Saudi Arabia appeared to threaten Canada with a 9/11-style attack - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

colliric wrote:They know Canada knows they helped Bin Laden....

It's a genuine threat, even if it's one of those "Get out of our business or well do to you what we did to the last person that got in it" empty not going to actually do it threats.

I don't think it's a genuine threat, it rather seems like a tone generally used in the Middle East. As a matter of fact it should embarrass the US more than Canada.
Just show the Saudis have been supporters and sponsors of terrorism. It seems it goes on to the state level.

Edit: On the other hand why does the Canadian diplomat and government think it is a good thing to attempt to change other countries traditions and customs? Because feminism has created something good? It destroyed family values and structure at home, so now they want to bring this "goodness" to Middle East?
Beren wrote:I don't think it's a genuine threat, it rather seems like a tone generally used in the Middle East. As a matter of fact it should embarrass the US more than Canada.

It's a "remember what we did and shut up" threat. They're not going to do it, but that's besides the point.
I'm confused, are we talking about Canada or the US? :?:

Anyway, I don't believe Saudi Arabia supported Al-Qaida on the 9/11 attacks. It simply wasn't in the royal family's interest to attack the US in anyway. They disowned Osama for a reason.... As for this weird threat on Canada, sounds like someone doing something very stupid. I'm sure they will be punished by the Saudi Government in some way.

skinster wrote:Nothing to see here, unless it's an official enemy like Venezuela or Cuba or Iran throwing out threats like this relating to one of the worst terrorist attacks of our time.

We need the Saudis billions and even though they're basically ISIS with a government, we have weapons to sell!

Yea, that's pretty much right. If we're talking about the USA. There's no reason for the US to antagonize Saudi Arabia at this point. There's just too much business to be done between the US government/corporations and the Saudi royal family.

Perhaps this is the key when establishing a new government anywhere in the world. You basically have to make yourself business friendly to external super powers (US, EU, China, Russia, etc.). This helps minimize foreign meddling in your internal affairs. However, at the same time, you have to find a way to keep their influence on your government minimal so that you can serve the interests of your citizenry. To do this, you need strong and principled leaders, which is EXTREMELY hard to find. Hence, you often end up with instability. :hmm:

As usually, the world is stacked against those that don't have money and/or power.

Ultimately, I think human evolution has turned out to be non-optimal. It probably would have been better if we evolved to be more collaborative, or rather, it would have been better if we evolved to realize that it's in our self-interest to be more collaborative.

In short, our fate was determined on the evolutionary tree a few million years ago.... We're fucked... :hmm:

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]