Mass shooting, gamer opened fire after losing... Is winning everything in USA? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

[center-img]http://i67.tinypic.com/2yye6j7.jpg[/center-img]

Several people have been killed in a shooting at an entertainment complex in Jacksonville, Florida, police say.
The suspected gunman, a white male, was dead at the scene and no other suspects were being sought, the sheriff's office said.
An unspecified number of people were also wounded in the incident.
The shooting happened during a video game tournament being held at Jacksonville Landing.
Many shots can be heard in a video that appears to show the event being streamed online on the Twitch platform.
The players were playing the American football game Madden at the time.
Drini Gjoka, a 19-year-old player taking part, described the shooting in a series of posts on Twitter, calling it "the worst day of [his] life".
"I am literally so lucky. The bullet hit my thumb," he tweeted.
EA Sports, the company that owns Madden and approved the competition, said it was working with the authorities.
The local sheriff's office said on Twitter that Swat teams were continuing to search the area.
They said that they had found "many people" still hiding there and urged them to stay calm.
Local media report that at least four people have been killed, and at least 11 others are injured.
Police have not confirmed the exact numbers.
According to the Los Angeles Times, a gamer opened fire after losing, then killed himself. The report, which quoted messages from another gamer, could not immediately be confirmed.
Florida Governor Rick Scott said he was being updated about the situation.
The state has seen several mass shootings in recent years, including at the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando in 2016 and the Marjory Stoneman Douglas School in Parkland in February this year.
The Jacksonville Landing is a large shopping, entertainment and dining complex in the city centre.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45315970
It's the merry-go-round spin-media entertainment. Which is it going to be?

- toxic masculinity
- gaming = violence
- women have it so rough in gaming!
- gun control
- Islam is peace
- white men are the only mass shooters in the USA, don't look at the statistics, believe us!
- white supremacy is the underlying cause of black crime

Perhaps they'll surprise us this time with an unusual combination of spin-media themes.
Red_Army wrote:You're welcome to post as many articles about gangland shootings as you like.
Nah, that's not my gig. Plus consistently highlighting the daily number of shootings committed by young black men aged 16-35 is defacto racism and would be pointless as well as extremely tiring to everyone.

It's much better to make it a point to note that it is an agenda to ignore shootings committed minorities in favor of amplifying shootings committed only by white men, which are rare in comparison.
Your own point is nonsense. Most of the victims of the crimes you're referring to are also minorities. So the media is also ignoring the deaths of minorities in favor of whites.

I agree with you that our media is shit, but I think you and your ilk are worse. I hope you know that posting this dumb shit every time a white guy shooting is in the media is accomplishing nothing and you are entirely impotent.
maz wrote:It's much better to make it a point to note that it is an agenda to ignore shootings committed minorities

The point all but fringe idiots are pointing out there is shootings of minorities by cops, not ignoring shootings by minorities. As you lot and RA pointed out, the larger portion of shootings by minorities are of minorities.

in favor of amplifying shootings committed only by white men, which are rare in comparison.

If we're talking mass shootings, you are absolutely wrong.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476 ... er-s-race/
maz wrote:The shooter is defintely a white man. Even if I had not checked I automatically knew it was a white man because the op only bothers to post white men shootings.

So you believe that anarchist23 is clairvoyant, and knows things about crimes that haven't been reported yet. I don't know whether I should laugh at the absurd powers you ascribe to your opponents, or recommend you see someone about this paranoia.
Zagadka wrote:As you lot and RA pointed out, the larger portion of shootings by minorities are of minorities.

Wow, it's almost as if the minority victims don't even count! But even if you are both right that the minority victims don't count, a lot of white people are also shot and killed by blacks and other minorities.

Zagadka wrote:If we're talking mass shootings, you are absolutely wrong.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476 ... er-s-race/

There is not doubt that this stat is true.

If you tally up the victims from mass shootings, what percentage are they in total number shooting victims per year?

I bet there are more victims of shootings by minorities per year than there are the total number of mass shooting victims.
maz wrote:Wow, it's almost as if the minority victims don't even count! But even if you are both right that the minority victims don't count.

Who said that? I mean, besides you. My point specifically mentioned that the protests are about police shootings.

I'm for controls that apply to everyone equally.
Sad. America's got to do something about this epidemic of mass-shootings. Too bad they simply don't care enough.

note: Kinder eggs are banned because they were deemed unsafe.
Last edited by Godstud on 26 Aug 2018 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
anarchist23 wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45315970

I'm really, really, tired of hearing of murderously insane people who cannot distinguish reality from it's diversionary simulacrum. This is another rotten aspect of modernity that absolutely has to go.

Goddamn people need to read a book, ride a bike, go hiking or tend a garden, anything put keep their heads firmly and securely up their asses via the games and all the other garbage that disconnects them from living a real life.

I write this anti-modern rant from my keyboard onto an online forum, but still....
I did read one of the earlier reports where police identified the shooter as a WHITE MALE, but I was wrong.

Apparently the guy was a Jew! This must explain why we haven't heard much from the Parkland students and the anti-2nd amendment extremists yet.

Jewish suspected gunman in gamer tourney shooting described as loner

Neighbors and others described David Katz, the gunman who shot up a video game tournament on Sunday, killing two people and injuring 11 before turning the gun on himself, as someone who kept to himself.

Katz, 24, is suspected of going on a shooting rampage in the northern Florida city of Jacksonville.

Sheriff Mike Williams said final confirmation of the suspect’s identity was pending as the FBI in Baltimore aided in the investigation.

A crime reporter for the Baltimore Sun tweeted that court records relating to the divorce of Katz’s parents say that he had “significant medical problems and healthcare needs.”

According to Business Insider, announcers at a 2017 tournament said that Katz was not showing “much emotion” while playing his games.

“David Katz keeps to himself. He’s a man of business,” the announcer said. “He’s not here to make friends.”

“You can’t even get him to open up about anything, it’s like pulling teeth,” he added.

According to an eyewitness who spoke to the LA Times, Katz opened fire at the tournament after having been eliminated earlier in the day.

Another eyewitness told Action News Jax that Katz, known as “Bread” online, had been acting strangely before the shooting.

“He had shades on. He didn’t speak to anybody. After we played, I went to shake his hand and tell him good game and he just looked at me and didn’t say anything,” the witness said.

Katz was reportedly Jewish.

On Sunday evening, the FBI said, its agents searched a family home of the man authorities believed was behind the attack. Photographs from the scene of the raid appeared to show a mezuzah attached to the doorframe.

The Sabbaticus wrote:It's the merry-go-round spin-media entertainment. Which is it going to be?

- toxic masculinity
- gaming = violence
- women have it so rough in gaming!
- gun control
- Islam is peace
- white men are the only mass shooters in the USA, don't look at the statistics, believe us!
- white supremacy is the underlying cause of black crime

Sounds like we're either going to have to go with " loner with mental health issue."

The bad news is that he will get lumped in with the white mass shooting stats.

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O