Leadership Spill results in new Australian Prime Minister (Scott Morrison).... Again - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Live updates:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-24/l ... s/10159462

Hopefully my country brings in a new "No Leadership changes while in government" law.... I hate this partyroom shit. The Internet and 24-hour news cycle has made leadership challenges way too common in Australia.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/scott-morri ... e-minister

A snap Federal Election looks maybe imminent.
pugsville wrote:I thought you'd be right behind Dutton. Is he not more of your stripe than Malcom?

I don't like mid-term Leadership changes in the government, they make the party(applies both of 'em) look unstable as a government and in this case has clearly increased risk of a snap Federal election. Better Turnbull than fucken Shorten(who is going "Holy shit they've put me back in the game! Lol!" Right now).

Long-term goals are much better than playing this musical chairs bullshit.

Probably this leaked video was one of the reasons why he was removed. In a leaked video, Malcolm Turnbull is seen mocking US President Donald Trump during an event similar to the White House Correspondents dinner, parodying his mannerisms and citing his ties to Russia. There was a bad phone call with Donald Trump in 2017, too. Donald Trump called Malcolm Turnbull's immigration policies "worse" than his own hardline approach.
ThirdTerm wrote:https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/875333956023046144

Probably this leaked video was one of the reasons why he was removed. In a leaked video, Malcolm Turnbull is seen mocking US President Donald Trump during an event similar to the White House Correspondents dinner, parodying his mannerisms and citing his ties to Russia. There was a bad phone call with Donald Trump in 2017, too. Donald Trump called Malcolm Turnbull's immigration policies "worse" than his own hardline approach.

No one here in Australia gives three fifths aof one quarter of percentage of something very small about that.

Turnbull was removed because the Party never warmed to him he was bit of an outsiders, too progressive of social issues, and one time ardent about doing something about climate change. He also rolled Tony Abbot while his was Prime Minister caiuse he had loast 30 polls in a row, (Tony's Hard Right Buffoonery were not popular, notably saying one set of things before the election and springing anotehr set when being voted in) But Tony Abbot is a strong Hater and wanted tog et Turnbull and added by our own right wing nutty press Sky News (think Fox) convinced Dutton to try and Roll him. It would also give the crazy Right control of the party and country. Enabling the most right born again Scott Morrision to come through as a 'moderate' candidate.

I wanted Dutton to get up so he could have destroyed the Liberal party with his crankfest right wing nuttiness.
I hate this modern Musical Chairs bullshit. Both parties should make it legal.... PM, Government and Party must go down with the ship and then rebuild the party. Like an AFL team that "takes the hard knocks for future Premiership Glory". 3 Years. Lose an election, so be it. If they know they have to stick with the PM, they'll be more fucken loyal to their leadership.

Should only be legal for opposition party to have leadership challenges.

Too American-style? I don't give a shit. It accounts for the fucken Internet and 24 hour news cycle. I didn't give a shit who "Got up", shouldn't have happened. Shorten is fucken laughing and preparing the fucken ALP attack ads now.
colliric wrote:I hate this modern Musical Chairs bullshit. Both parties should make it legal.... PM, Government and Party must go down with the ship and then rebuild the party. Like an AFL team that "takes the hard knocks for future Premiership Glory". 3 Years. Lose an election, so be it. If they know they have to stick with the PM, they'll be more fucken loyal to their leadership.

Should only be legal for opposition party to have leadership challenges.

Too American-style? I don't give a shit. It accounts for the fucken Internet and 24 hour news cycle. I didn't give a shit who "Got up", shouldn't have happened. Shorten is fucken laughing and preparing the fucken ALP attack ads now.

You gonna legislate against political stupidity? It's a waste of time they will find some way around it technically, the role isn't even in the constitution.

It would need a complete rewrite of major parts of the constitution, which while far from perfect you want to had a major change to the constitution to the clowns from both major parties right now?

Even if it was the best Idea the only way to do it it to allow this current crop to mess with constitution, they are simply not up to it.
I know but goddamn it...

Sometimes I hate how the internet and new news technology has fucked up Aussie politics.

It's clear the system needs a slight change. It was different when pollies had to use landlines,
limited TV Newscasts, less polls than today, newspapers and daytime radio. Limited negative news sources, less nerves over leadership.

The Net, social media and instant news has made them all jittery at the first sign of the slightest polling drop, that they wouldn't have given a shit about before.
colliric wrote:I know but goddamn it...

Sometimes I hate how the internet and new news technology has fucked up Aussie politics.

It's clear the system needs a slight change. It was different when pollies had to use landlines,
limited TV Newscasts, less polls than today, newspapers and daytime radio. Limited negative news sources, less nerves over leadership.

The Net, social media and instant news has made them all jittery at the first sign of the slightest polling drop, that they wouldn't have given a shit about before.

IT's not just the change in Media or News cycle it's the professional political class, and the now horde of hangers on advisors, who increasingly have a large vested interests, often becoming candidates and being looked after by their parties. The bubble has expanded, and the appearance of more and more partizan media can make the bubble bigger. I think people like Bolt and Sky helped create a feedback loop for the right of the Liberals making them think they were more marketable than they really are.

Look Dutton was a Queensland cop now he has family trust receiving millions from the Government, after he leaves politics he'll be appointed to boards and most likely quangos or ambassadorships or something if like minded government is in office. Thats a liberal example but it's politicians of all stripes.

Increasingly politicians are involved for decades and they were advisors and flunkies before that.

I want politicians to be part time in some degree and their and their families wealth not dependent of office and out of office benefits, I wnat them to say what they mean and stand for things.

Yeah I'm losing the plot and being overly idealistic.

But the turgid sorry tale of the last few days hardly makes us think much of these Galahs. (and Rudd/Gillard was equally pathetic)

None of what you said implies it is legal to haras[…]

That was weird

No, it won't Only the Democrats will be hurt by t[…]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]