Pushing Political Bias on Customers is Costing Companies Big Money - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I've been delighted to see the NFL take a beating for pushing the phony Michael Brown narrative that evolved into the NFL's Colin Kaepernick crisis. I also chimed in on the increasing censorship at YouTube. The NFL is not publicly traded, and YouTube is a subsidiary of Google/Alphabet.

Yet, a few companies towing the social justice warrior agenda have taken a beating in the stock market.

Netflix: They missed their growth and user base numbers substantially, and this occurred in the quarter after they hired the Obama's with exceptionally expensive billing in what is no doubt going to be more criticism of the United States placed front-and-center on Netflix. Lots of people simply cancelled their accounts and Netflix stock took a beating.

Facebook: After taking a lot of criticism for selling people's data to foreign countries and organizations trying to sway elections, Facebook also started shadow banning conservatives. Their earnings came out yesterday and their stock tanked almost 20% in what is arguably the largest single day dollar capitalization loss in stock market history. Zuckerberg has lost over $15B of his wealth in one day.

Trump just blasted Twitter for shadow banning Republicans. It will be interesting to see if this starts to take effect on Twitter's stock price.

There is nothing illegal about doing this sort of thing from a criminal law perspective. Civilly a private company can do this too. However, there is an alternate theory beyond just the idea that social networks should be regulated as utilities. In pushing shadow bans, they are destroying the value for one segment of the population, which is clearly not maximizing shareholder value. Some have even called for ousting Zuckerberg, because Facebook overall lost $100B in market value.

Naturally, I'm doing my happy dance as I do not think highly of the so-called progressives.

At some point, I figure this will hit Google and Twitter too. What do you folks think?
Ha! Just needed to wait a little longer. Twitter shares drop 16 percent after reporting declining monthly active users
The campaign to stomp out conservatives on social media is costing big money. For FB, it has cost $100B in market capitalization already. So awesome! Twitter is a smaller company, but they've lost 3M active users. That's enough of a loss to start funneling users to active competitors who don't thwart political conservatives.

Sure. No ethnogenesis in the past doesn't mean no […]

Are you done projecting your own racism here? Y[…]

@Deutschmania , @wat0n The definition of auth[…]

@QatzelOk calling another person a liar is not a[…]