US quits UN human rights council for Israel - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

AFAIK wrote:I love the timing on this. The UN calls out the US for splitting up families at the border and the US shrieks, "What about Venezuela?!? What about Iran?!? This is so unfair!!!"

Nikki Haley is truly a skilled diplomat.

Let's not engage in Moral Equivalency. When people are fleeing en masse FROM the USA then we can begin
condemning that country. The timing has utterly nothing to do with it.
noemon wrote:The only thing you said is that the UNHCR singles out Israel.

Is that the only thing I said?

Have you considered the possibility that Israel deserves the treatment it is getting?

Of course. Have you considered the possibility that it doesn't deserve this treatment?

It is the only country that is occupying another on a permanent decade old basis. That is quite a unique achievement that warrants unique treatment.

I disagree (Turkey: Cyprus. China: Tibet + many other suppressed and oppressed minorities around the globe (Rohingya and Uighur)...) And if it were, so what? Is the human rights council a human rights council or an arbitrator of military occupation? If so, it could be more focused on the two dozen other conflicts that are raging in the world.

Speaking up against injustice in the world and pushing for world leaders to do something about it is a worthy cause.

I agree.

If you were on the receiving end of that injustice your opinion would be different. The irony here would be funny if it were not so macabre.

How would it be different, exactly, and what is it now? It's fun to play the "Who is Daniel? Guessing Game". I'm honored.

The UN would have done something a long time ago if the US did not veto all the resolutions against Israel in the General Assembly and Security Council.

Like what? As far as I know there are no veto rights in the GA.

The only reason you want to dissolve the UNHCR is to prevent it from putting pressure on the UNGA and UNSC, keeping the pressure up means that one day the US might act different than it has been.

Oh I didn't know that but thanks for telling me.

Do you know what I want for dinner too? I mean I don't and you already seem to know me better than myself.

colliric wrote:No, I've said before my position is that both sides are to blame for this conflict. Ive already verbalisad my distain for the UNHRC. I think they are just plain useless. No one listens to them.

Yup. Both are to blame... In different ways and capacities, but actually both act from the same source of fear, I think.

Weiss has taught you well. Anyway, Judaism is quite vast. Listening to a dead rabbi from third hand sources and only one from this time is not very wise, if Torah is what you're trying to learn. Did Weiss talk about pikuach nefesh?
danholo wrote:Is that the only thing I said?

Yes it is, if you have a point to make you should make it.

Of course. Have you considered the possibility that it doesn't deserve this treatment?

The UN sent international military in Yugoslavia inside her internationally recognised borders. Israel is getting the most privileged treatment in the world, it is occupying a foreign country for over 50 years and no-one is doing anything about it.

I disagree (Turkey: Cyprus. China: Tibet + many other suppressed and oppressed minorities around the globe (Rohingya and Uighur)...)

The UN and the UNHCR(as long as its existence has made it possible) have spoken up for all these issues. In Cyprus and Tibet the situation is not anywhere near as similar or as bad as it is for Palestinians. In neither of these 2 places are the oppressed judged by military tribunals, policed by tanks and manhandled by a foreign occupation army.

If so, it could be more focused on the two dozen other conflicts that are raging in the world.

It is but none of these conflicts are going on for 5 decades on a permanent basis. Permanent agenda item 7 for a permanent occupation.

How would it be different, exactly, and what is it now? It's fun to play the "Who is Daniel? Guessing Game". I'm honored.

If you were being treated like a Palestinian is, you would be asking the international community to speak up against the crimes committed upon you.

Like what?

Like authorising a Green line as it has done several times in the past.

Oh I didn't know that but thanks for telling me.

Thanks for saying nothing. :roll:
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/West- ... ate-561397

Wow, an even lower turnout than I personally expected today. Only 1/5th stood up to speak. What an increasingly irrelevant UN body.

The UN sent international military in Yugoslavia inside her internationally recognised borders. Israel is getting the most privileged treatment in the world, it is occupying a foreign country for over 50 years and no-one is doing anything about it.

The UNHRC is a toothless tiger, they can do nothing but put on a talk fest that no one wants to participate in nor listen to. The situation is practically hopeless.

If you were being treated like a Palestinian is, you would be asking the international community to speak up against the crimes committed upon you

Yes but how is the UNHRC going to help? This needs the Security Council. But I don't think they'll ever lift a finger.
noemon
If you were being treated like a Palestinian is, you would be asking the international community to speak up against the crimes committed upon you.

The most pampered and elevated people the world has ever seen. The disadvantages they suffer is due of their own genociadal actions against the Jews. The sufferings of those who worked for its destruction has nothing to do with their "human rights". If anything they are abusing the Israeli human rights.

Ps. Israel ended its "occupation" over Gaza in 2005.
Last edited by noir on 03 Jul 2018 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
Just walking out and ignoring the UNHC is a disgrace.

No the UNHCR representatives should be hunted down and put on trial themselves for their criminal behaviour over the years.
Yet neither the EU nor the UN, never once since 1988, denounced the genocidal Charter of Hamas that is in breach of human rights, nor the crimes against humanity carried out with impunity for eight years with the non-stop rocketing of Israeli villages and towns by Gazans who had freely elected Hamas since they agree with its Charter and policies. Contrary to their claims to victimology, Palestinians, supported by fifty-six Muslim countries, the whole OIC policy and the EU, are responsible for their own choices and not victims. Eurabia
noir wrote:Yet neither the EU nor the UN, never once since 1988, denounced the genocidal Charter of Hamas that is in breach of human rights, nor the crimes against humanity carried out with impunity for eight years with the non-stop rocketing of Israeli villages and towns by Gazans who had freely elected Hamas since they agree with its Charter and policies. Contrary to their claims to victimology, Palestinians, supported by fifty-six Muslim countries, the whole OIC policy and the EU, are responsible for their own choices and not victims. Eurabia

The moment Hamas starts treating Jews in Israel the same way the IDF is treating Palestinians in the Occupied Territories you can be rest assured that both the EU and the UN will be condemning it.
Tens of thousands of Palestiniand are treating in Israeli hospitals. Tens of thousands are studing in Israeli universities. The IDF needs to contain and fight a jihadi people who are commited to Israel destruction long before the occupation, they regard Israel proper as occupation too, how they can do it? Your Greek or Turkish army have better tactics or the fantasy army is kept only to Israel situation?

Saying that, I agree that they do it wrongly, they should fight like the Russians in Syria. This is the only way. Even Spinster is cheering them. Right now the Russians are bombing hospitals and the war is getting to close. Israel knows that Hamas command tunnel is below the Shifa hospital in Gaza City and the IDF doesn't do anything, they are too "human". Hamas is putting its rockets launch next to hospitals but when IDF strikes back they are celebrating the human rights violations. Israel half way and humanitarian methods ate prolonging the conflict to no end. Ironically, no one appriciate Israel any way.

Noemon Edit: Rule 3

Last edited by noir on 04 Jul 2018 04:54, edited 2 times in total.
noir wrote:And the same UN is keeping quiet when it comes to Pakistan over Balochistan.

The irony here is that Baloch people have Pakistani citizenship which means that they have the same rights before the law as all other Pakistanis which would mean that you support occupied Palestinians getting Israeli citizenship and rights? No? Yes? Not sure? :lol:

Also here let me Google that for you.
noemon wrote:The irony here is that Baloch people have Pakistani citizenship which means that they have the same rights before the law as all other Pakistanis which would mean that you support occupied Palestinians getting Israeli citizenship and rights? No? Yes? Not sure? :lol:

Also here let me Google that for you.

You mean the Balochistanis are not commited to Pakistan destruction and annihilation, they don't have a genocidal charter and not using aids and imports to arm themselves and bombard the villages over the border, surely the Palestinians are saint people who deserve the whole world to go around them.
noemon wrote:Yes it is, if you have a point to make you should make it.

I did. You're reading too much into it.

Of course there isn't because there isn't nothing to do or anything that needs to be done. People accept that Jews have a right to settle in their homeland and that they have legitimate security concerns but all the other stuff is useless. Pathetic. They make themselves look important without doing anything important.

The UN and the UNHCR(as long as its existence has made it possible) have spoken up for all these issues. In Cyprus and Tibet the situation is not anywhere near as similar or as bad as it is for Palestinians. In neither of these 2 places are the oppressed judged by military tribunals, policed by tanks and manhandled by a foreign occupation army.

I know, because they're all oppressed and have no rights. Or, you do, in Tibet, as long as you are in the party. I was just talking to a Tibetan yesterday (completely coincidental, I left the gym and there was a MOMO food truck, maintained by a Tibetan guy) and he told me how they're not allowing his wife to leave the country and the difficulties they faced. He had it OK, though, but as long as he's not "Tibetan". It's easy to say there are no problems, when you wipe them out.

Yeah, they have it great. Nobody recognizes that they even should be independent or have any rights at all. :excited:

Maybe Israel indeed should follow the rest of the world. Suppress Palestine, make them study Hebrew, outlaw Arabic. Yeah, sure, that is a way to end the conflict. Worked for the rest, for why not for others? :)

It is but none of these conflicts are going on for 5 decades on a permanent basis. Permanent agenda item 7 for a permanent occupation.

Of course, because the opposing force was destroyed completely or had no power to resist. The Tibetans got it good.

Conjecture. The Palestinian issue is on the table ALL THE TIME, sure, but people stop listening to you when you keep on yelling: "Wolf!", and that's the issue here.

Thanks for saying nothing. :roll:

Yes, this is the general attitude of people here: disrespect, dismissing people's arguments, ad hominems.

Thanks guys. This is like the UNHRC embodied.
Last edited by danholo on 05 Jul 2018 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
colliric wrote:Can someone explain this situation to me:
http://www.jordantimes.com/opinion/mich ... developing

It's a horrible situation because while Gaza needs to develop, Israel can't afford giving any freedoms to Hamas, as it uses most of the aid received for military purposes. Gaza is heavily controlled by Hamas so even those who would be people to improve the situation there, they have no room.

Israel 'freeing' Gaza wouldn't work because that would mean occupying the territory completely. Also, just lifting the siege is a gamble and would embolden those who would like to use violence as a tool i.e., Hamas and the other freedom fighters and most likely put Israelis at risk.

I think most countries recognize this all over which is why no much more pressure is being applied against Israel vis-a-vis Gaza. The WB is a bit different.
danholo wrote:It's a horrible situation because while Gaza needs to develop, Israel can't afford giving any freedoms to Hamas, as it uses most of the aid received for military purposes.

Israel has no right to Gaza, controlling it or otherwise, yet this is what it does, in violation of international law. What was your excuse for the Gaza's occupation before Hamas existed? :?:

Gaza is heavily controlled by Hamas so even those who would be people to improve the situation there, they have no room.

Gaza is heavily controlled by Israel, from the land, from the air and from the sea. Israel is trying to get Cyprus to maintain access/control of Gaza from the sea with this proposed sea port.

Also, blaming Gaza's conditions on Hamas instead of Israel is pathetic in 2018. All the information is out there which proves that Israel is maintaining a concentration camp in the form of Gaza, the people have no agency in that camp, including Hamas.

Israel 'freeing' Gaza wouldn't work because that would mean occupying the territory completely.

Israel is already occupying Gaza's territory, but unlike in the West Bank and East Jerusalem where Israel occupies via a (brutal) military occupation, Israel has moved itself outside of concentration camp Gaza and controls it from its prison walls, and skies, and sea.

Also, just lifting the siege is a gamble and would embolden those who would like to use violence as a tool i.e., Hamas and the other freedom fighters and most likely put Israelis at risk.

FREUD!!! :D

Lifting the siege is what Israel should do as a minimum, to avoid being continuously and increasingly seen as a pariah state. Israel risks violence by occupying and blockading people, allowing them freedom might make it so they don't want to kill those who are ruining their lives.

I think most countries recognize this all over which is why no much more pressure is being applied against Israel vis-a-vis Gaza. The WB is a bit different.

Actually over 95% of the world consider's Gaza under an illegal occupation and blockade, both of which are a war crime in the form of collective punishment. This is why everyone hates Israel. You of course know this but are shilling for a fascist turd that ye cannot polish, despite how much you try, despite all those organizations Israel pays to PR for it, all those students and soldiers it pays to shill for it online, etc.etc.etc.
skinster wrote:Israel has no right to Gaza, controlling it or otherwise, yet this is what it does, in violation of international law. What was your excuse for the Gaza's occupation before Hamas existed? :?:

I don't think it has a "right" to Gaza either but it has a responsibility for the safety of its own citizens and national security, something some people in Gaza want to directly violate for probably good reasons, but with a horrible strategy. I have understood from international law regarding occupation that Israel, as the occupying power, has responsibility over the well-being and security of Gazans. In the real world, however, it cannot control them, and ultimately Israel's primary responsibility is for the safety of its own citizens. Israel has a responsibility for this whole mess but regarding this instance with Gaza, I really can't point the blame at Israel completely.

As to my 'excuse'. I don't have an excuse. I wasn't alive then. All 'excuses' and reasons can be found within a multitude of historical works written on the subject; The occupation of Gaza didn't happen in a vacuum but was an outcome of the Arab-Israeli conflict fueled by the Cold War in the background.

Gaza is heavily controlled by Israel, from the land, from the air and from the sea. Israel is trying to get Cyprus to maintain access/control of Gaza from the sea with this proposed sea port.

Also, blaming Gaza's conditions on Hamas instead of Israel is pathetic in 2018. All the information is out there which proves that Israel is maintaining a concentration camp in the form of Gaza, the people have no agency in that camp, including Hamas.

If that's the conclusion that can be made, I find that quite stringent cherry picking from the mounds of information that comes from that place daily. Israel is probably the most reported place in the world. Gaza is a concentration camp? I'd say that's "fake news"; it's called fake news these days, your can also call it propaganda and misinformation.

I don't think it describes the situation properly and diverts attention to the fact that Gaza does have its own influence in the area and is also an accessory in its own demise. You can call it a concentration camp, for sure, if that's ultimately what you want it to be. It doesn't correspond with reality, however.

Having said that, I don't think it's pathetic to blame Hamas in this case at all. It's actually very bold and true, because I find Hamas to be a very extreme faction in a national movement. It doesn't differ much from past right-wing movements, except that it's has a thelogical basis in Islam and is a very violent interpretation as well. Revolutionary movements are a great thing - but generally the extreme manage to gain power because their methods are, well, unsavory. Stating such facts about Hamas should be repeated daily. Anti-semites shouldn't get a time of day and should be called out on it. Hamas is it, and you should call them out with the same fierceness as towards Israel.

Fortunately I think most people noticed the ploy Hamas was pulling and turned against them. Hamas is a populist movement who is very smart to take advantage and prolong a chaotic situation. Indeed, I guess Israelis could be blamed that Palestinians are eating themselves up like rabid dogs but I'm tired of animal analogies. Hamas is made of people and people are responsible for their actions. Hamas have plenty of power in the Strip but have chose it to wage war. I have understood that the intended border protest WAS indeed non-violent, and was largely so, but Hamas used this situation cynically to their advantage and got people needlessly killed. Even Palestinians protested against what's going on in Ramallah! You can't absolve people from responsibility on mere representation alone. Gaza might not be a safe environment but it's not like it's NOT their home and should treat it with respect.

Israel is already occupying Gaza's territory, but unlike in the West Bank and East Jerusalem where Israel occupies via a (brutal) military occupation, Israel has moved itself outside of concentration camp Gaza and controls it from its prison walls, and skies, and sea.

Your idea of occupation, then, is completely different from mine. I mean actually invading Gaza, troops on the ground, eliminating Hamas and all hostile forces, taking control and imposing a puppet government, maintained by the PA with the help of the International Community just to get themselves up from their shit swamp. That's an occupation.

FREUD!!! :D

Hmm... This wasn't even bait!

:D :p

facetious
fəˈsiːʃəs/Submit
adjective
treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humour; flippant.

Lifting the siege is what Israel should do as a minimum, to avoid being continuously and increasingly seen as a pariah state. Israel risks violence by occupying and blockading people, allowing them freedom might make it so they don't want to kill those who are ruining their lives.

Yet for some reason Israel's relations with its Arab neighbors and the rest of the world is... improving and the KSA is only one example. These countries are seeing what sort of advancements and innovations Israel creates, and what a robust economy it is. The only ones out of the band wagon are Lebanon and Syria, but they are Iranian vassal states, no?

As the Arab states' economies grow and their quality of life improved, they see this as beneficial and attitudes are changing as people are realizing that Israel is not the Little Devil that it's painted out to by some.

Also, my country, despite its harsh criticism towards Israel, has always been a close ally and friend to Israel.

Finnish Navy orders Israeli missiles in 162m-euro deal

Also, some humans are grateful for the humanitarian aid afforded by Israel to those who can't get it anywhere.

See, everything isn't as it seems, but if you just want to look of photos of barbed wire fences, burning tires and people being rushed to the hospital because they got shot (but not showing what they did prior to being shot), you will get a certain but very constrained view of reality.

Despite your claims otherwise, for some reason the world is not following your line. Seriously, nobody cares about the shitshow that is Gaza and many are just giving up on the Palestinians.

I think CaspianReport sums up the geopolitical reality quite succinctly. I posted it earlier:

[youtube]J4QYTUYWlcw[/youtube]

Besieging Gaza does risk violence yes, but it would also risk violence if the blockade was lifted. Israel is not going to gamble the safety of its citizens for, what I think is a very naive or misplaced humanitarian agenda. I feel for the Palestinians, as they are incidentally our brothers, but they also have a hand in their own misery. Their leadership has taken them towards a very hopeless road, so Israel can't bare full, if any, responsibility for decisions made by others.

Actually over 95% of the world consider's Gaza under an illegal occupation and blockade, both of which are a war crime in the form of collective punishment. This is why everyone hates Israel. You of course know this but are shilling for a fascist turd that ye cannot polish, despite how much you try, despite all those organizations Israel pays to PR for it, all those students and soldiers it pays to shill for it online, etc.etc.etc.

95% of the world consider it actually illegal? If that is the case, if the world goes nuts, don't follow them. Never was into group think, so...

Where is this proof of a consideration and where is the proof that this consideration is fact? Legality is not a matter of opinion generally but I've come to understand that international law seems to be only opinion, so does it have any merit actually? Anyway, opinion is not fact. Sieges / blockades are collective punishment indeed but fortunately a siege in itself is not illegal as long as the reasons for the siege are valid because a siege is a VALID AND LEGAL DEFENSIVE MEASURE!!! Did you know this?

I consider the siege harsh, and the best of all the bad options - but it's still completely legal.

The reasons are valid in this case: Gaza is used as a launching ground for hostilities against Israel and Israelis daily. It has been so even before there was a full blown siege.

I don't see any good argument why anyone should act differently faced with such hostility and bold statements of how brutally they will murder Jews. Why should Israel gamble with Israeli lives?
danholo wrote:I don't think it has a "right" to Gaza either but it has a responsibility for the safety of its own citizens and national security, something some people in Gaza want to directly violate for probably good reasons, but with a horrible strategy.

It is quite correct that some people in Gaza want to violate the lives of Israelis, but why would that be? Is it because Israel has stolen lands and homes from over 70% of the population in Gaza? Or is it because Israel has placed them in what amounts to a concentration camp, where they have 2-4 hours of electricity today and their water is poisoned? Where they can't leave their imprisonment or see their family in other parts of Palestine that Israel also military occupies? Tell me, danholo, what is doing more damage to the security of Israelis?

The people of Gaza being imprisoned and oppressed otherwise is what causes Israel's insecurity. You can't imprison and occupy people and assume they will lay down and die, unless you're the type of pussy that would lay down and die if ever denied your rights. I would fight back.

I have understood from international law regarding occupation that Israel, as the occupying power, has responsibility over the well-being and security of Gazans.

This is correct. An occupier is legally responsible for the wellbeing of the people it occupies, something Israel has never done, since it kills Palestinians very regularly and imprisons them and such other else.

In the real world, however, it cannot control them, and ultimately Israel's primary responsibility is for the safety of its own citizens.

Israel has no right to control a people that are not within its borders, borders which Israel to date has yet to define or declare, but that's by the by.

Israel has a responsibility for this whole mess but regarding this instance with Gaza, I really can't point the blame at Israel completely.

That's because you're a tribal person who cares more about maintaining zionist oppression over the dignity and human rights of another people, based on their ethnicity/religion.

As to my 'excuse'. I don't have an excuse. I wasn't alive then. All 'excuses' and reasons can be found within a multitude of historical works written on the subject; The occupation of Gaza didn't happen in a vacuum but was an outcome of the Arab-Israeli conflict fueled by the Cold War in the background.

You don't have an excuse because the notion that Israel is occupying and blockading Gaza "because Hamas" is bullshit; an excuse to place blame on the victims rather than where it ought to be placed: on those doing the occupying and blockading (and incremental genocide)

As for Gaza, let son of an Israeli General, Miko Peled, explain the history to you:

If that's the conclusion that can be made, I find that quite stringent cherry picking from the mounds of information that comes from that place daily. Israel is probably the most reported place in the world. Gaza is a concentration camp? I'd say that's "fake news"; it's called fake news these days, your can also call it propaganda and misinformation.

I've posted links supporting my position before but I'll post it again. Israel is a concentration/prison camp:
David Cameron: Israeli blockade has turned Gaza Strip into a 'prison camp'

Lawrence Weschler: Gaza is a concentration camp

Blacklisted Academic Norman Finkelstein on Gaza, “the World’s Largest Concentration Camp”

Now it's your turn to prove that Gaza being a concentration camp is "fake news". :)

I don't think it describes the situation properly and diverts attention to the fact that Gaza does have its own influence in the area and is also an accessory in its own demise. You can call it a concentration camp, for sure, if that's ultimately what you want it to be. It doesn't correspond with reality, however.

What influence does Gaza have on itself? As you can see above, it's not just me who calls Gaza a concentration camp. I don't want it to be a concentration camp, I actually want it to NOT be a concentration camp, or prison camp, or however else you might want to describe it. I want Palestinians in Gaza, as well as in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, to live in freedom and dignity, with the same type of human rights you and I get to enjoy.

You on the other hand are here to speak on behalf of the government that denies Palestinians these rights, as well as deny their reality of the awful living conditions they suffer. I wonder what type of person can sleep at night, knowing they spend much time fighting for the violent non-right of a government to oppress and kill others. Perhaps you doing so is a cause for some of that anger you experience?

Anti-semites shouldn't get a time of day and should be called out on it. Hamas is it, and you should call them out with the same fierceness as towards Israel.

I agree, anti-semites shouldn't get a time of day, but you're arguing for the one group of anti-semites that are killing Palestinian semites. Hamas on the other hand are a resistance organization, who in recent years are clear about who their enemy is; they do not say Jews, but the zionist occupation. I can see why zionists love to ignore this. Trying to compare Hamas to Israel is a little bit silly, danholo, we both know Hamas wouldn't exist without Israel existing. And we also know that Hamas wouldn't have got the power it ever did without Israel pushing for it to do so.

Fortunately I think most people noticed the ploy Hamas was pulling and turned against them. Hamas is a populist movement who is very smart to take advantage and prolong a chaotic situation. Indeed, I guess Israelis could be blamed that Palestinians are eating themselves up like rabid dogs but I'm tired of animal analogies.

Palestinians are not eating themselves up like "rabid dogs" and it appears it's only you that is using animal analogies. But thanks for that insight into your psyche, which displays a dehumanization of the Palestinian people. Of course, you have to have dehumanized them before you can talk like this about them...

Gaza might not be a safe environment but it's not like it's NOT their home and should treat it with respect.

Can you ask Israel to do that instead of sniping to death from outside the prison walls, those who are protesting within the prison, for their human rights? :lol:

Your idea of occupation, then, is completely different from mine.

What do you mean when you say occupation? I go by what international law says, so it's not my definition really.

I mean actually invading Gaza, troops on the ground, eliminating Hamas and all hostile forces, taking control and imposing a puppet government, maintained by the PA with the help of the International Community just to get themselves up from their shit swamp. That's an occupation.

Well Israel does some of the stuff you described. In Operation Protective Edge and Operation Pillar of Defense, Israeli troops went into Gaza. In the former, they had to withdraw because Israeli troops were getting killed in much larger numbers than expected, and you know how much Israel has to avoid that happening. Israel has still been killing Hamas and "hostile forces" it imprisons. It often does though, to provoke a response, in order to justify further killing of Palestinian prisoners inside of Gaza. There is a pattern, forensic scholar Norman Finkelstein has documented in his most recent book Gaza, as well as elsewhere.

Yet for some reason Israel's relations with its Arab neighbors and the rest of the world is... improving and the KSA is only one example.

Congrats for having good relations with ISIS/Al-Qaeda in state form. Fascist birds of a feather, surely flock together.

These countries are seeing what sort of advancements and innovations Israel creates, and what a robust economy it is.

Yes, that must be it. :D

The only ones out of the band wagon are Lebanon and Syria, but they are Iranian vassal states, no?

Lebanon and Syria are independent states who refuse to conform to the neoliberal world order, just like Libya and Iraq and Iran, who supports the former two. How exactly is having allies = a vassal state. Is it just because it's a government you don't like? If what you say is true, Saudi Arabia and Israel are vassal states, created by Britain and now run by America.

As the Arab states' economies grow and their quality of life improved, they see this as beneficial and attitudes are changing as people are realizing that Israel is not the Little Devil that it's painted out to by some.

If anything, as time goes on, Israel is seen more and more like a rogue state. You of course know this, because never has there been a time in Israel's 70 years of existence as a borderless state on top of Palestine, where Israel is condemned more, than today. This is increasing even faster, amongst young Jews in America, over the last 3/4 years. The future is not bright with Israel if people like you continue to justify its crimes, rather than call for it to stop oppressing Palestinians.

Also, my country, despite its harsh criticism towards Israel, has always been a close ally and friend to Israel.

So? A lot of Western governments support Israel. That's not news to anyone. The people on the other hand, overwhelmingly support freedom for the Palestinians from Israeli occupation and blockade.

Still, since you're so zionist-y here, why don't you make aliya? You know there's some people in Israel who deny your zionism if you can't even walk the walk...

See, everything isn't as it seems, but if you just want to look of photos of barbed wire fences, burning tires and people being rushed to the hospital because they got shot (but not showing what they did prior to being shot), you will get a certain but very constrained view of reality.

People who see images and film of the prison camp Gaza and militarily occupied Palestine otherwise can see for themselves what they see. What you try to tell them to see is just another hasbara tactic that unfortunately doesn't work much anymore, since as I've repeatedly said, ye cannot polish a turd.

Despite your claims otherwise, for some reason the world is not following your line. Seriously, nobody cares about the shitshow that is Gaza and many are just giving up on the Palestinians.

Source? I go to a talks and protests about and for Palestine, try telling people there they don't give a shit about the Palestinians.

Also, try telling politicians within the UK and American government that are beginning to legislate against Israeli torture of Palestinian children.

Try telling all those academics, musicians, engineers, psychologists, teachers, etc.etc.etc. who support the BDS movement that they're "just giving up on the Palestinians". You see the updates in the BDS thread, it's a gift that keeps on giving.

According to you nobody cares, yet here you are, making long-ass posts about Palestine.

Besieging Gaza does risk violence yes, but it would also risk violence if the blockade was lifted.

Please provide evidence for this thing you imagine that has never happened.

Israel is not going to gamble the safety of its citizens for, what I think is a very naive or misplaced humanitarian agenda.

Why naive? Do Palestinians not deserve the same rights as you or I or what Jews in Palestine get?

I feel for the Palestinians, as they are incidentally our brothers, but they also have a hand in their own misery.

You sure love to blame the victim, while playing victim too. It is notable.

Their leadership has taken them towards a very hopeless road, so Israel can't bare full, if any, responsibility for decisions made by others.

More bullshit. There was never a plan for a two-state solution. Israel wanted the entirety of Palestine and this is what it has got, granted, with about 5/6 million people it doesn't want in the land, but it's too late to kill them outright because the world is watching.

95% of the world consider it actually illegal? If that is the case, if the world goes nuts, don't follow them. Never was into group think, so...

Yes the international community considers the occupations and blockade as war crimes in the form of collective punishment, despite your feelings.

Where is this proof of a consideration and where is the proof that this consideration is fact? Legality is not a matter of opinion generally but I've come to understand that international law seems to be only opinion, so does it have any merit actually? Anyway, opinion is not fact. Sieges / blockades are collective punishment indeed but fortunately a siege in itself is not illegal as long as the reasons for the siege are valid because a siege is a VALID AND LEGAL DEFENSIVE MEASURE!!! Did you know this?

There is no valid reason for Israel to imprison Palestinians in Gaza or military occupy them (occupations are also meant to be temporary, if anything, yet here we are 50 years later with no end in sight of Israel's military occupations).

You appear to suggest there is a valid reason for imprisoning and occupying people. Can you show me any laws or world bodies or human rights orgs that supports this position?

I consider the siege harsh, and the best of all the bad options - but it's still completely legal.

Which law supports it?

The reasons are valid in this case: Gaza is used as a launching ground for hostilities against Israel and Israelis daily. It has been so even before there was a full blown siege.

I'm sure any group who was imprisoned for no other reason than their ethnicity/religion would resist such conditions. You've heard of the Warsaw Ghetto, right? It's comparable to Gaza.

I don't see any good argument why anyone should act differently faced with such hostility and bold statements of how brutally they will murder Jews. Why should Israel gamble with Israeli lives

For the simple reason that: no justice (for Palestinians), no peace (for Israel).

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/1781137192[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Desantis made it illegal for cities in Florida to […]