Trump cuts aid to Palestinians - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Zionist Nationalist wrote:Why the US gives the Palestinians aid at all?

they shouldn't get anything

Well... it's peanuts compared to what the US gives to welfare queen Israel. So I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.
Code Rood wrote:Well... it's peanuts compared to what the US gives to welfare queen Israel. So I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

US dosent give this money for free they get many things in return

but investing in the Palestinians isnt worth it at all
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Why the US gives them aid?

In my opinion the US should cut a lot of foreign aid. The money can be used for wounded vets and other important things. The middle-east is a hornets nest that should be avoided by the US and other western countries as much as possible. Unfortunately there are all these powerful lobbyists and special interest groups (and many dual citizens of course) that want us to focus more on the middle-east than our own world.
One of the founding principles of the US is to help those in need. It's what makes US a great country. The US was founded on Christian values and one of those is charity. We give aid to those who come to us for aid.
MistyTiger wrote:One of the founding principles of the US is to help those in need.

The number 1, founding principle of the United States was the defence of slavery. A number of measures were made to protect it. Slavery was only abolished when Lincoln and his friends effectively ripped up the Constitution. The 2nd principle was the right to ethnically cleanse the Indians, who were protected under the British by the proclamation line.
Code Rood wrote:You do the math.

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conf ... ans-565733

= 200 million dollar aid cut

Then read this news story:

https://jewishchronicle.timesofisrael.c ... m-in-2019/

= 200 million dollar aid increase

Ever get the feeling you are being played like a violin?

From the links you posted, Hamas broke off all communications with the USA in retaliation for our moving our embassy to Jerusalem and thereby recognizing it as the Capital City of Israel. Why should we fund somebody who won't even talk to us much less participate in any efforts to solve their own problems?

Israel on the other hand, as the only real democracy in the Middle East, has been our only completely reliable ally in the Middle East, votes with us on most things at the U.N. and provides us with important sharing of technology, military strategy, and mutual national security.
skinster wrote:Israel is an apartheid state.

That is absurd since 20% of the Israeli population is Palestinian who are mostly the descendants of those who didn't betray Israel and leave to clear the way for their Arab sponsors to obliterate that tiny country. Those who did not leave enjoy full Israeli citizenship, representation on the knesset, and opportunity to thrive and enjoy their lives as much as any other Israeli. The only accommodation made to them is they are not required to do mandatory military service as they might have to fire upon their own family members.

That Israel defends and protects itself against the PLO, Hamas, Hezbollah, and other groups who have vowed to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth does not make them an apartheid country.

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]