Israeli troops kill dozens of Palestinians in protests as US embassy opens in Jerusalem – live updat - Page 74 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Hindsite wrote:Attacks by Arabs / Palestinians on Israel should expect to be met with defensive attacks in return. The Lord God owns the land and has the right to give it to whomever He pleases. The Holy Bible informs us of this. The Arabs / Palestinians need to accept this reality.

As far as I remember the Bible also tells us that Lord would sell some races to the hands others if He is angry with the said race (say Judges 10:7), so are you implying that Lord is selling Arabs / Palestinians to the hands of the Isrealites now? If yes, how do you know? Are you implying you are a prophet?
Patrickov wrote:As far as I remember the Bible also tells us that Lord would sell some races to the hands others if He is angry with the said race (say Judges 10:7), so are you implying that Lord is selling Arabs / Palestinians to the hands of the Isrealites now? If yes, how do you know? Are you implying you are a prophet?

I am not a prophet, but that may happen if the people do evil in the sight of the Lord, according to the Holy Bible.
Hindsite wrote:I am not a prophet, but that may happen if the people do evil in the sight of the Lord, according to the Holy Bible.

Problem: This divine punishment doesn't happen to certain evil-doing people in my city, some of whom are even so-called Christians.

Therefore I am still not pursuaded that the Isrealites are entitled for their current behaviour, and I need to be sure that you are not speaking evil and trying to get away with it by saying "Praise the Lord" at the end of most of your posts...
Hindsite wrote:The Lord decides on the time for divine punishment ant reward.

Or maybe you can just get it straight and declare that my fellow citizens are actually sinners too (who isn't?) and are also getting our just desserts by defying our Government (even though this Government is seen by most as bigger evil-doer)
Hindsite wrote:Attacks by Arabs / Palestinians on Israel should expect to be met with defensive attacks in return. The Lord God owns the land and has the right to give it to whomever He pleases. The Holy Bible informs us of this. The Arabs / Palestinians need to accept this reality.

Presumably you are aware that the reality of the Palestinians is that their god can give the land to whom ever he pleases and he has given it too them. The actual corporeal reality is that god has nothing to do with and international law sees Israel settling in occupied territory in contravention of that law. Maybe it would be better if the gods sorted it out amongst themselves and men did not kill each other because of their gods quarrels.
Baloo wrote:Presumably you are aware that the reality of the Palestinians is that their god can give the land to whom ever he pleases and he has given it too them. The actual corporeal reality is that god has nothing to do with and international law sees Israel settling in occupied territory in contravention of that law. Maybe it would be better if the gods sorted it out amongst themselves and men did not kill each other because of their gods quarrels.

There is only one true God. The god of the so-called Palestinian Muslim Arabs is Satan the devil.
You will have to get that sorted out between your respective gods mate, I do not get involved with gods squabbles and happily they do not interfere with me. Have you got anything to say about the corporeal world, it is a political forum after all and this is not in the religious section so I really do not understand why you are talking about your gods here.
Hindsite wrote:There is only one true God. The god of the so-called Palestinian Muslim Arabs is Satan the devil.

They worship the same God. Their "problem" is, at worst, heresy to you. Worshipping Satan is a totally different thing.
Patrickov wrote:They worship the same God. Their "problem" is, at worst, heresy to you. Worshipping Satan is a totally different thing.

The Muslims certainly do not worship the same God as the Christians. They often act like they are possessed by demons. Why else would so many of them blow-up their own body to also destroy Jews and Christians that they hate? The Muslim god could only be Satan, since Satan the devil promotes lying and murder.
Hindsite wrote:The Muslims certainly do not worship the same God as the Christians. They often act like they are possessed by demons. Why else would so many of them blow-up their own body to also destroy Jews and Christians that they hate? The Muslim god could only be Satan, since Satan the devil promotes lying and murder.

As if some of the churches didn't promote lying and the Crusade didn't promote murder.

Having a closed mind is the biggest Devil, although I am definitely not immune.
Hindsite wrote:The Muslims certainly do not worship the same God as the Christians. They often act like they are possessed by demons. Why else would so many of them blow-up their own body to also destroy Jews and Christians that they hate? The Muslim god could only be Satan, since Satan the devil promotes lying and murder.

All those gods fighting it out you would think there would be some evidence of these gods having a rumble but amazingly all through the history of the world all we see are dead people and the gods never appear. Strange that!

Allahu Akbar
Patrickov wrote:As if some of the churches didn't promote lying and the Crusade didn't promote murder.

Having a closed mind is the biggest Devil, although I am definitely not immune.

You have a misunderstanding of history, probably due to Islamic propaganda. Here is the historical truth from the Encyclopedia Britannica:

The Crusades were organized by western European Christians after centuries of Muslim wars of expansion. Their primary objectives were to stop the expansion of Muslim states, to reclaim for Christianity the Holy Land in the Middle East, and to recapture territories that had formerly been Christian.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Crusades
Hindsite wrote:You have a misunderstanding of history, probably due to Islamic propaganda. Here is the historical truth from the Encyclopedia Britannica:

The Crusades were organized by western European Christians after centuries of Muslim wars of expansion. Their primary objectives were to stop the expansion of Muslim states, to reclaim for Christianity the Holy Land in the Middle East, and to recapture territories that had formerly been Christian.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Crusades

You also have a misunderstanding of history, due to Latin Papist propaganda carried over into Protestantism, strangely enough. Your text should read then;

The Crusades were organized by the (Roman Papacy) after centuries of Muslim wars of expansion (happening at the same time the Papacy was expanding it's power also). Their primary objectives were to stop the expansion of Muslim states (so the Papist church could expand), to (claim) for (the Papacy) the Holy Land in the Middle East, and to (capture) territories that had formerly been (Orthodox Christian.)

So there, there is the truth of the matter.
annatar1914 wrote:You also have a misunderstanding of history, due to Latin Papist propaganda carried over into Protestantism, strangely enough. Your text should read then;

The Crusades were organized by the (Roman Papacy) after centuries of Muslim wars of expansion (happening at the same time the Papacy was expanding it's power also). Their primary objectives were to stop the expansion of Muslim states (so the Papist church could expand), to (claim) for (the Papacy) the Holy Land in the Middle East, and to (capture) territories that had formerly been (Orthodox Christian.)

So there, there is the truth of the matter.

You fail to provide any historical authority for your change to the quoted material from the Encyclopedia Britannica. So, I suspect your changes are based on more false propaganda.
Hindsite wrote:You fail to provide any historical authority for your change to the quoted material from the Encyclopedia Britannica. So, I suspect your changes are based on more false propaganda.

I assumed that you knew some history, but I was mistaken in that. Fact is, the First Crusade was the brainchild of Pope Urban II;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Urban_II
annatar1914 wrote:I assumed that you knew some history, but I was mistaken in that. Fact is, the First Crusade was the brainchild of Pope Urban II;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Urban_II

Pope Urban II was the head of the western European Christians at that time. The Protestant Reformation or the European Reformation didn't occur until the 16th century.

The Reformation (more fully the Protestant Reformation or the European Reformation) was a movement within Western Christianity in 16th-century Europe that posed a religious and political challenge to the Roman Catholic Church – and papal authority in particular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformation
Hindsite wrote:Pope Urban II was the head of the western European Christians at that time. The Protestant Reformation or the European Reformation didn't occur until the 16th century.

The Reformation (more fully the Protestant Reformation or the European Reformation) was a movement within Western Christianity in 16th-century Europe that posed a religious and political challenge to the Roman Catholic Church – and papal authority in particular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformation

What kind of irrelevant bullshit is that? :lol: :eh:

All ''Western Christians'' at the time of the Crusades were Papists, followers of the Pope, Roman Catholics. The Crusades were a Roman Catholic thing, and there were zero Protestants in existence at the time. And, you're admitting Protestantism's a-historicity while you're at it too.

Trust me, there are some Roman Catholics out there who defend the Crusades as a Roman Catholic series of events they're really proud of, even the Fourth Crusade which sacked Constantinople and established the ''Latin Empire''* in the Balkans for about 60+ years, they don't need or want your ''help'' defending it because they don't think they did anything wrong.

*By the way, the ''Latin Empire'', the ''Frankocratia'' as the Orthodox Christians call it, was yet another example of a Colonial venture of conquest and exploitation which was thought to probably last forever but wound up failing miserably in the end... Not with a ''bang'' but a whimper;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Empire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankokratia
annatar1914 wrote:What kind of irrelevant bullshit is that? :lol: :eh:

All ''Western Christians'' at the time of the Crusades were Papists, followers of the Pope, Roman Catholics. The Crusades were a Roman Catholic thing, and there were zero Protestants in existence at the time. And, you're admitting Protestantism's a-historicity while you're at it too.

You are the one that first brought up Protestantism, not me. I was just replying to your false accusation.

annatar1914 wrote:Trust me, there are some Roman Catholics out there who defend the Crusades as a Roman Catholic series of events they're really proud of, even the Fourth Crusade which sacked Constantinople and established the ''Latin Empire''* in the Balkans for about 60+ years, they don't need or want your ''help'' defending it because they don't think they did anything wrong.

No I don't trust you, because you have proven untrustworthy.

annatar1914 wrote:*By the way, the ''Latin Empire'', the ''Frankocratia'' as the Orthodox Christians call it, was yet another example of a Colonial venture of conquest and exploitation which was thought to probably last forever but wound up failing miserably in the end... Not with a ''bang'' but a whimper;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Empire

I am not interested in the history of the Latin Empire.
@Hindsite

You are the one that first brought up Protestantism, not me. I was just replying to your false accusation.

You brought up an article that defends the Roman Catholic Crusades, something which is strange for a protestant to do but which I've seen regularly many times before.

No I don't trust you, because you have proven untrustworthy.

You're being spiteful, like you usually are when you're proven mistaken. You don't learn when you already think you know it all.

I am not interested in the history of the Latin Empire.

It's a direct result of the Crusades, a regime of conquest and exploitation aimed at the destruction of Orthodoxy and the triumph of the Papacy, having nothing to do with the alleged aims of the Crusades in defending the Holy Land from Islam.

It directly contradicts what you think the Crusades were, just like the Northern Crusades for example;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Crusades

Which were entirely about the conquest and enslavement of Northern and East European peoples by Roman Catholic Germanic peoples, and nothing to do with the Holy Land. An entire Crusading Order, the Teutonic Knights, switched from the Holy Land crusades to the far more profitable wars against Slavs and Baltic farmers;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_Order

They conquered lands which later became the Prussian core of today's Germany.

So of course you're not interested in knowing, which is contemptible and stupid.

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]