Saudi Arabia appeared to threaten Canada with a 9/11-style attack - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

skinster wrote:What are you talking about? The Saudis have been funding Islamist terror within the Middle East and around the world for decades

Nah, they're our pals.

HOLY SHIT!!!

If you type p-a-l-s it gets changed to Palestinians.

Ultimately, it doens't matter, everything is what it is.
Saudi Arabia is fine because they have much money and oil and they're friends with the USA, they're also in cahoots with Israel, and they can blow up or just destroy anything in the world anytime. The great feminist kingdom of Canada (Queen Elizabeth II is literally their monarch) stepped in deep shit and nobody seems to be willing to follow their example. Maybe the new age just won't be as they thought it would.
@Beren

I don't understand what you're trying to say. You are the one who was saying that Saudi Arabia can blow up anything they want at any time. Why are you ridiculing your own argument?

Are you conflating blowing up something that would screw over Saudi Arabia along with the entire world with the power to force any country into submission? One of these provides no benefit to Saudi Arabia while the other gives Saudi Arabia the upper hand in almost everything. Want a one-sided trade deal with a country? Threaten to blow it up. Want to conquer a country? Blow it up. Want to stop a rebellion? Blow them up. If Saudi Arabia had the ability to blow up whatever the fuck it wants at the snap of a finger, it would have done so already since Saudi Arabia is culturally and politically structured to encourage that kind of behavior.
On a related note:

Ter wrote:That said, I laugh at skinster's taking side against Saudi Arabia, because Saudi Arabia is Iran's enemy and Iran is Israel's enemy. The enemy of my friend is also my enemy. I suppose that is the total geopolitical grasp that skinster has of the world :D

I just hate fascism, Ter. That from the Saudis and that from the Israelis. It's a consistent position. I have no reason to hate Iran, since it's not running around destroying countries or people based on what sect or religion they are (or aren't).

Oxymandias wrote:Also Saudi Arabia is against Israel as well.

They are allies actually. They came out in the last year. :D

Red_Army wrote:Sunni Islam is a scum-shit-storm.

I would say Wahabi Islam is a the shit-storm takfiri-scum. ;)
Oxymandias wrote:I don't understand what you're trying to say. You are the one who was saying that Saudi Arabia can blow up anything they want at any time. Why are you ridiculing your own argument?

I'm sure you wanted to say something really smart again, although I wasn't really sure what it was, so I responded to what I really understood from your post. The point actually is that Saudi Arabia could carry out high-profile terrorist acts in Canada, as well as anywhere else, as they seem to have indicated. So they're not just rich in money and oil, not just friends with the USA and Israel, but they also have a world-wide reputation as terrorists and a source of mercenaries ready for anything.
Note:
Saudi Arabian group apologizes for posting image appearing to threaten Canada with 9/11-style attack
Saudi youth group quickly deleted the image and issued an apology
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.4775509
Godstud wrote:Note:
Saudi Arabian group apologizes for posting image appearing to threaten Canada with 9/11-style attack
Saudi youth group quickly deleted the image and issued an apology
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.4775509

So, It took 7 pages for you guys to notice that its a non-story when I pointed out at the very first page ? :lol: :p

anasawad wrote:As far as I know about this is that Saudi Arabia expelled the Canadian ambassador, and a low-ranking government sponsored account posted this pic referring to the Canadian ambassador, with it being removed shortly afterwards and the twitter account closed.
The account even published an apology saying that the tweet was misunderstood and was referring to the return of the Canadian ambassador.
https://archive.is/C7yy5

I think the account was deleted, but not sure.

Looking further into it, this is the official site behind the company that posted it;

https://archive.is/gW40W

So how about we all stop spreading false news, propaganda, and try to at least check our sources.

Regarding the whole dispute, this is a good video, not a source but a youtube channel I follow and like so, here you go;
anasawad wrote:So, It took 7 pages for you guys to notice that its a non-story when I pointed out at the very first page ? :lol: :p
To be honest, I never took it as a threat, to begin with. I agree with what you posted.
According to "Nadia"'s tweets, Yemen supports Saudi Arabia in this spat.
Yemen is currently being destroyed by Saudi bombs, aided by Western arms-salesmen hawking their poisons.

I'm surprised this Twit-on-Twit story (Canadian twit and Saudi twit argue about twitty things) gained this much traction. I guess the media (and many posters) are allergic to more serious subjects.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]