Israeli troops kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – live updat - Page 17 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

skinster wrote: There is no such place called Judea and Samaria, that is the name fanatical zionists call the West Bank, which is internationally recognized as Palestinian territory, despite Palestinians being forced to live under a brutal military regime, amongst 600,000 violent Israeli settlers.

I used to call it the West Bank, but since the Arabs refused to recognise Israel as a Jewish State and keep on insisting on a 100% right of return, with their millions of offspring, I have adopted the name Judea and Samaria.

skinster wrote:The wall was built to steal more Palestinian land and to imprison people or prevent freedom of movement.

The wall was built to prevent suicide bombers and other terrorists from entering pre-1967 Israel. An it was and is very effective, it broke the back of the second intifada.
I agree that the exact location of the wall in some places does not follow the lines of pre-1967 Israel but the courts should decide that or it could be altered as a result of negotiations.

skinster wrote:I have no idea what world you live in, but it's one that's batshit insane, aka not grounded in any reality.

It is you who are blinded by your fanatiscism. There are plenty of pictures and videos where rioting Arabs can be seen eye to eye with the IDF protectors of the border. If there were a big wall there, it would not be possible. Also, the Israeli snipers were lying behind a earthen wall, they were not operating from watch towers in wall. Nice try though.
skinster wrote:I know where the desperation is, zionists still trying to sell a shit story. You can't sell live genocide as much as you will continue to try.

genocide ? You really should look up the definition of words before you use them erroneously. The Israelis are not desperate, the Arabs are. Israelis lead almost 100% normal lives.

And then there is this :

Israel TV: Confident Hamas planned victory rallies for its leaders inside Israel
Hadashot news claims Gaza protesters given specific instructions by terror group, urged to bring 'knife or handgun' to rallies; IDF commanders recount violence hitherto unseen
Ismail Haniyeh, the Head of Hamas, gestures to demonstrators at a a protest camp during clashes with Israeli forces along the border with the Gaza Strip east of Gaza City on May 18, 2018
Though it has sought to portray weeks of violent demonstrations along the Gaza Strip’s border with Israel as popular protests, Hamas was heavily involved in planning the clashes and provided instructions to participants on desired behavior, Hadashot TV news reported Friday.

The terror group disseminated detailed directives on social media ahead of Monday’s violent clashes at the border, the report said. These directives went so far as to inform protesters in which Israeli community each terrorist leader would be speaking after the protests had achieved their stated goal of breaching the border.

“Ismail Haniyeh will speak in Nahal Oz, Khalil al-Hayya in Kfar Aza and (Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader) Nafed Azzam in Be’eri,” Hadashot quoted the instructions as saying. “After the victory speeches, celebrations will begin throughout Palestine.”

Protesters were told that tractors would seek to bring down the fence, and were urged to arm themselves with “a knife or a handgun” for use after the border was breached, the report said. “Seek to drive (Israeli) snipers from their positions,” the instructions added.

The directives were reportedly accompanied by detailed maps, and included the Israeli communities to which Palestinians were encouraged to rush.

Colonel Kobi Heller, the commander of the IDF’s Southern (Gaza) Brigade, said the report corresponded to the military’s information.

“In the end all the people who come up to the fence definitely do it under Hamas’s direction,” he said. He added that Hamas leadership was absent during Monday’s violence. “They didn’t come to the fence on Monday. They were afraid.”
Heller said “You had thousands of riled up protesters. Someone riled them up. Someone got them to get up as one and charge at the soldiers along the fence.

“By the way,” he said, “if they hadn’t charged like that, our soldiers wouldn’t have done anything.”

Since March 30, tens of thousands of Palestinians have taken part in weekly “March of Return” protests, which Israel says are orchestrated by the Hamas terror group and used as cover for attempted terror attacks and breaches of the border fence.

The violent demonstrations were meant to end on May 15, but Hamas leaders have said they want them to continue.

The deaths of 62 Palestinians during Monday’s violent protests were met with international outrage and calls for an independent investigation of events. Hamas has subsequently admitted that 50 of the dead were members of the terror group. Three others were Islamic Jihad members.

Lt. Cl. Akhsan Daksa, commander of the IDF’s 7th Armored Brigade, told Hadashot snipers were not given carte blanche to fire as they chose. “Not at all,” he said. “There is a very clear method of authorization.”

Daksa called the Palestinian protests on Monday “A violent affair such as I’ve not encountered.”
He added: “I fought in the Second Lebanon War, in Operation Protective Edge (the 2014 war in Gaza). There was violence here like in a battlefield.”

Daksa, who speaks Arabic, said he communicated with some of the protesters over the fence, sometimes “from five meters away.” They told him “We’re on our way to Nahal Oz, to the other communities. Today’s prayers will be held there.”

He said he told demonstrators to head back from the fence. “This won’t help, this isn’t the way,” he recounted telling them.

However, he said, when protesters arrived in droves at the fence and hurled grenades or bombs “there’s no other measure that can work” besides sniper fire. “At that point, there is no other measure.”

Heller added, “If we hadn’t been (guarding) the fence this week, ensuring that Hamas, Islamic Jihad and others met a brick wall of combat soldiers when they came to the fence, this mob would have infiltrated communities.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-tv ... de-israel/
Zionist Nationalist wrote:What do you mean imprisoned?

Israel dont own them anything it pulled out in 2005 and we still give them electricity and water thats enough

if they want to go anywhere they should ask Egypt. Israel wont risk letting them in even if its just temporary passage to go to the west bank

The Egyptian army began to fence the large buffer zone that was once the Egyptian Rafah, within a massive border. Eyewitnesses reported that during the past two weeks, the Egyptian military forces began to erect a massive fence, similar in character to the border fence with Gaza around the buffer zone declared in the war against the organization of the Islamic State in the Sinai.

According to the plan, the fence will impose a large buffer zone at a distance of 5 kilometers from the border with the Gaza Strip and along the 13 kilometers of the Egyptian side to the Palestinian side as shown on the attached map.

In recent months, Egypt has completed the total erasure of Egyptian Rafah by means of extensive destruction of the residential buildings in the area, along with the permanent isolation of the area from electricity and water. Tens of thousands of Egyptian residents of Rafah were evacuated from the area that became a ghost town.

There is a speculation that the Egyptian massive border fence that is currently under construction aim of settling northern Sinai with the residents of Gaza, as part of the deal that Trump is expected to announce soon.
I dont see any proper solution for Gaza other than Egypt annexing it eventually.

Israel and the US will give aid to Egypt in exchange of Gaza being annexed and taken care by Egyptian government.

west bank will form a federation with Jordan.

a Palestinian state wont have a stable economy so I dont see any real possibility of a Palestinian state surviving without completely economically relying on either Israel or Jordan
Zionist Nationalist wrote:I dont see any proper solution for Gaza other than Egypt annexing it eventually.

Israel and the US will give aid to Egypt in exchange of Gaza being annexed and taken care by Egyptian government.

west bank will form a federation with Jordan.

a Palestinian state wont have a stable economy so I dont see any real possibility of a Palestinian state surviving without completely economically relying on either Israel or Jordan

It's up to Trump now to force Egypt to take them back.
I love the total logical disconnect between showing the entire world supporting Palestinians while simultaneously showing them as defenseless victims. Which is it?
Jeremy Scahill wrote:Israel has once again conducted a premeditated, full-scale massacre in broad daylight, in front of the cameras of the world. Once again, it took place in Gaza.
On May 14, Israeli snipers and other forces gunned down more than 60 Palestinians, and wounded thousands of others, including civilians, journalists, and paramedics. “You try nonlethal means and they don’t work,” said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. “So you’re left with bad choices. It’s a bad deal. You know, you try and you go for below the knee, and sometimes it doesn’t work, and unfortunately these things are avoidable.”

It appears that the only way not to be killed, according to Netanyahu, is to meekly accept imprisonment inside the prison of Gaza. Among those killed by Israeli forces was an 8-month-old infant. Her name was Laila al-Ghandour. They also killed at least seven other children and a man in a wheelchair, and that man had lost his legs after they had to be amputated following an earlier Israeli attack.

Israel has made it clear that it believes that it has the right to systematically murder Palestinians for the crime of continuing to exist. There is no defense for what Israel has done. None. On Tuesday, I spoke to Yousef Mema, a young Palestinian nursing student in Gaza. Yousef is not a member of Hamas. He’s a Palestinian civilian studying to become a nurse. I spoke to him soon after he left the Shifa hospital in Gaza. That is where many of the dead and wounded from Monday’s mass killings were brought.

“I’m really shocked by what I saw there. There were tens of ambulances arriving to us at the hospital and transferring injuries. There was a large number of injuries. They were shot directly by Israeli forces,” Mema said. “Most of them were shot in the chest and the back and the neck, and I saw tens of injuries on the ground inside the Al-Shifa Hospital because [there were] not enough beds. All the beds was full of injuries. I see, in my eyes, tens to hundreds of injuries on the ground, waiting the doctor to come and give them medical treatment. The hospital was in a horrible situation. The people here in Gaza Strip, they are living in a very hard situation. They are living in open-air prison. There’s no life in Gaza Strip.”

Mema said that the citizens of Gaza are choosing “peaceful resistance to show the world that the Israeli Army is really [a] war criminal. They [are] killing peaceful protestors at Gaza’s border. Those people who were killed, they have families. Some of them [are] married and have wife and have kids. My dream is to live free from the suffering that we have here in Gaza Strip.”

On Tuesday, U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley brought plenty of blame to pass around at the Security Council for the deaths of unarmed Palestinians. She blamed Iran. She blamed Hamas. She blamed the Palestinians who protested. But Nikki Haley placed no blame on Israel. “This is what is endangering the people of Gaza. Make no mistake — Hamas is pleased with the results,” she said. “No country in this chamber would act with more restraint than Israel has.”

After Nikki Haley blamed the Palestinians for murdering themselves with Israeli snipers, she wouldn’t even listen to the Palestinian delegation at the U.N. She walked out when they began speaking.

It was fitting that this latest Israeli massacre in Gaza took place as the United States celebrated its official opening of the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem. It was fitting that President Donald Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, were celebrating and enjoying fine dining and partying with Israeli war criminals and religious American zealots while Palestinians were being murdered.

While Jared and Ivanka partied, Palestinians were being gunned down for daring to protest for their right to return to lands they were expelled from at the barrel of guns and tanks and under bombardment some 70 years ago. It was fitting that the Barbie and Ken of international diplomacy were there to kick off the carnival in Jerusalem, because that’s what U.S. policy actually boils down to — celebrating Israel no matter how atrocious the crimes, no matter how despicable the justification, while claiming that Palestinian children and disabled people are weapons that need to be neutralized in the name of security. And this is not hyperbole: The IDF’s official Twitter feed put out a graphic titled “Hamas’ Tools for Infiltrating Israel.” It included things like Molotov cocktails, rocks, wire cutters and what they called “arson kites.” The IDF also listed “children,” “disabled civilians” and “rope tied to fence.” They listed those as Hamas weapons, as though Hamas is launching people in wheelchairs at Israel’s nuclear stockpile or slingshotting 8-month-old infants at Israeli drones. “Well, we can’t put all these people in jail,” reasoned Israeli government spokesperson Michal Maayan. “We’re talking about hundreds of people that are attacking the fence, and I can tell you that the IDF, our military, is not aiming to kill.”

Never in modern history has there been such a merciless, sustained campaign of collective punishment like the one that Israel has meted out against the people of Gaza. And that punishment is horrifying enough, just when you consider the humanitarian consequences of the blockade and the poisoning of the environment and the water supply. But then add to that the regular massacres of people literally trapped between the sea and a nuclear-armed nation-state, with the most advanced mass-killing machinery on the planet and you have to ask: What does Israel really want? And the answer, it seems, is submission and acceptance of dehumanization by the Palestinians or they die.
https://theintercept.com/2018/05/20/nor ... m-embassy/
Facts as of today:

Jerusalem has been recognized by the most important world power, and more and more nations are joining. This will be almost impossible to reverse.

Palestinians now see that the barrier to Israel is impregnable and will start loosing even more morale.

Only other losers in the world have shown support to the Animals who use their children as shields.

Great Success!
Lol, barely 20 countries came to the embassy opening, hardly anyone recognizes this illegal move, since it violates international law. It'll be reversed, just as Israel will be.

Palestinians will continue to resist zionist settler-colonialism until the last one dies. Good luck with getting rid of them now, at a time when they have mass support.

There is no evidence Palestinians use each other as human shields, that is hasbara. There is plenty of evidence of Israel using Palestinians as human shields - over 1200 times in 5 years, according to Israeli courts - including in Dan Cohen and Max Blumenthal's excellent film on the aftermath of Israel's savage destruction of Gaza in 2014. Israelis always project their crimes on the people they are occupying and imprisoning, but the truth is out here. :)
skinster wrote:Lol, barely 20 countries came to the embassy opening, hardly anyone recognizes this illegal move, since it violates international law. It'll be reversed, just as Israel will be.

Palestinians will continue to resist zionist settler-colonialism until the last one dies. Good luck with getting rid of them now, at a time when they have mass support.

There is no evidence Palestinians use each other as human shields, that is hasbara. There is plenty of evidence of Israel using Palestinians as human shields - over 1200 times in 5 years, according to Israeli courts - including in Dan Cohen and Max Blumenthal's excellent film on the aftermath of Israel's savage destruction of Gaza in 2014. Israelis always project their crimes on the people they are occupying and imprisoning, but the truth is out here. :)

If the US recognizes Jerusalem it is as good as gold, and this can only be reversed from Washington, which is a very improbable thing to happen.
International law is meaningless, it is a tool of powerful countries to have cover for certain actions... it can never be used by a weak country to gain anything.

Palestinians are welcome to continue their collective suicide mission, it will only end in them either being utterly destroyed or being engulfed by Egypt and losing any identity they have (made-up). In either case good fucking riddance.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]