A Russian Tesla? Why do Russians suck so badly at industrial design? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Albert wrote:I'm not making excuses SolarCross, I understand you are very anti-communist, I'm an anti-communist myself. I'm just relating how the philosophy of the car manufacturing industry in communist countries was. They did not design cars for speed nor able to drift on roads, but to calmly go from A to B. So comparison in the Top Gear show, is like comparing race cars with mopeds, they are designed for different purposes in mind. Plus they took completely beat up cars, and then wonder why the breaks do not work properly. It is just silly.

Very silly. I have seen plenty of old Ladas from the Soviet period, running just fine, better than American cars from the same period limping along in America. What happened to the Automobile Industry in the USSR was applied Globalist/Neo-Liberal Capitalism, ''shock therapy'' which flooded the local market of the FSU with foreign imports which have retained much of their position in Russia since the Yeltsin collapse of the 1990's. Yeltsin did not subsidize Russian industry by bailing them out like Reagan did Chrysler in the 1980's, true to Yeltsin's goddamned Clintonian advisors he sold Russia out in Automobiles as in so many other ways.

Edit; I may be changing in my ideology somewhat, but I'm going to be honest and call it like it is. Much of what Anti-Communists say and think about the history of Communism and life in the Soviet Union is utter bullshit.

I just quit reading when you started talking abou[…]

Again, conspiracy theories about Jewish domina[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]