,” and called the increased wave of attacks a “response to the Zionist aggression and the crimes against our people and the members of the resistance.”

While Islamic Jihad spokesman claimed that a “ceasefire agreement was reached with Israel to return to calm,” with the help of Egypt, Israelis denied that a deal had been reached, and continued to respond with force to the ongoing cross-border fire.

Amid the rise of hostilities, the Palestinian Authority demanded an “urgent international intervention to stop the Israeli aggression in the Gaza Strip.”

Meanwhile the US ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley called an emergency Security Council session, which will likely address tensions on Wednesday afternoon.

“The Security Council should be outraged and respond to this latest bout of violence directed at innocent Israeli civilians, and the Palestinian leadership needs to be held accountable for what they’re allowing to happen in Gaza,” Haley said in a statement.

https://www.rt.com/news/428171-israel-g ... r-strikes/

After they attacked Israel, the Islamic Jihad wanted to get a cease fire.
The hypocrite cowards.
Only the IDF will decide when they retaliated enough to teach them a lesson.
It is almost time to go into Gaza and cut the grass again.
Ter wrote:https://www.rt.com/news/428171-israel-gaza-border-strikes/

After they attacked Israel, the Islamic Jihad wanted to get a cease fire.
The hypocrite cowards.
Only the IDF will decide when they retaliated enough to teach them a lesson.
It is almost time to go into Gaza and cut the grass again.

Remember when the Romans did the same thing to Jerusalem in 70AD? Went in and cut the grass down(also known as the Zealots), and helpfully demolished all the old useless "Temple" buildings so brand new buildings could be built on top?

Good times....

Ter wrote:It is almost time to go into Gaza and cut the grass again.

It's not called cutting the grass, Ter. You are regurgitating Likudnik language wrong, what they said was "mowing the lawn", which for anyone who doesn't know, basically means to commit another massacre in Gaza / continue with the incremental genocide on Palestinians, something Israel began 7 decades ago and continues with today.

skinster wrote:It's not called cutting the grass, Ter. You are regurgitating Likudnik language wrong, what they said was "mowing the lawn", which for anyone who doesn't know, basically means to commit another massacre in Gaza / continue with the incremental genocide on Palestinians, something Israel began 7 decades ago and continues with today.

You are right of course, I am sorry. Maybe this will cost me my monthly stipend from the Hasbara Council.

Yes, if the Arab terrorists keep on shooting rockets and mortars into Israel, the IDF might have to go in to stop them, like in 2014.
For all that talk of genociding, the population of Arabs keeps on growing, fast.
Israelis are seemingly not good at genociding. Maybe they are not genociding at all ? It would be good if you stop regurgitating your hate propaganda.
Ter wrote:You are right of course, I am sorry. Maybe this will cost me my monthly stipend from the Hasbara Council.

Yes, if the Arab terrorists keep on shooting rockets and mortars into Israel, the IDF might have to go in to stop them, like in 2014.

I don't know what kind of hasbara school you attend but surely they must tell you even the basics, right? The pretext for the massacre on Gaza in 2014 was the death of 3 Israeli settlers in....the West Bank. This massacre on Gaza that killed 2000+ Palestinians, including 500+ babies in 2014 wasn't because of rockets, they came after.

For all that talk of genociding, the population of Arabs keeps on growing, fast.
Israelis are seemingly not good at genociding. Maybe they are not genociding at all ? It would be good if you stop regurgitating your hate propaganda.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of genocide. Or perhaps Ben Ehrenreich in this article can explain it to you:

Israel’s efforts to erase Palestinian history reflect ‘incremental genocide,’ Ehrenreich says
Ben Ehrenreich, author of The Way to the Spring, the chronicle of heroic resistance to occupation in a Palestinian village, spoke at Columbia’s Center for Palestine Studies a week ago, and described Israel’s treatment of Palestinians as an “incremental genocide.”

A questioner asked about the Movement for Black Lives statement saying Palestinians are experiencing “genocide,” and asked Ehrenreich, would you agree? The author said he did:

"The question about genocide– yes, it’s an incremental genocide. And I think that’s a word that gives a lot of people pause and it certainly should. We don’t see the absolutely mass slaughters, although in Gaza I think we’ve seen something very much like it that we usually associate with genocide. But– the attempts to erase a people, to just erase them, to erase their history, I think follow a logic that can only be called genocidal. I mean, every time someone says– and people say it all the time, I get it on twitter all the time– “There’s no such thing as a Palestinian,” or “There was nobody there when the Zionists arrived”– these are genocidal statements, these are attempts to erase a culture, erase a history, decimate a people and I think they should be recognized as that."

Moderator Colm Toibin, the Irish novelist, pushed back, saying, that’s a very very loaded thing to say from the Israeli side, and difficult to accept, in the context of the Holocaust and European genocide. “I’m very uneasy about letting this go without questioning you one more time… I wonder if there’s another word you could use. I’m just uneasy about it.”

Ehrenreich elaborated:

"You should be and we all should be. It’s an especially painful thing to talk about, given the history of the Holocaust, and as someone with a Jewish background, it’s extremely painful for me to use that word. It’s more painful to see those realities, and those historical ironies are brutal. I mentioned the Balfour Declaration because I think this always has to be put into a colonialist context. Israel is a settler colonialist society, and the one things that settler colonialist societies have in common is that they follow a genocidal logic. The one we’re living in right now. Every single one of them– South Africa, Canada, the United States, Australia, and Israel: places where settlers came in and declared the land theirs and did everything they could to either remove the people who were already there or so erase their history that they could pretend that they weren’t there."
http://mondoweiss.net/2017/02/palestini ... hrenreich/

Conversation took place here:
Ter wrote:Israelis are seemingly not good at genociding. Maybe they are not genociding at all ? It would be good if you stop regurgitating your hate propaganda.

That would be a good thing, I agree.

I don't agree the Israelis have no capacity for genocide. I suspect they have reached the end of their tether. Another significant attack out of Gaza and Israel may sweep through the territory killing indiscriminately everything they see. And once loosed they may repeat the tactic until Gaza is silent. There are historical and humanitarian considerations that have prevented that thus far. -But- do not overestimate Israel's restraint.

Zam
I don't know what kind of hasbara school you attend but surely they must tell you even the basics, right? The pretext for the massacre on Gaza in 2014 was the death of 3 Israeli settlers in....the West Bank. This massacre on Gaza that killed 2000+ Palestinians, including 500+ babies in 2014 wasn't because of rockets, they came after.

Hamas was responsible for the kidnapping and murder of the 3 teenagers

Israel as a response arrested hundreds of Hamas members in the west bank most of them were released in 2011 in the prisoner exchange deal
as a resul Hamas started to shoot rockets into Israel telling Israel it wont stop the rockets until their terrorists are released

Israel responded to Hamas rockets and things escalated quickly

apparently you always like to tell half of the story the half that suit your propaganda and lunatic views :lol:

Zionist Nationalist wrote:Hamas was responsible for the kidnapping and murder of the 3 teenagers

Yeah, according to Israeli authorities. If you want to trust them, that's your problem.

Even if Hamas were responsible for something in the West Bank, that doesn't justify Israel carpet bombing its prison-camp and killing over 500 babies. Nothing does. Unless you think like a nazi.
Even if Hamas were responsible for something in the West Bank, that doesn't justify Israel carpet bombing its prison-camp and killing over 500 babies. Nothing does. Unless you think like a nazi.

Israel started bombing Gaza only as a response to Hamas rocket fire.

no country in the world would ignore such a thing

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]

Chimps are very strong too Ingliz. In terms of fo[…]

Look at this shit. This is inexcusable! >: htt[…]