Many shot dead at Texas school. Another school shooting. Why? - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

When the Parkland shooting happened, anti-2nd amendment extremists blamed the NRA.

Now, Michael Bloomberg's anti-2nd amendment extremist group is blaming Texas Gov. Abbot, because he is a staunch 2nd amendment advocate and he maintains close ties to the NRA.

I was listening to local liberal talk radio today and one of the guests said that the gun control wouldn't have stopped this shooting because the shooter took his father's firearms.

Bloomberg's group took out a full page ad in the Houston Chronicle, but nowhere did they ask why a father did not secure his guns properly in order to keep his deranged son from going on a shooting rampage.

Letter to Gov. Abbott: 'Why is our safety less important than the check you get from the NRA?'

A gun violence advocacy group asked Gov. Greg Abbott what he was going to do to stop mass shootings in Texas in a full-page advertisement that ran in Tuesday's Houston Chronicle.

"Our job is to be good students. Your job is too keep us safe. You have failed at your job," Everytown for Gun Safety wrote to Abbott.

The letter in the ad accuses Abbott of being "cozy with the NRA" and claims Texas gun laws have created an environment where mass shootings are on the rise.

Why is our safety less important than the check you get from the NRA? We know that common sense gun laws make us safer," the letter reads. "Since January 2009, Texas has experienced at least 20 mass shootings - more than any other state in the country. Do you think that a culture of guns everywhere and our lax gun laws might have something to do with it?"

The letter comes after 10 students and teachers were gunned down by accused shooter Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, at Santa Fe High School.

Everytown for Gun Safety is an advocacy group aimed at ending gun violence and building safer communities.

the wake of the shooting, Abbott and other government officials have met with law enforcement leaders and superintendents on how Texas can avoid future mass shootings.

The meeting occurred in Austin on Tuesday, largely in private.

"Every single time there's a shooting, everyone wants to talk about what the problem is," Abbott said before the meeting. "By now we know what the problem is. The problem is that innocent people are being shot and that must be stopped."
Forced to confront his faulty logic, Victoribus Spolia wrote down what he had actually created when he wrote:Strawman.

Exactly. Blaming the marginalized and repressed black population for middle-class white kids shooting each other in their pristine suburban prisons... demonstrates a strong case of denial.

Kids shooting each other is a symptom of a ruined society. The internal racism of this same society may be one of the causes of the ruination.

And since USA citizens aren't going to do anything useful to stop gun violence (or climate change, or species loss, or racism-based wars in the MENA, or...) than all the young people of Western countries can do is get depressed at how little hope they are offered by their future-devouring parents.

Atlantis wrote:A people that sacrifices its young on the altar of its gods ... I thought that practice had gone out off fashion with the Aztecs. Just goes to show that old habits die hard.

That's what happens when you let a gang of brigands run a country. We really ought to conquer the Americas a second time to put an end to these barbarians.

Virtually every civilization practices human sacrifice in order to give 'its gods' the power of life itself. In the USA, the 'gods' are multinational corporations, and their products might lead to global extinction. That would be the ultimate sacrifice.

So far, these gods only kill 3,000 USA kids every year with car collisions, another 100,000 USA citizens with pollution, god-knows how many are killed by the corporate sedentary lifestyle, and millions of foreigners are killed in wars for fuel for SUVs.

The Abrahamic texts seem to suggest that human sacrifice is divine. So extinction will be extremely divine for these cult-brainwashed drones.
Suntzu wrote:Since the turn of the century the U.S. is averaging about 16 students kill/year in school shooting compared with around 2,000 year who commit suicide. The sky is falling!

Go read the local papers of Houston or Dallas. Between the two cities, they probably get at least 16 shootings PER WEEK.

https://www.txgunsense.org/gun-violence-facts

I will admit that the US does indeed have a gun violence problem, its just that these anti-gun groups seem to specifically be ignoring the real problems in favor of something that happens far less often.
Saeko wrote:School shootings are just a normal part of living in a big country. /sarcasm

Well , to quote from this song
" In a big country, dreams stay with you
Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside
Stay alive . "
But Australia is also a big country , yet it has been able to successfully implement gun control measures . http://www.businessinsider.com/australia-gun-control-shootings-2015-10 . So I would say that there are other reasons why the U.S.A. has failed to prevent gun violence https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/21/gun-control-debate-mass-shootings-gun-violence , https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/08/gun-control-why-us-is-different-from-uk-and-australia.html . But lastly , as this song
, written in the aftermath of the school shooting carried out by Brenda Spencer , points out , They can see no reasons , because there are no reasons . What reasons do you need to be shown for people to die ?
The right to "revolt" is obsolete, and insignificant, in a country that's been in existence for 240+ years and has the ability to put down any revolt in mere seconds. The power to revolt comes from the people, not the weapons(of which the ones any citizens carry pale in comparison to the ones the military would carry to put down such a revolt). Sorry, but even an AR-15 won't protect you from a drone strike.
Godstud wrote:The right to "revolt" is obsolete, and insignificant, in a country that's been in existence for 240+ years and has the ability to put down any revolt in mere seconds. The power to revolt comes from the people, not the weapons(of which the ones any citizens carry pale in comparison to the ones the military would carry to put down such a revolt). Sorry, but even an AR-15 won't protect you from a drone strike.

No government on earth is all powerful. But you're right; to have a legit revolution, you have to have a mass consciousness aware of the necessity for a revolution, to either take part and pick a side or step out of the way.
Arab Spring in Egypt happened without firing a shot, because the people ALL took to the streets and the military refused to engage them. That is all that would be necessary in the USA, and you wouldn't need a single gun, to do it.

The 2nd Amendment is obsolete in a modern world.
Suntzu wrote:Since the turn of the century the U.S. is averaging about 16 students kill/year in school shooting !

If you go back a million years, America is averaging less than one shot-to-death child every thousand years!

compared with around 2,000 year who commit suicide.

These people would obviously have preferred to have been shot to death in school in order to avoid hell.

The sky is falling

Since the turn of the century, the sky hasn't fallen once, and humans haven't gone extinct. So I'm just gonna go back to watching Colbert and finish off this box of Turtles. (yawns at school shootings)
I think I want to keep my gun for when extremist liberals try to stop me from speaking. I am a little concerned about them wanting to do both.
Their destruction of our community is probably a bigger cause for school shootings than the availability of guns. Guns were always available so the argument is nonsense. The obvious difference is the weakening of schools, churches, the family, and communities. Their ‘experiment’ in placing the individual above the community has been a failure, but they are not about to blame themselves. Blame guns that it is illogical to blame since they have always been present.
One Degree wrote:I think I want to keep my gun for when extremist liberals try to stop me from speaking.

Surely an extremist liberal would be extraordinarily anti gun control not for it? :?: I can't wait until the US becomes a Spanish speaking nation and you can ruin their language instead of mine.
Decky wrote:Surely an extremist liberal would be extraordinarily anti gun control not for it? :?: I can't wait until the US becomes a Spanish speaking nation and you can ruin their language instead of mine.

I have been making an attempt to not paint all liberals with the same brush. What label would you suggest I use? What do I call those who accept the DNC narrative without thinking it through?
If you have an undesirable result, you don’t look at the factors that have remained the same to find the cause.
Godstud wrote:Arab Spring in Egypt happened without firing a shot, because the people ALL took to the streets and the military refused to engage them.

Egypt is still a military dictatorship, there was no substantive change. And it was more than just popular pressure that forced Mubarak out, US power played a major role.

That is all that would be necessary in the USA, and you wouldn't need a single gun, to do it.

It could theoretically work, but it's not very likely and it takes decades of oppression to galvanize that kind of resistance. A well armed population also serves as a deterrent to tyranny, it prevents state power from growing out of control so armed insurrection isn't necessary.

The 2nd Amendment is obsolete in a modern world.

Liberals really don't have any idea what plant they're living on.

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]