Upskirting law blocked by Knighted Tory MP - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@B0ycey

I was joking. Although, it is polycentric. The point of polycentric law is that people can follow whatever legal system they want. The thing that prevents polycentric law to basically being literal anarchy is a mediator with the capability to resolve conflicts between the various legal systems that exist. This mediator can be the state or a series of organizations capable of autonomously resolving legal conflicts.
Upskirting – the taking of surreptitious, sexually intrusive photographs – is to become a specific criminal offence punishable by up to two years in prison.

The justice minister Lucy Frazer confirmed on Friday that the government would back a private member’s bill introduced by the Liberal Democrat MP Wera Hobhouse outlawing the practice.

In the most serious cases, those convicted of secretly photographing underneath someone’s clothing without their consent in England and Wales will be placed on the sex offender register.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/ju ... rs-in-jail

It doesn't have to be an independent sexual offense and upskirting should be included in general sexual molestation in public such as voyeurism. In the United Kingdom, non-consensual voyeurism has been a crime since 2004. Criminal voyeurism statutes are specific to unlawful surreptitious surveillance without consent and unlawful recordings including the broadcast, dissemination, publication, or selling of recordings.
B0ycey wrote:For sure. Now he sounds like a far-right activist who votes down rational laws and protections. Is he so posh he can't research the bill beforehand and needs people to tell him what to believe with a discussion? :lol:

I think that you are being obtuse about this.

The guy wants all things to be discussed and talked through that may result in people going to prison.

Do keep in mind that while this discussion is happening there is an intensive debate raging in the United States over policies that separate parents from child while illegal immigrants face prosecution. Imagine if this had been discussed more thoroughly months & months (or years & years ago) when all of the factors behind this were being put into place. We would be having a very different discussion now and a greater sort of consensus...

I do not see how it is 'far right' to desire to be slow & prudent on these issues.

Moreove,r you've moved the goalposts on this poor guy...

He's a "chaurivnist" and, then, when it comes out that this has nothing to do with the real principles he has, he is suddenly too principled.

You have been throwing out a lot of short, spicy retorts in this thread without much thought.
I agree with @ThirdTerm on this. There doesn't need to be a new law, as existing laws can cover this.

That said, I don't think "upskirting" incidents should be dismissed as guys just having some fun.

I wish this would stop, because it's nice seeing women in nice skirts in the summer, instead of sweat pants.
Why should this be a crime? Somebody takes a picture of your body part in public, they go to jail for 2 years? lol? LOL? Wear pants/jeans if your pussy/dick feels insecure woman/Scottish man. Ditch the skirt/kilt.

At worst the french/japanese/arab/pakistani (that covers all possibilities) voyeur should, if caught in public, receive a light beating. Healthy dose of mob justice. Fuck this nanny government, Britain is a running joke.

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]