Is the war between the United States and Iran inevitable? If so, what are the consequences? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@anasawad
I agree with most of what you said in your analysis.
In case Hezbollah engages with Israel it would have devastating consequences for the State of Lebanon as a whole. We have already seen in 2006 that Israel ran out of targets and started destroying Lebanon's infrastructure like power stations, elevated highways, and so on. A newer development is that Israel has announced the start of production of surface to surface missiles which could be launched as a counter attack against Lebanon (or any other country that attacks it). The reason is probably something like "anything you can do I can do better".
You mentioned the Palestinians a couple of times but as far as I can see they will be no match for the IDF at all. If they shoot rockets reaching Tel Aviv, I would not like to be on the other side of Israel's borders.
Anyway thanks @anasawad , I always enjoy reading your posts.
zionists and their lust for war and war and more war. I suppose it's not all their fault, that's all they know. Their state was built on terrorism on top of Palestine and that's all it's been involved in ever since it's 70 or so years. Do you guys never wonder where all this could lead to? How you might not have the upper hand in the future, etc.? When will it be time to rein in your psychopathy? Which country after Iran and the ones after that? When will this lust for war be satisfied, ever?

The days of the big nationalist bullies using 'gunboat' diplomacy to enforce their power centred ideas on 'lesser' nations smaller than themselves are over.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the fight in the dog that does.

Those small dogs nowadays pack a powerful punch.

So, before shaking the nation's fist at another smaller nation, think twice, or count to ten, because you might get more than you bargained for in return.
One Degree wrote:Iraq was done right militarily, but yes we screwed up the aftermath. Idealists always think people change quickly. We should have left immediately or took permanent possession. Wars for regime change are really stupid imo unless you just leave and don’t care who becomes the new regime.

Nonsense -

I don't quite see how it was done right in Iraq, unless you count 'two-bites'-of-the-cherry' as being 'right'?

BUSH Senior had the 'Mission Accomplished' petard around his tainted legacy, leaving it for junior to 'finish' the job.

Then there is the aftermath still going on today.

The so-called, 'Arab Spring' doesn't sound quite so liberating today, an assassin's bullet is more clinical, if it's possible.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of […]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]