World Trade War - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Beren
One Degree wrote:What does China intend to do with that military power?

They intend to defend their developing and expanding empire, I guess. I just wanted to debunk the myth, by the way, that the USA outspends its rivals by a large margin. It's only true in nominal figures, according to my own calculations (because I couldn't find such figures on the internet) there's rather an equilibrium actually.

By One Degree
Beren wrote:They intend to defend their developing and expanding empire, I guess. I just wanted to debunk the myth, by the way, that the USA outspends its rivals by a large margin. It's only true in nominal figures, according to my own calculations (because I couldn't find such figures on the internet) there's rather an equilibrium actually.

Most figures will say the US outspends the next 10 combined. I have always found these figures misleading because it depends what you are spending on. The US spends huge amounts on foreign bases while China spends zero. So yes I agree the figures are misleading.

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]