Saudi Arabia-Jamal Khashoggi - Western Hypocrisy - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The Guardian wrote:Democrats on the US House intelligence committee will investigate Donald Trump’s response to the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi as part of a “deep dive” into US-Saudi Arabia ties, the committee’s incoming head said in a report published on Friday.

The committee will investigate the US intelligence assessment of Khashoggi’s death as well as the war in Yemen, the stability of the Saudi royal family and the kingdom’s treatment of critics and the press, the California representative Adam Schiff told the Washington Post.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment.

Saudigate on the way? That would be nice.

Maybe MBS means to be the Saudi Putin making his country great again, but he may turn out to be its Cameron actually. A total catastrophe, although supposed to be a role model for a complete generation.
Great. Things always work out so well for the US when Congress decides they should micro manage foreign affairs. Good morning Vietnam!
Beren wrote:US foreign policy must be in good hands with Trump as president. :lol:

I think so. Pragmatism is a welcome relief to erratic emotionalism.
Beren wrote:Pardon?

Granted the swamp things talk him into appeasing the emotionalism occasionally, but he is pragmatic in foreign policy.
Great Democrats already messed up Middle East with their meddling now they will mess up Saudi and US relation in their effort to take down Trump. They are like children who can not fathom what their actions will cause few years ahead of time.

I'm sure nothing can go wrong here with their "Deep Dive".
Yea but they run the risk of ruining Saudi US relations in process when Saudis are need to keep Iran in check and keep the oil pumping. They are sacrificing national interests for domestic gains for their own party that probably will not even materialize through this whole "Deep Dive". They might just end up causing problems for the whole country and nothing else.

It is really stupid. To put it bluntly.
Getting rid of the Saudis should be a top priority of any US government with a focus on national interests. The US is corrupt in and of itself, but the Saudis make it even worse, and they (together with Israel) will drag the US into an all-out Middle East war that could escalate further sooner or later.
So where are you going to get your oil from if Saudi government collapses or becomes hostile to US? This also will destabilise middle east. We have no clue what that will look like and the consequences of that.

Look I do not like the Saudis (especially because of the terrorism they promote) and personally I would like to see them go. But this is not the way to do it you have to have some sort of plan as what to do after. Judging by how Democrats handled Egypt, Libya, Syria I highly doubt they have any plan at all, especially considering they are not even in power and only hold congress.

All they are doing is distablasing middle east further with their actions. Again I have to say this is extremely shortsighted and stupid. Democrats seem to think that if we just get rid of the "bad guys" everything else will be rainbows after. They do not think ahead.
Albert wrote:Oil flows from Libya as well, but look what is happening to people in Valenzuela and Libya. What were the Democrats thinking when they got rid of Gaddafi? That Libya will become a strong and prosperous democracy?

They were thinking about the juicy speaker's fees they would get from Exxon, Goldman Sachs or Raytheon after they "did a job" for them.
Sure, @Albert , you hate the Democrats, but Gaddafi would have fallen sooner or later anyway. Maybe he'd be falling right now, who knows? Also, what do the Republicans think they'd get if the ayatollahs fell in Iran? Who could be sure something better would come?

Anyway, Trumpites used to be rather isolationists, but now that Trump is deeply involved with MBS, they've changed too and praise him for his "pragmatism". :lol:
Beren wrote:... Gaddafi would have fallen sooner or later anyway. ..

At his Nuremburg trial, Adolf Eichmann suggested to his lawyers that they use the "Those 6 million Jews and Gypsies would all have died eventually anyways" as a defence.

But his lawyers didn't think it would fly.

Shortening someone's life isn't okay, even if that person is mortal.

Maybe you need to re-read a lot of your texts?
Beren wrote:Sure, @Albert , you hate the Democrats, but Gaddafi would have fallen sooner or later anyway. Maybe he'd be falling right now, who knows? Also, what do the Republicans think they'd get if the ayatollahs fell in Iran? Who could be sure something better would come?

Anyway, Trumpites used to be rather isolationists, but now that Trump is deeply involved with MBS, they've changed too and praise him for his "pragmatism". :lol:

There is nothing contradictory with being ‘ rather isolationists’ and ‘pragmatism’. It simply means separating trade from other considerations in this instance. I don’t need to like them to trade for something I need.
QatzelOk wrote:At his Nuremburg trial, Adolf Eichmann suggested to his lawyers that they use the "Those 6 million Jews and Gypsies would all have died eventually anyways" as a defence.

But his lawyers didn't think it would fly.

Shortening someone's life isn't okay, even if that person is mortal.

Maybe you need to re-read a lot of your texts?

Or maybe I just shouldn't read yours since they're all the same or some random performances like this one comparing Gaddafi's fall to the holocaust.

Gaddafi's regime was ripe for falling, it wouldn't have fallen so easily otherwise. It would have died with him finally anyway, some people just couldn't wait until he dies. He may have thought he was immortal though, hence he didn't feel necessary to ensure his legacy. :lol:

Also, while @One Degree considers trade with Saudi Arabia important, he wouldn't mind cutting trade with Europe or abolishing global trade as a whole. :lol:
Albert wrote:Oil flows from Libya as well, but look what is happening to people in Valenzuela and Libya. What were the Democrats thinking when they got rid of Gaddafi? That Libya will become a strong and prosperous democracy?

These are all different stories. Do not mix one with another.

If you want to see how bankrupt and amoral the US is. Look at Egypt. Look at how Arab world's first ever democratically elected government Muslim Brotherhood was replaced by İsrael- Western backed dictator.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]