Catholic church rape scandal 2018 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

In 2002, Father Graff was arrested in Briscoe County, Tex., where he had continued his ministry, for sexually abusing a 15-year-old boy, the grand jury report says. He died of injuries from an accident while in a Texas prison awaiting trial.

"accident" ;)
Chile: Police Raid Catholic Church Headquarters Over Sex Abuse Cases

Chilean prosecutors also said it had requested from the Vatican information relating to nine clergy members accused of abuse.

The Chilean government asked the Vatican Tuesday to hand over documents related to accusations of sex abuse committed by clergy in Chile against minors, as local prosecutors stepped up raids of Roman Catholic Church offices in Santiago.

Chilean prosecutors said in a statement that the Chilean foreign ministry, through its embassy in Italy, had requested from the Vatican information relating to nine clergy members accused of abuse.

Police on Tuesday also searched Chile's Episcopal Conference - the offices of the Church leadership - an effort prosecutors said was intended to look for evidence of accusations made about members of the Marist Brothers religious community.

In a bishops assembly earlier this month, the Episcopal Conference said it was committed to collaborating with civil authorities on abuse cases.

An ongoing scandal into accusations of sexual abuse and cover-up within the Church in Chile has prompted Pope Francis to begin an investigation that has led to the resignations of several bishops and priests.

Chilean prosecutors have said they are investigating 38 cases of sex crimes committed by clergy and lay people against minors and adults. There are 73 people under investigation and 104 victims, most of whom were minors at the time of the abuse.

Prosecutor Raul Guzman told reporters Tuesday that police had collected documents and computers from the Episcopal Conference and had begun to process the information.

The raid is the latest of several on offices of senior church figures in Chile, as prosecutors seek evidence to support accusations of sexual abuse by clergy not reported to the civilian police.
When is this going to stop honestly. When will the church learn that as soon as there is abuse these people needs to be prosecuted.
Im glad these issues are coming to light.

The chaff needs to be seperated from the wheat and be burnt.... Just as Jesus said.

I think the time has come for a discussion at least on bringing back married priests. I think celebacy should remain, but at least discuss bringing back marriage to the Priesthood.
Albert wrote:I do not think it is an issue of celibacy, but more so I believe we have pederasts actively targeting priesthood to commit this.

Yes and also priests with severe psychological issues.
Albert wrote:I do not think it is an issue of celibacy, but more so I believe we have pederasts actively targeting priesthood to commit this.

You are correct here. Orthodox priests have the decency to order hookers instead of raping underage children.
JohnRawls wrote:You are correct here. Orthodox priests have the decency to order hookers instead of raping underage children.

Yes but they can also get married too, prior to priesthood vows of cause.

I think the Catholic Church should consider a similar rule or at least debate it, possibly the time may have come for another church council. I'm certain there will be a third Vatican council sometime in this century. This is the question they should consider.
I lean towards agreeing with Albert on the nature of the perpetrators of these child molesters: I think it's far less an issue of maintaining vows of celibacy and more an issue of pedophiles being among the clergy, as the overwhelming majority of Catholic priests are not rapists nor child molesters. There are scandals involving pedophiles among school teachers and any other profession where adults have limited unsupervised access to children.

It makes sense for the Catholic Church to bring back marriage for the clergy, but it's more important for them to change their policy and clean house first. It seems at the top they are beginning to adopt a more genuine attitude of putting more emphasis on protecting children from being raped than on protecting child molesters from the consequences of their actions, but they have a long way to go. There is too much of an unhealthy attitude in the Catholic hierarchy on protecting those criminals. The flaw is that they believe they are protecting their own, when the attitude they need to adopt is that when one of their own rapes children, they aren't any longer.
I'm not sure how much of a factor it was, but in my limited experience priests were also moved around not to protect them, but because the parishes they moved to rebelled to having that priest with "the bad reputation" placed there. I know alot of Priests were moved around because the parishes basically told the archdiocese to move them "right now" even if they hadn't been charged with anything.

Moving them wasn't just to protect them but also because "we don't want him here, don't care if he hasn't been charged with anything".

I personally think a future third Vatican Council would have to address this topic amoungst other topics.
What the Catholic Church has done is not protecting child molesters, it has been protecting themselves. Stupid and immoral pieces of garbage, the upper echelons of their hierarchy should all be shot for crimes against humanity. The Pope, the Cardinals and the Vatican should all burn.

Has there ever existed a more evil organisation? None that has survived for as long anyways... Judgement will be cast on the "righteous and virtues", that I do pray for...
MadMonk wrote:What the Catholic Church has done is not protecting child molesters, it has been protecting themselves. Stupid and immoral pieces of garbage, the upper echelons of their hierarchy should all be shot for crimes against humanity. The Pope, the Cardinals and the Vatican should all burn.

Agreed.

This all happened in my backyard being from Western Pennsylvania.

One more reason to regard the papacy as the synagogue of Satan.
skinster wrote:Ugh.

We need to talk about men. But as usual we won't.

Agreed, that's why some of us oppose homosexual male couple adoption. The majority may be innocent, but child protection must come before political correctness.
Rich wrote:Agreed, that's why some of us oppose homosexual male couple adoption. The majority may be innocent, but child protection must come before political correctness.

The majority of heterosexual couples don't abuse kids, too. But some do! You clearly are not understanding the difference between "gay" and "pedophile".

What, you think that dads don't abuse their daughters?
Zagadka wrote:The majority of heterosexual couples don't abuse kids, too. But some do! You clearly are not understanding the difference between "gay" and "pedophile".

What, you think that dads don't abuse their daughters?

But when assessed per capita, is their really a comparison though?

In this case, generalizations may obtain. people need to start wondering if joining the catholic church increases, statistically, your chance of being molested.

Being a part of a family isn't really an option and is basically the base-line for any experiment regarding children. the question is, does their chances increase by being part of the Roman church given the % of priests of the whole engaged in this sort of thing?

I haven't done the research, but given the magnitude of this scandal, this can't just be called incidental. There is something either wrong in the clerical culture of that church or their is something wrong with its celibacy program and how it vets priests. After all, a job that has celibacy as a requirement is going to attract certain people and they aren't usually alpha chad bad-asses......they are often incels, homosexuals who can't get over the stigma of their own church community, possibly MGTOWs, who knows.....I'm not saying this is always the case, but we are seeing a weird pattern here and there has to be a reason, its not just a coincidence.
It is kinda funny that you are mixing some of the most conservative populations with the most "liberal" (homosexuality itself has no ties to social thought other than being homosexual)

By your logic, putting girls into male heterosexual couples would be supremely safe.

But when assessed per capita, is their really a comparison though?

Oh, you want stats.

For the record, the Kinsey institute has already absolutely destroyed the "projection" stats that you are encompassing. This following article will outline your thought assumptions. It is long so I won't quote it in full. I'm not fully invested in the text, it is just what showed up on a quick search (as I say below, the Kinsey studies aren't available ATM)

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/h ... ation.html
Conclusion

The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children.

Unfortunately, the Kinsey site is having technical errors, so I can't link to direct studies from it.

Of course you are. Hardly, I don't want to help[…]

Victoria Nuland called. She wants her ahistoric[…]

As is usually the case, I am right. I was […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

litwin doesn't know this. What litwin knows is: […]