If you needed proof that everthing is stupid and we're all living in hell - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Whenever I'm feeling down, I just read your posts, Sivad, and I immediately feel a lot more cheerful, because I know that at least there is one other person in the world who is an even more miserable old git than I am. Thanks, Sivad! :up: :D
I don't hold out much hope for any kind of real justice in the world, I think the most we can do is try to keep it free and open until we create something better to replace us. In order to do that we need to push as hard as we can against the stupidity and the madness. It's really just shoving shit against the tide but if we don't we'll be up to our ears in it real quick.

Sivad wrote:I don't hold out much hope for any kind of real justice in the world, I think the most we can do is try to keep it free and open until we create something better to replace us. In order to do that we need to push as hard as we can against the stupidity and the madness. It's really just shoving shit against the tide but if we don't we'll be up to our ears in it real quick.

You, sir, are clearly a noble-minded idealist. Hence your bitter disappointment and impotent rage against the iniquity of the human race. Personally, I don't give a shit. I merely cheerfully admit that the human race is fucking doomed, then take another sip of my single-malt Glenfiddich whiskey and gaze out at the sunset while puffing on my Dunhill pipe.... :smokin:
Potemkin wrote:Personally, I don't give a shit. I merely cheerfully admit that the human race is fucking doomed, then take another sip of my single-malt Glenfiddich whiskey and gaze out at the sunset while puffing on my Dunhill pipe....

I'm getting there myself. Cynicism is taking over, though in my case its got a nice Solomon-in-Ecclesiastes-esque religious nihilism about it all.

Vanity of Vanities!

Come Lord Jesus, Come!

*Sips aged black rum and puffs on turkish meerschaum pipe while scanning the horizon for the second coming*
Victoribus Spolia wrote:I'm getting there myself. Cynicism is taking over, though in my case its got a nice Solomon-in-Ecclesiastes-esque religious nihilism about it all.

Vanity of Vanities!

Come Lord Jesus, Come!

*Sips aged black rum and puffs on turkish meerschaum pipe while scanning the horizon for the second coming*

The Vision knows the truth....

Sivad wrote::D If was just pure misanthropy the rage would be very potent. I'd go into banking or corporate law and fuck em good.

Exactly Sivad. You are a noble-minded idealist at heart. Don't try to deny it. Lol. ;)
Potemkin wrote:Exactly Sivad. You are a noble-minded idealist at heart. Don't try to deny it. Lol. ;)

I'm just not a defeatist. At this point in history we can see the possibilities beyond the human world, so there is something to work toward. The humans are fucked but I have a lot of hope for the future. It's just exasperating as hell getting there.
Just think @Sivad you're having this deep conversation because of the unity between Palin and Brazile.....

It looks like they inspired you somehow. :excited:

If this fact now makes you consider suicide, I would understand.

I won't judge. 8)
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Just think @Sivad you're having this deep conversation because of the unity between Palin and Brazile.....

It looks like they inspired you somehow. :excited:

They scared me straight. I now know the stupid is real, the stupid is growing, and the stupid is gonna implode the world if we don't drive it back from whence it came with all the wit and intelligence we can muster.

If this fact now makes you consider suicide, I would understand.

I won't judge. 8)

Suicide ain't my bag, I plan to keep killing time until time kills me.
Sivad wrote:If you're not a miserable cynic then you're just not paying attention.

So ... I just should stop paying attention anymore. Not the worst tip I've ever been given.

Rugoz wrote:Meh, Trump being the POTUS beats everything else.

Nah, thats just guaranteed entertainment.
Sivad wrote:If you're not a miserable cynic then you're just not paying attention.
Maybe you should sober up, turn off the computer, and go outside. A cynic is someone who knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing. Your title is a projection of an inner conflict. We are at war with ourselves. This internal war is being projected. Everything is not stupid and we're not living in hell. Your mind is responsible for this misrepresentation. Perhaps we should use this communication platform as a 'think-tank' instead of a troll tank. You're making a choice here, you're the one calling reality hell. It isn't hell and it isn't heaven. Stop soiling consciousness so you can project internal conflict and act as if it's not a choice. :roll:

We should educate or train our perceptional centers. Stop paying attention to the things that are not worth (y)our attention. Align your intention with attention. This so called hell you speak of and apparently seek, doesn't exist until we give it perceptional authority. We collectively empower the stupid and profane. There's a war on consciousness. This war started inside, not outside. I advise you to rebuild your temple before you lay bricks here.

I'm just not a defeatist. At this point in history we can see the possibilities beyond the human world, so there is something to work toward.
The past is not the present, but the present becomes the past. You say you're not a defeatist, but then you say that you seek a future beyond the human world (whatever that means, because anything you seek will be a permutation of the human world).
The humans are fucked but I have a lot of hope for the future.
The future is now. There's only this inescapable present moment. Let go of the past. Hope is found within the present moment. It doesn't exist anywhere else. Hoping for a better future without acknowledging it NOW is pure escapism. Furthermore, stop with the "the humans" this "the humans" that, you're not detached from their plight. :lol:

It's just exasperating as hell getting there.
Getting where? It's all here, right now. Why are you so tired? :eh:

Personally, I don't give a shit. I merely cheerfully admit that the human race is fucking doomed, then take another sip of my single-malt Glenfiddich whiskey and gaze out at the sunset while puffing on my Dunhill pipe
Weak in body mind and spirit. :*(

-One Love
Last edited by RhetoricThug on 20 Sep 2018 17:48, edited 3 times in total.

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]