24 killed in attack on Iranian military parade - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Oxymandias wrote:Funding someone =/= owning that person. Iran doesn't even make up 40% of Hezbollah's funding and thus, doesn't even have the sufficient influence to direct Hezbollah let alone make it it's proxy.

I dispute your thesis.
There is a saying "Whose bread you eat, that word you speak"
Also, you just said the apocalypse-loving theocracy in Iran funds the terrorist organisation Hetzbollah to the tune of 40%. Where does that knowledge come from ? I highly doubt that the rulers of theocracy Iran make those figures public. Since you have so much inside information, can you tell us how much those 40% amount to in US dollars ? I am sure the Iranians who don't have a rusty nail to scratch their asses would be very interested in that information.

Oxymandias wrote:The Hamas are the de facto rulers of Palestinians and thus, if you want to fund Palestine, you'll end up funding the Hamas one way or the other.

The terrorist organisation Hamas acts as the dictator of Gaza. The Arabs living in Judea and Samaria are spared that fate.
Funding the Arabs in Gaza can be done through NGOs, the UN, and so on, to try and make sure the head dictators of Hamas can't get their hands on the money.

I am using this language because the anti-Zionist talk about "the genocidal apartheid state of Israel" and so on, I had to adjust my language to yours and skinster's. Let me know when we can revert to normal polite language.
@Ter

Dude, it's public:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funding_of_Hezbollah

Iran gives Hezbollah only 9 million in funding per year. Are you seriously claiming I'm a government agent of some kind? I don't even think Iran knows what PoFo even is. Furthermore, if stating that Hezbollah is a de facto state is proof that I'm an Iranian agent, then what the fuck do you think you are whenever you talk about Israel or the US? You're a full blown congressmen by that point.

The terrorist organisation Hamas acts as the dictator of Gaza. The Arabs living in Judea and Samaria are spared that fate.
Funding the Arabs in Gaza can be done through NGOs, the UN, and so on, to try and make sure the head dictators of Hamas can't get their hands on the money.

Except all that money siphons to the Hamas one way or the other, especially if you're funding Gaza which is what Iran wants to do. Furthermore, why would Iran not take it's finances into it's own hands and distribute it's money by itself? Every sovereign nation does this and no nation uses charity organizations like the UN or NGOs to fund countries. Foreign aid, for example, isn't given through the UN or NGOs. Countries like the UK or the US straight out give them the money.

In your attempt to somehow find an argument you end up rejecting what is considered to be political common sense.

I am using this language because the anti-Zionist talk about "the genocidal apartheid state of Israel" and so on, I had to adjust my language to yours and skinster's. Let me know when we can revert to normal polite language.

You've literally never been polite in all talks with you. Furthermore, you don't even know what Zionism as a philosophy advocates so I recommend you stop fluctuating "anti-Zionism" with "anti-Semitism".
Oxymandias wrote:Are you seriously claiming I'm a government agent of some kind?

Show me where I claimed such a thing.
I never did.

Oxymandias wrote:Furthermore, if stating that Hezbollah is a de facto state is proof that I'm an Iranian agent, then what the fuck do you think you are whenever you talk about Israel or the US? You're a full blown congressmen by that point.

You are running away with your own argument.
I never said nor implied such a thing.

Oxymandias wrote:Furthermore, why would Iran not take it's finances into it's own hands and distribute it's money by itself? Every sovereign nation does this and no nation uses charity organizations like the UN or NGOs to fund countries.

OK, so you would nor mind that the US or SA or UAE sends money and weapons to Arab insurgents in Iran ? I am just following your own reasoning.

Oxymandias wrote:In your attempt to somehow find an argument you end up rejecting what is considered to be political common sense.

Right back at you, buddy.

Oxymandias wrote:You've literally never been polite in all talks with you.

Am I talking to myself now ?
I am a polite poster, you should not fib like that.

Oxymandias wrote:Furthermore, you don't even know what Zionism as a philosophy advocates so I recommend you stop fluctuating "anti-Zionism" with "anti-Semitism".

I have never ever called you an anti-semite.
Why do you say things like that ?
Do you do that on purpose or are you having serious reading comprehension issues ?

And by the way I know very well what Zionism is. You only think that you know what it is. My knowledge does not come from (biased) books and articles.
@Ter

That's the implication. You don't just assume one has insider knowledge of the government and not imply that he isn't affiliated with the government.

The difference between Arab insurgents and the Hamas is that the Hamas are their own state. You yourself have admitted this. The Arabs aren't like this at all. Based on this comment, you clearly haven't been following my reasoning. I stated that the Hamas are a de facto state of Palestine, not that it's fine to fund terrorists. You still think, for some unjustifiable reason that you haven't state, the Hamas are a terrorist organization and not a state (despite also admitting that they are a government) and thus you attribute your own reasoning to mine since you cannot, for even a second, suspend your disbelief and consider the Hamas as a state unto itself.

Yes, because identifying that the Hamas and Hezbollah are de facto states and are treated as such by neighboring countries is ignoring political common sense. You're the one here who thinks that countries send aid to other countries through the UN out of all places. :roll:

Except when I did disagree with you on anything, you've done nothing but insult me for doing so whilst not providing any backing for your own arguments. You're doing this right now.

That's because you probably associate "anti-Zionism" with "anti-semitism". If this isn't the case then what do you think Zionism is since you clearly don't know understand it based on the way you've used the term.

You think American and Israeli sources are biased? This is some major cognitive dissonance.
Oxymandias wrote:The difference between Arab insurgents and the Hamas is that the Hamas are their own state.

Those are just semantics, boss.
Hetzbolla is a militia based in Lebanon.
And in view of what they stand for and what they have done in the past, I call them a terrorist organisation.
Just like the US, the UN,most of the EU and many other places call them that.

Oxymandias wrote:Except when I did disagree with you on anything, you've done nothing but insult me for doing so whilst not providing any backing for your own arguments. You're doing this right now

Disagreeing with you is not the same as insulting you. I was not aware that you have such a fragile ego. If I recall correctly, you earlier called me an idiot many time.

Oxymandias wrote:That's because you probably associate "anti-Zionism" with "anti-semitism".

I have never confused those two. I do not know why you insist with these accusations, they are blatantly false.
First of all, Palestine isn't your country - you're from Ukraine. Secondly, it's easy for lots of people all over the world to speak against Israel, because it's a fascist apartheid state that tests weapons on prisoners, including imprisoned children, for one.

Palestine isnt a country at all :excited:

Maybe stop bombing and trying to destroy neighbouring countries, and they won't hate on you. :D Just an idea..

Maybe our neighbors should stop calling for our destruction and using terror against Israel and its civilians and than Israel will stop bombing them
Oxymandias wrote:Dude, it's public:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funding_of_Hezbollah

Iran gives Hezbollah only 9 million in funding per year.

I had a look at the Wiki article you provided:

Hezbollah also receives financial and political assistance, as well as weapons and training, from the Islamic Republic of Iran. The US estimates that Iran was giving Hezbollah about $60–$100 million per year in financial assistance but that assistance declined as other funding was secured, primarily from South America. Some estimates of Iran's aid are as high as $200-million annually.

Iran long denied supplying Hezbollah with weapons, despite persistent reports to the contrary. However, "Mohtashami Pur, a one-time ambassador to Lebanon who currently holds the title of secretary-general of the 'Intifada conference,' told an Iranian newspaper that Iran transferred the missiles to the Shi'ite militia, adding that Hezbollah has his country's blessing to use the weapons in defense of Lebanon". The Israel Defense Forces regard Hezbollah as virtually an arm of the Iranian armed forces; a senior Israeli defence official told Jane's Defence Weekly that "we should consider that what we are facing in Lebanon is not a militia but rather a special forces brigade of the Iranian Army." In an interview in 2007, Hezbollah Deputy Secretary-General Naim Kassem told the Iranian Arabic-language TV station al-Qawthar that all terrorist attacks and suicide bombings in Lebanon must be approved by the ayatollahs in Tehran;

So where did you get the figure of 9 million as Iran's contribution to Hezbollah ?
The article also confirms that Hezbollah only acts after obtaining approval from their Iranian godfathers.
Those are just semantics, boss.
Hetzbolla is a militia based in Lebanon.
And in view of what they stand for and what they have done in the past, I call them a terrorist organisation.
Just like the US, the UN,most of the EU and many other places call them that.

You can call them a terrorist organization, but they are functionally no longer one. Furthermore, they're a political party in Lebanon now.

Disagreeing with you is not the same as insulting you. I was not aware that you have such a fragile ego. If I recall correctly, you earlier called me an idiot many time.

You called me an idiot when I first disagreed with you. It seems to me that you're the one with the fragile ego.

I have never confused those two. I do not know why you insist with these accusations, they are blatantly false.

Despite using the term in ways in which they shouldn't be used? You literally used it as an adjective at one point.

I had a look at the Wiki article you provided:

1. It says that funding to Hezbollah by Iran has declined over the years.

but that assistance declined as other funding was secured, primarily from South America.

2. Furthermore the reference which claimed that Iran gives $200 million in aid to Hezbollah is from a Washington Post article with anonymous sources. This is why you check the references wikipedia provides.

3. I am unaware of any interview with Naim Kassem from 2007 and the reference leads to a link which, in turn, leads to a 404 screen. Thus, I cannot say for sure whether or not this was the case thus it confirms nothing.

Zionist Nationalist wrote:Palestine isnt a country at all :excited:

Funny that it says the land of Palestine in The Balfour Agreement, something people like you treat as a legal document. :D

Still, Palestine is a country, an occupied country and you're currently living on it.

Maybe our neighbors should stop calling for our destruction and using terror against Israel and its civilians and than Israel will stop bombing them

Even you have enough self-awareness for this type of hasbara, that reality and history don't support.

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]