Mass shooting, gamer opened fire after losing... Is winning everything in USA? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Wow, there are a lot of misconceptions about gamers. Including not comprehending that gamers come in "breeds" very different, and "professional" Madden NFL players are in quite a different breed than most other gamers.
Zagadka wrote:Wow, there are a lot of misconceptions about gamers. Including not comprehending that gamers come in "breeds" very different, and "professional" Madden NFL players are in quite a different breed than most other gamers.

No they don't.... They come in one breed.

That's like saying Filmbuffs come in different breeds because they like different genres.

No, they're all Filmbuffs.... They just like their particular genre or denomination to use Religious terminology.

I guess your statement makes sense from the view that this is the gaming version of "Catholic VS Orthodox VS Protestant" or "Kirk VS Picard". But at the same time they are all gamers sharing the same hobby, just as in my examples "all of them are Christians" & "All are Trekkies"
MistyTiger wrote:Gamers would do better if they actually worked real jobs. Gaming can be a fun hobby, but ones career...insane!

My parents never allowed Nintendo or gaming equipment in the house. They still forbid it, but I never cared. I would rather work on my reflexes by exercising than by being glued to a screen and game controller.

You poor thing :eek:
Anyway, going back to my point, Misty is abusing the idea of gamers being antisocial losers with no jobs or social life. I mean, many are, but by no means commonly, even heavy gamers. It is a hobby that can be overdone, like any other hobby. Yes, once you're talking about the segment of people in a hobby that can be referred to as "professional" are going to be outliers.

EDIT

Actually, I got off my own point defending my hobby. The general point is that the gaming element had nothing to do with it (Madden NFL?). He's mentally ill regardless.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:The fact that this guy was on drugs to treat psychotic behavior and had premeditated the attack have both been settled by police.

No, that isn't true:
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office identified the suspected shooter as David Katz, 24, of Baltimore. Witnesses told local media Katz was angry because he lost the tournament.
Williams said no firm motive had been established but added, “The suspect clearly targeted other gamers … The suspect walked past patrons who were in other parts of the business and focused his attention on the gamers.”

http://thejewishvoice.com/2018/08/29/me ... ol-debate/

“The suspect clearly targeted other gamers who were in the back room” of the pizzeria, Williams said. “The suspect walked past patrons who were in other parts of the business and focused his attention on the gamers.”

Investigators determined Katz bought both guns in Baltimore within the past month. But Williams said there’s no indication he planned the shooting before Sunday.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/2018 ... tournament

And for the antipsychotics - yes, but as a kid:

Court documents in divorce proceedings between Katz’s parents reveal that he was hospitalized twice in psychiatric facilities and had been prescribed an antipsychotic drug.

https://wtop.com/maryland/2018/08/new-m ... th-crisis/

Katz, who was 24, was prescribed a number of psychiatric medications, including an antipsychotic, and saw "a succession of psychiatrists," according to a 2006 letter from the father's attorney. A separate 2006 court filing states that a therapist said David had experienced a "psychiatric crisis."
The court records reveal a divorce and custody battle that was so acrimonious both parents filed to have a guardian ad litem assigned to represent the interests of David, their younger son. They strongly disagreed about his mental health treatment.

Court documents state that Katz suffered emotionally as a child and was prescribed psychiatric drugs, including Lexapro, an antidepressant, and Risperidone, an antipsychotic medication sometimes used to treat schizophrenia. Katz's mother took him to see a number of psychiatrists as well as a social worker and art therapist, according to a 2006 letter from the father's attorney.

His father disputed the necessity of the drugs and a psychiatric evaluation sought by David's mother, suggesting that his son instead "attend a support group for middle school students." "Richard Katz has seen no evidence whatsoever of schizophrenia in David Katz," a motion from his father's lawyer said.

On one occasion, according to a document from the father's lawyer, Katz strongly reacted to the notion of going to an appointment and locked himself in the car. The boy was then "faced with the prospect of being put in handcuffs by the police."

The day after his 13th birthday, police were called to the mother's Columbia home to help with her son, because of "the volume of the television and his overall lack of respect toward her and his grandmother," according to a police report. The day after his 14th birthday, according to another police report, Katz called police to the home because his mother "keeps punishing him by taking away his video games."

http://www.wtva.com/content/national/491941881.html
JohnRawls wrote:You poor thing :eek:

Nah. I know I enjoy going out and about, rather than staring at a screen for hours on end just to see the level number increase. If I saw "Game Over" too many times, I'm sure I'd lose it and scream like a banshee. I don't usually get so mad but seeing that message again and again might get on my nerves.

@Zagadka I see what you're saying. I think it should stay as a hobby. Once something becomes more than a hobby, it no longer is seen as fun. So when someone loses, they take it hard because more is riding on the outcome. The more people have to lose, the more desperate and insane their behavior is when they lose. And really, no one can win every time. Someone always has to lose and there's always a winner.
Sounds like his mother had a vendetta against the father. Not surprisingly he hated her guts in return.

Put him on meds at a young age and treated him with zero respect. Should have been with the loving drug-skeptical Dad as usual. No wonder this guy was fucked up and addicted to games, his mother was a shocker. Taking a young male kid to see an "art therapist" instead of letting him feel normal and play games with his friends.

Damn. Mum fucked him up psychologically. Could have been avoided.
Red_Army wrote:@colliric It's funny how much of a divorce court warrior you are dude :lol: The amount of assumptions you just made is off the charts. I'm sorry someone hurt you.

Don't take a genius to figure out sending a young male kid to an "art therapist" and a stream of psychologists including at least one time against their will(which normal young boy wants to do fucken "art therapy"?) means the mother has some serious issues herself.

His calling the cops on her was an extreme cry for help against a typical female control freak gaslighter. No one could help him, no one would believe him except his Dad who has clearly experienced what that woman is like.
What's wrong with art therapy? A story goes that @Saeko went to an art therapist once, and look at her now! :eek:

@colliric what's the reason for you assuming everything that happened with the mother was abusive? Judging from the fact he turned out to be an upstanding citizen, there was probably a reason why he was referred to psychiatrists and why the mother attempted something as benign as art therapy, unless you're blaming his choice to murder people at a pizza joint on being compelled to see psychologists as a younger man with, among other things, difficulty controlling his anger, based on the police incidents.

It's also not a mystery that family members involved in disputes, especially over custody, will overlook or be blind to behavioral/mental health issues in their children or other family members.
No @Bulaba Jones therapy leads to mass shootings 100% of the time... @colliric is literally blinded by his own experience with family court and projects it on to nearly every story he reads. Pretty much all problems are the fault of power hungry moms and their judge enablers. If only father's rights were stronger than mass shootings would drop to zero.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ood-abuse/

https://www.truththeory.com/2016/08/31/ ... or-father/

there was probably a reason why he was referred to psychiatrists

Yes, his mother was clearly a narcissistic control freak(and yes he had to try call the cops on her, it was his cry for help) and he wanted to be with Dad instead. Not excusing what he did, but there's more to the storyline than just "he was nuts".

He clearly suffered severe trauma from the Divorce as well.
You're making assumptions about a story we don't have a whole lot of facts about. He called the police because his mommy took away his video games.

I didn't notice anyone on recent pages saying it's a simple case of "he's nuts."
Red_Army wrote: If only father's rights were stronger than mass shootings would drop to zero.

Yes they would. Also Abortion would drop to practically zero and that would also be good.

You're making assumptions about a story we don't have a whole lot of facts about. He called the police because his mommy took away his video games.

As he probably knew the severity of calling the police, he clearly felt this was actually warrented(i.e. she had a strong history of acting like this to him because she has narcissistic personality disorder herself). Also the Dad clearly believed she was the one who was actually nuts as well. Most likely he got the fuck out of dodge himself.

The child clearly wanted to be with Dad, yet no one legally gave a shit and everyone tryed to outpsych him as usual instead of let him develop fairly normally.

Gaming was clearly where he felt he was free to develop male relationships and she stopped him from doing what he loved doing way too much.

You did, when you suggested that we once bred wi[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]