Israeli troops kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – live updat - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Hamas confirms 50 of its members among those killed in Monday Gaza protests
https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Rep ... um=twitter

original source (in Arabic)
http://alaqsavoice.ps/news/details/203028
50 members of the Hamas terror organization were among those killed in the protests along the Gaza border on Monday, according to a Hamas spokesperson.

Monday's violence on the border, which took place as the United States opened its new embassy in Jerusalem, was the bloodiest for Palestinians since the 2014 Gaza conflict.
@Zionist Nationalist correct. religion would in those cases influence it indirectly.

However, There is little evidence people breed according to what their religion or religious leaders tell them directly. The obvious example is the pope. South American fertility rates tumbled as those other factors changed, despite catholic teachings remaining constant.

Similarly, Bangladeshi rates have nosedived, despite them being no less religious today than 50 years ago.
Ter wrote:I see you have taken over the jargon of the Israel haters.
The question remains, are you for the Arabs or merely against the Jews ?
I feel something cold and ugly in your tone when you talk about Israel.

Is that so?

You have tried to portray me as "an old German" who you like to place at the time of the holocaust by a weird interpretation of the term "hindsight." Your snide remarks and insinuations reveal a distinct nastiness underneath your polite veneer.

Let me tell you kiddo, you are out of luck. My anti-fascist and anti-racist credentials are impeccable. You won't find a single statement of mine, here or elsewhere, to suggest anything different.

Time is against you. And it's got nothing to do with demographics. The Empire will drop you like hot potato once the fossil fuel age draws to its close. The Empire doesn't pamper you because of your blue eyes. No, the Empire bankrolls you because you sow discord and war. Once the Empire has no more use for you, it'll spit you out like a rotten apple. Better not denigrate others too much since you may need others to give you refuge from the mad Max dystopia your country will turn into once that happens. Nobody wants people who can't live in peace with their neighbors.
Ter, I expect you to answer my former post...

Honestly, knowing Islam's history how the heck could you be surprised that 70 years later they still want to kill Jews and take their land back?

They did this all the time when the Crusaders took it off their hands too.

They are never going to stop wanting the land back and no doubt will fight a full-on war over it one day soon.
Atlantis wrote:Is that so?

Yes.
Atlantis wrote:You have tried to portray me as "an old German" who you like to place at the time of the holocaust by a weird interpretation of the term "hindsight." Your snide remarks and insinuations reveal a distinct nastiness underneath your polite veneer.

Haha you give me too much honour but thank you anyway.
Atlantis wrote:Let me tell you kiddo, you are out of luck. My anti-fascist and anti-racist credentials are impeccable.

So you say, noted. My gut feeling tells me differently.
I can sniff people of your ilk out from far away, very accurately.
Atlantis wrote:Time is against you.

Time is against everybody.
Atlantis wrote: The Empire will drop you like hot potato once the fossil fuel age draws to its close. The Empire doesn't pamper you because of your blue eyes. No, the Empire bankrolls you because you sow discord and war. Once the Empire has no more use for you, it'll spit you out like a rotten apple. Better not denigrate others too much since you may need others to give you refuge from the mad Max dystopia your country will turn into once that happens. Nobody wants people who can't live in peace with their neighbors.

Nice evocative language.
I must ask you though, who do you mean by "you" ?
And let me just remind you of the canned sunlight being stockpiled as we speak.
You can't deny a people their own land, their own country, and I mean the Jews.
The Arabs have many Arab countries, the Jews have only one, and it is small.
And a good day to you too !
colliric wrote:Honestly, knowing Islam's history how the heck could you be surprised that 70 years later they still want to kill Jews and take their land back?

They did this all the time when the Crusaders took it off their hands too.

They are never going to stop wanting the land back and no doubt will fight a full-on war over it one day soon.

Yes I am aware of that but they will lose, now or later.
Whilst Israel is flourishing economically and even politically, the Arabs keep on threading in the mud, hating and shouting slogans, flying kites and digging tunnels. Nothing will work, nothing will allow them to conquer Israel. Israelis find an answer to every threat.
I'm of the same opinion, that Israel strands to win as long as they do not surrender. It is the Afrikaans leadership themselves who gave in and lost their own country. Similar it is the British and the French who caved into pressure and surrendered their own Empires. Israel does not seem to be on track to make the same mistake.
Ter wrote:What would have happened if Israel did not defend its border ?

There is no actual border between Gaza and Israel. Gaza is surrounded by walls and watch-towers and anyone who goes anywhere near the walls is shot to death. The reason why people like David Cameron and others keep calling Gaza an "open air prison" is because it is literally an open air prison, of Palestinian refugees who were ethnically cleansed in Israel's founding. Gaza is a prison of refugees and their descendants.

And none of the Palestinians in this latest massacre in Gaza were anywhere near the prison walls when they were shot to death from a distance, so attempting to blame the victims like you repeatedly, disgustingly do, doesn't change this fact unless you can prove it, which you can't, because it didn't happen and anyway, you don't ever post anything to support your position that's full of lies, hate and propaganda, particularly the genocidal parts of how a people breed. Nazis did that too.

Ter wrote:The longer this lasts, the more surreal it gets.

The longer it has lasted, the more people have become aware that Israel is an apartheid terrorist state. Things will continue in that direction unless Israel decides it is time to act like a normal state, abide by international law and give everyone in the land equality, and pay compensation for its crimes. Or whenever Israel is forced to. So far it seems fine with going full nazi so there doesn't seem to be much hope from within.

colliric wrote:Their hatred of the Jews is in the Koran. You know this Ter, so why would you be shocked in anyway?

That type of hatred comes from Israel's ally, Saudi Arabia, and Islamophobes. The majority of Muslims consider Jews "people of the book(s)"(of monotheism), if they hated Jews so much can you remind me why they saved a lot of Jews while European Christians were genociding them as well as allowed many Jews to move to Palestine before Israel was created, until they found out the zionist plan was to steal the land?

A reminder that Palestinians are Christians too. There are Christian Palestinians in the refugee-prison called Gaza, too.

demima wrote:I was at the demo against the massacre in London, Downing Street yesterday. What was funny was in amongst all the people there, there were 5 pro-Israel Britain Firsters. One had a star of David tattoo on his face and all looked like neo-nazi lowlifes.

I saw videos of that. Are there more planned? There's a large one at Times Square this Friday and scummy zionists are doing a counter-protest, scummy zionists that look as you describe, like JDL thugs.

The difference in numbers of those there for Palestine and those there against it is always a happy reminder that the majority are on the side of justice, for Palestinians, no matter how loud zionists bark.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:Famale education is discouraged in Islam

And they bark. The literacy rate for women in Palestine is 94.8% and over 93% in the refugees-prison called Gaza.

Oxymoron wrote:Perhaps then they should protest HAMAS.

Hamas didn't imprison the people of Gaza, nor did they execute on camera 60+ Palestinians this week. Trying to blame others when you're so clearly responsible is just another boring zionist thing that few buy these days.

A different Jewish perspective:

Jonathan Ofir wrote:DO JEWS SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT?
Can we really? In our name, horrors are committed, supposedly so that we would be able to "sleep well at night". To have a "safe haven", while others are uprooted from their homes, maimed and killed for protesting the injustice.

We constantly downplay this horror, because looking it in the eye means not only scrutinizing Israeli policy, but its very existence as a "Jewish state". It means to scrutinize Zionism, and so few want to do that.

This is really what is looking at us through the fences at the Great March of Return. Sure, many want to frame it as "terrorist", not because of the actions, but because of the NOTION - the notion of "return" is for Zionists synonymous with "destruction" and "denial of our right to exist" - as a "Jewish state", that is...

This is why Zionists (that's really another name for Israeli apologists), fear this notion so much. It's not because they are threatening to "infiltrate the border". We don't have a border to Gaza because we never delineated it, so they can't infiltrate it. What we have is a massive outdoor prison fence perimeter. And we don't want those prisoners to remind us that we threw them there and threw away the key.

And Zionists love to be cynical about Palestinian rights. "Oh, how unrealistic", they go. "Can't they just accept their defeat?".

But this is not really a war as such. It's an ethnic cleansing, it's Apartheid - and you know what it's all part of? Colonialism.

Oh, let's not pretend. Every Zionist knows deep in their hearts, that not only were the Palestinians expelled as an act of ethnic cleansing, but that the denial of their return is a present and active confirmation of that ethnic cleansing, which every Zionist is today and now an ideological active part of. To be a Zionist, is to be an ethnic cleanser. It's a horrible logic, and probably offensive to most 'liberal-Zionists' because of its language, but that's what it is.

Calling the return of Palestinians "unrealistic" is like the Apartheid regime calling appropriation of equal rights "unrealistic". In fact, that's exactly what it is. We are supposed to believe, that maintaining Apartheid is "realistic". To whom, might we ask. And what merit does this "realism" really have?

That's why many Israelis are often amused by cynical "humor" about the horrors they inflict. It reduces them to a level that they don't have to deal with morally. A prime example of it is when Israeli Air Force Chief Dan Halutz was asked about the assassination of Hamas Military Chief Salah Shehadeh in Gaza, 2002. The assassination involved a one-tonne bomb dropped upon a residential building. In addition to Shehadeh and his aide, the "collateral" was 13 civilians, including eight children, and many dozens wounded. In a discussion of the morality of such an act, Halutz was asked what he felt. His answer:

"No. That is not a legitimate question and it is not asked. But if you nevertheless want to know what I feel when I release a bomb, I will tell you: I feel a light bump to the plane as a result of the bomb’s release. A second later it’s gone, and that’s all. That is what I feel."

Halutz later became Chief of Staff, and a much later probe into the event concluded (2011), of course, that the act was "imperative", "justified" and "lawful".

See, that's how we sleep tight at night. It's because we don't feel, and it's not legitimate to do so. Oh, yes, we can feel for "our own", so much feeling. But those "others" are basically just terrorists, in some way and form.

And it's all part of that great big paradigm - "defending ourselves", because of our "right to exist". We are not merely defending ourselves as individual people. The bigger picture is always the Jewish State - always. Israel is thus doing this on behalf of ALL JEWS, by its own proclamation - in order to secure them a "safe haven", an "insurance policy". This is what it's about. This is where it all stems from. The rest is commentary.

And for this colonialist construct to exist - Israel continually ethnically cleanses Palestinians - and this happens in all denominations of the territories under the control of Israel - not only in territories it occupied in 1967. It continually subjugates them, besieges them, and inflicts upon them an incremental genocide in various forms and levels. Any dissent to this is deemed "incitement", any resistance generally seen as "terrorism".

Israel cannot stop doing this, because the human nature is to resist such injustice, and in order to crush that resistance you need to apply violence. Of course, the resistance itself is labelled "violence", in order to justify the violent blow against it.

Many 'liberal Zionists' have believed that this is possible to solve by simply addressing 1967 as the starting point of it all, and provide remedy accordingly - two states. But the nationalist thrust of Zionism would not allow this. It was never in the cards anyway, as the 1967 conquest was not made for the purpose of a "2-state solution", but rather for "finishing the job" of 1948 - the conquest of all of historical Palestine.

The 'liberal Zionists' somehow believed that if 1948 was forgotten and put away, a fictive start with 1967, without an actual return of refugees and with "less than a state" for Palestinians might, somehow, legitimize the original massive ethnic cleansing of 1948. But this was unrealistic - not because Palestinians wouldn't concede to a '2-state solution' (in fact, they did, long before Israel became ostensibly willing to negotiate it) - it was unrealistic because no Israeli leader would give up control over Palestinians, in order to maintain 'options' for the future, under the notion of 'security', of course.

And ironically, the Israeli colonialist dominance has also basically eradicated any remaining pretense and facade, laying on the ground bare a reality of a one state - what Zionists really always wanted and dreamed of. But that state can only be 'Jewish' by Apartheid - as was and is the case also in the 1948 paradigm.

So the people across the fence in the Great March of Return, they are merely a mirror to this. Their presence near the fence is a gigantic mirror, saying not only "we are still here", but " this is who you are". And Israel wants to shatter that mirror, so it sends hundreds of snipers to shatter it. And every attempt to shatter it shatters another life. And the mirror only grows stronger.

Oh, how Israel hates that mirror. Away with it! Who is the most beautiful of them all? And the most moral? Israel! Only Israel!

The 'Jewish State' is only an image. In reality it is the colonialist Apartheid genocidal state. And it proclaims itself as the representative of all Jews all over the world, existing for our behalf, as it were.

All Jews should consider whether they can bear possessing such a mirror for their narcissistic self-image, while it tears apart Palestinian existence and has done for over 70 years.

And the alternative, smart guy, you ask? Justice, freedom, equality. Unrealistic you say? They said the same in South Africa only a few decades ago.
Link
Ter wrote:So you say, noted. My gut feeling tells me differently.
I can sniff people of your ilk out from far away, very accurately.

Accusing others of what you're responsible - racism, source: your posts - is exactly what Israel does to the Palestinians.

What are zionists, are they projecting, completely lacking self-awareness or outright liars?

:?:
Even so, the definition of "literate" is quite vague.
I have been in meetings where they said if someone can write their name, they are literate.

skinster wrote:There is no actual border between Gaza and Israel.

Of course there is. You refuse to acknowledge Israel's right to be a Jewish State so you wish to ignore the border.
skinster wrote:And none of the Palestinians in this latest massacre in Gaza were anywhere near the prison walls when they were shot to death from a distance, so attempting to blame the victims like you repeatedly, disgustingly do, doesn't change this fact unless you can prove it, which you can't, because it didn't happen and anyway, you don't ever post anything to support your position that's full of lies, hate and propaganda

That's thick, with you accusing me of hate and propaganda.
You have been hysterically posting hundreds of tweets and pictures to agitate people (and yourself) for the Arabs. Your incessant spewing of clichés, propaganda and incitement against Israel (open air prison, apartheid, nazis, blah blah and blah). You are preaching to the converted, it is all for nothing.

Hamas official: 50 of the 62 Gazans killed in border violence were our members
Salah Bardawil's confirmation means number of acknowledged members of terror groups who died on Monday and Tuesday is now 53

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-off ... e-members/

Guatemala opens Jerusalem embassy, two days after US

https://www.timesofisrael.com/watch-gua ... -after-us/

Sderot homes hit with heavy machine gun fire from Gaza, army says

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-may-16-2018/
Yes, some more non-violent demonstration, right ?
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Spinster what about the fact that most of the killed are Hamas members?

stop lying and spreading your bullshit

Even if all were members of Hamas, it is was Israeli snipers who shot them dead in their concentration camp, from a distance. Nazis used to do that to people in that concentration camp in Buchenwald that I read about in Eugen Kogon's The Theory and Practice of Hell, this book is very grim, if you are into reading more than one liners, I recommend it. It teaches you much about the nature of dehumanization, something you seem to be into.
skinster wrote:Even if all were members of Hamas, it is was Israeli snipers who shot them dead in their concentration camp, from a distance. Nazis used to do that to people in that concentration camp in Buchenwald that I read about in Eugen Kogon's The Theory and Practice of Hell, this book is very grim, if you are into reading more than one liners, I recommend it. It teaches you much about the nature of dehumanization, something you seem to be into.

They were not innocent people who just got shot randomly

its not a coincidence that most of the killed are Hamas terrorists who tried to use the riots as their cover

you know using civilians as a cover is a war crime right?
Taking your info from the Israeli military is going to make dumb thinking happen, like the above ^

The majority know that Israel is responsible since Israeli snipers shot Palestinians, live, on camera this week, and they admitted to the same. Many even celebrated it.

Ter wrote:Of course there is. You refuse to acknowledge Israel's right to be a Jewish State so you wish to ignore the border.

This doesn't even make sense but anyway, where is the border? Please show me. I don't know if you know that Israel hasn't got any definitive borders yet but it's something zionists are usually honest about. And the reason why it has no borders is because it is an expansionist state.

But, I'd like to see what you believe is the border between Israel and the concentration camp it made.

That's thick, with you accusing me of hate and propaganda.
You have been hysterically posting hundreds of tweets and pictures to agitate people (and yourself) for the Arabs.

That's not propaganda, but the news that (most) of the mainstream won't share. Are you denying 60+ people and 3000+ were injured in Gaza this week?

Your incessant spewing of clichés, propaganda and incitement against Israel (open air prison, apartheid, nazis, blah blah and blah). You are preaching to the converted, it is all for nothing.

Gaza is an open air prison and Israel practices apartheid. Prove neither of these things are true, go on. I'll wait.

Or just keep crying about people reporting the news about a genocidal state. :D

It must be really tiring to be a zionist now that I think of it, to be forced to lie so much...

Here are some videos I just watched , that gives a[…]

Sure. No ethnogenesis in the past doesn't mean no[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]