Mass shooting by a woman in the US. Four dead. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

[center-img]http://i67.tinypic.com/oayqg7.jpg[/center-img]

A woman shot dead three people and injured three more before turning a gun on herself in an attack at a warehouse complex in Maryland, US police say.
The shooting happened on Thursday morning at a pharmacy distribution centre in Perryman, near Baltimore.
The attacker, Snochia Moseley, 26, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The motive for her attack is unclear.
Mass shootings by women are rare, with more than 95% of such attacks in the US carried out by men.
'Officers fired no shots'
The shooter was a temporary employee who reported for work as usual that morning, Harford County Sheriff's Office said.
But shortly after 09:00 local time (13:00 GMT) she began shooting outside, then inside the facility, with a 9mm Glock handgun that she had brought with her.
Police were on the scene within five minutes, by which time the shooter had killed three people and injured three more.
Officers found the suspect in a critical condition, with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head - she died later in hospital.
She was from Baltimore County, police said.
She owned and had registered the handgun, and had taken several magazines of ammunition with her, police said.
The sheriff's office initially urged residents to avoid the area, which is about 40km (25 miles) north-east of Baltimore.
But it later tweeted that "we do not believe there is any further threat to the community".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45594239
I used to be a temp so I can understand her frustration. I hated not having benefits or holiday pay. Temps get treated worse than regular permanent staff who complain about shitty work life.

Workplace violence is scary. My current office is going to be renovating in order to make the building a little more secure.
AFAIK wrote:Americans shooting other Americans is about as newsworthy as 'dog bites man'.

What makes this mass shooting newsworthy is..
Mass shootings by women are rare, with more than 95% of such attacks in the US carried out by men.
I strongly believe that women should have all the opportunities men have, so this is a great step forward. I hope women are empowered to go on more shooting sprees.

/s

Anyway, it is just sad how common this story is. We're doing something wrong.
Zagadka wrote:Anyway, it is just sad how common this story is. We're doing something wrong.
Yes, but Americans are in no way addressing the root cause of these shootings.

These shootings are rare in other 1st world countries.
Saeko altered comment wrote:These shootings are rare in other 1st world countries.
In Canada we have no recorded workplace shooting that I could find, and we don't have people going "postal"(which was coined in the USA).

USA just recently(prior to THIS shooting at a workplace):
April 3, 2018: A woman opened fire at YouTube's headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, wounding four people before she shot and killed herself.

Feb 1, 2018: A former trucking company employee, Vernest Griffin, faced first-degree murder charges after two fatal shootings at separate Detroit-area businesses. Griffin was wounded and arrested following a shootout with police.

June 14, 2017: UPS employee Jimmy Lam, who had recently filed a grievance, opened fire inside one of the company's San Francisco packing facilities, killing three co-workers before fatally shooting himself as employees fled frantically into the streets.

June 5, 2017: John Robert Neumann Jr. fatally shot five former colleagues and then himself at a manufacturer of awnings in Orlando, Florida. Neumann had been fired from the Fiamma factory in April.

Oct. 25, 2016: One worker was fatally shot and three others were wounded after a former co-worker opened fire in the paint shop at the FreightCar America facility in Roanoke, Virginia. The shooter, Getachew Fekede, then killed himself.

Feb 2016: Fifteen people at a Kansas factory were shot and three of them killed by a co-worker whom police said had also shot two other people as he drove toward the facility. The shooting occurred at Excel Industries in Hesston, Kansas.

Dec 2, 2015: A husband and wife carried out an attack on his co-workers with high-powered rifles at a health department training event and holiday party at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California. Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife Tashfeen Malik killed 14 people and wounded 22 others. Both fled the scene but then died in a shootout with police.
Oxymandias wrote:@Suntzu

In Iran you rarely get mass shootings and this is the case for most of the Middle East. The culture simply isn't there for such things to happen.

Yep, homicide rate in Iran is about half that of the U.S. Factor out Black on Black homicide which accounts for about half the homicide in the U.S. and we would be about equal. 8)
It is also worth noting that this person identified as transgender and apparently has a long history of mental health.

In the world of mass shootings, she's what we call a "Twofer." QPOC mass shooting double the embarrassment of the Left.
I don't know why this is in today's news. Americans gunning each other down is hardly news. I am just glad that the new world exists. Imagine what Europe might be like if we hadn't had a dumping ground to send these people. It always reminds me of that bit in hitchhikers guide where that planet puts the useless third of its population onto colony ships and blasts them off into space. :lol:
Verv wrote:QPOC mass shooting double the embarrassment of the Left.
:roll: Mentally ill people are on all parts of the political spectrum.

The common root cause is access to firearms for mentally ill people. Until you can meaningfully engage in some real gun control, without people crying out that you're taking away their "God-given rights", this will continue, unabated.

@Decky
The Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship B was a way of removing the basically useless citizens from the planet of Golgafrincham. A variety of stories were formed about the doom of the planet, such as blowing up, crashing into the sun or being eaten by a mutant star goat. The ship was filled with all the middlemen of Golgafrincham, such as the telephone sanitisers, account executives, hairdressers, tired TV producers, insurance salesmen, personnel officers, security guards, public relations executives and management consultants.

Ark Fleet ships A and C were supposed to carry the people who ruled, thought, or actually did useful work.

The ship was programmed to crash onto its designated planet, Earth. The captain remembers that he was told a good reason for this, but had forgotten it, although the reason was later revealed to be because the Ark Ship B Golgafrinchans were a 'bunch of useless idiots'.

The ship crashes onto the supercomputer Earth and is wrecked, but many of the passengers and crew survive. They begin running the planet in accordance with their previous useless ways. Arthur and Ford agree that this explains a lot about later Earth inhabitants.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]