Saudi Arabia-Jamal Khashoggi - Western Hypocrisy - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

I don't see what business it is of ours what Saudi Arabia does to their citizens. Certainly it is not worth us going to war with them or making them enemies.
I say let Turkey and Saudi Arabia handle this problem and we stay out of it. We have enough other more important things to deal with than this nonsense.
Trump whose hatred of the press is well known would, no doubt, like to copy the Saudi dictator, King Salman and disappear a journalist or two.

[center-img]http://i65.tinypic.com/9vb08x.jpg[/center-img]
Most MSM reporters aren't journalistds. I can't think of one that hasn't sucked it up and pushed the party line, no doubt to keep his/her job.

Like this guy. He had to shill for the war on Syria because Qatar are paying his wages. But Qatar and the KSA aren't the best of friends these days, so:

A podcast about this story:
Do you have a source?

Because it was they who claimed they had video/audio evidence of the murder to begin with. Link is on the first page of this thread. And, there's video footage that's been released of Khashoggi walking into the embassy.

About that "Western Hypocrisy"
Joel Northam wrote:If the Iranian government sent hitmen to kill a WaPo journalist and chop his body into pieces Pulp Fiction style there would already be nuclear capable carrier strike groups in the Persian Gulf ready to pop off but because it's Saudi Arabia the Trump regime isn't batting an eye. I am, however, glad Trump was at least honest when he said that no action should be taken as to not interfere with the profit circulation of defense contractors instead of beating around the bush but my god.
[center-img]http://i67.tinypic.com/x2t155.jpg[/center-img]

Jamal Khashoggi is either dead or kidnapped. Take your pick.
This has just been released.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that Saudi Arabia’s crown prince intends to expand an investigation into missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi and that the prince did not know what happened in the Turkish consulate where Khashoggi apparently disappeared.
“Just spoke with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia who totally denied any knowledge of what took place in their Turkish Consulate,” Trump said on Twitter, referring to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. “He was with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo during the call, and told me that he has already started, and will rapidly expand, a full and complete investigation into this matter. Answers will be forthcoming shortly.”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-saudi ... KKCN1MQ2N3
Rancid wrote:The story has changed? I thought Turkey said it had straight up video of the moment the guy was killed? :?:

I didn't write the OP.
Don't believe anything you read unless it can be verified.
What seems certain is Jamal Khashoggi has entered the Saudia Arabia Consulate and has disappeared. The Saudia Arabia has produced no evidence that he left.
As I said earlier. He's been murdered or kidnapped. Take your pick.
anarchist23 wrote:As I said earlier. He's been murdered or kidnapped. Take your pick.

No matter which it is, it doesn't really matter I guess.

Business, jobs, and the geopolitics game are going to win out. Meaning, the US isn't going to go after the Saudis. Mainly because if the US cut ties with the Saudis, this means they might align more with Russia and China, which the US obviously doesn't want. Also, there are a boat load of US jobs/contracts that rely on US-Saudi ties. Not to mention, this guy wasn't a US citizen, so it's very easy for the US to feign like the care about this, but ultimately they'll just walk away from it all.

Western Hypocrisy? Sure, but no nation really cares about principles and morals. Is all of the above rational? Yes. Sad but true.
Last edited by Rancid on 16 Oct 2018 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
anarchist23 wrote:The Turkish police haven't found any trace Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi Arabian Embassy.

I asked where you heard about the above, considering the Turkish police claimed the opposite to begin with (and I'm guessing they still do). Did you mean none of his body parts?
anarchist23 wrote:The Turkish police haven't found any trace Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi Arabian Embassy.

skinster wrote:I asked where you heard about the above, considering the Turkish police claimed the opposite to begin with (and I'm guessing they still do). Did you mean none of his body parts?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saud ... SKCN1MQ05C

The Turkish have spent nine hours in the Saudi Arabian Consulate and haven't found Jamal Khashoggi whole or in bits. He's been kidnapped or murdered. Take your pick.
anarchist23 wrote:https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-politics-dissident-investigatio/pompeo-meets-saudi-king-on-khashoggi-case-turks-study-toxic-materials-idUSKCN1MQ05C

The Turkish have spent nine hours in the Saudi Arabian Consulate and haven't found Jamal Khashoggi whole or in bits. He's been kidnapped or murdered. Take your pick.

Nonsense - " Oh! hang on a minute guys, the FBI are on their way, send for the cleaners, we can't have Luminol making the floor, ceiling & walls glowing for our FBI guest". :evil: :roll:
The story the Turkish police initially gave was that he was killed and chopped up and taken out of the embassy in suitcases and that a forensics guy was part of the Saudi entourage. I thought when you said "any trace" of the journalist, you meant that he may have not ever been at the embassy, as the Saudis initially claimed.

Anyway:
@One Degree Your knowledge of propaganda is quite lacking, so quit pretending you know a journalist from a propagandist, because you quite clearly do not.

I found a relevant article:

Saudis Admit Journalist Khashoggi Died During Botched Assassination Attempt
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA—In a press conference ahead of a meeting with U.S. secretary of state Mike Pompeo, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman admitted Tuesday that journalist Jamal Khashoggi died during a botched assassination attempt. “We lured Mr. Khashoggi to our consulate in Turkey for what was supposed to be a straightforward, routine execution, but things went off the rails at some point during the torture portion, and he accidentally bled out,” said the crown prince, adding that under normal circumstances, journalists who negatively portray the Saudi regime are eliminated efficiently and without international uproar. “We offer our sincere apologies to the Khashoggi family for mishandling Jamal’s slaughter. This should have been a quick in-and-out death and dismemberment situation, not the drawn-out, hours-long bloodbath it turned into. We flubbed this one big time.” The crown prince also assured journalists that Saudi leaders plan to implement new murder guidelines to standardize future assassinations and reduce instances of bungled hits.
https://www.theonion.com/saudis-admit-j ... &utm_term=
Godstud wrote:@One Degree Your knowledge of propaganda is quite lacking, so quit pretending you know a journalist from a propagandist, because you quite clearly do not.

I found a relevant article:

Saudis Admit Journalist Khashoggi Died During Botched Assassination Attempt
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA—In a press conference ahead of a meeting with U.S. secretary of state Mike Pompeo, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman admitted Tuesday that journalist Jamal Khashoggi died during a botched assassination attempt. “We lured Mr. Khashoggi to our consulate in Turkey for what was supposed to be a straightforward, routine execution, but things went off the rails at some point during the torture portion, and he accidentally bled out,” said the crown prince, adding that under normal circumstances, journalists who negatively portray the Saudi regime are eliminated efficiently and without international uproar. “We offer our sincere apologies to the Khashoggi family for mishandling Jamal’s slaughter. This should have been a quick in-and-out death and dismemberment situation, not the drawn-out, hours-long bloodbath it turned into. We flubbed this one big time.” The crown prince also assured journalists that Saudi leaders plan to implement new murder guidelines to standardize future assassinations and reduce instances of bungled hits.
https://www.theonion.com/saudis-admit-j ... &utm_term=

They are so indifferent & arrogant towards the global community, even Hitler would have taken some notice of global opinion.
Do the murderous Saudi regime plan to charge the KHARSHOGGI family 'overtime' premium rates for the additional time it took to murder a family member compared to the 'normal' time it takes? :hmm: :x

The Saudi are so cock-a-hoop with their murderous methods that it is just so banal, as if they are apologising for their inefficiency, just like the NAZIS, who invented more efficient methods of killing Jews in WW2.

No questions about what is so plainly obvious, that there can never be a justification for killing anyone, just doesn't cross their minds, which tells you that this is happening on a regular basis.

As for TRUMP, it's commonly understood that he is missing a few cranial connections, such that he is publicly conjuring up fictitious scenarios around the killing, so as to avoid a public humiliation when the inevitable back-pedalling on his rhetoric about punishing the Saudi's occurs, following the collection of evidence. :moron:
Nonsense wrote:

They are so indifferent & arrogant towards the global community, even Hitler would have taken some notice of global opinion.
Do the murderous Saudi regime plan to charge the KHARSHOGGI family 'overtime' premium rates for the additional time it took to murder a family member compared to the 'normal' time it takes? :hmm: :x

The Saudi are so cock-a-hoop with their murderous methods that it is just so banal, as if they are apologising for their inefficiency, just like the NAZIS, who invented more efficient methods of killing Jews in WW2.

No questions about what is so plainly obvious, that there can never be a justification for killing anyone, just doesn't cross their minds, which tells you that this is happening on a regular basis.

As for TRUMP, it's commonly understood that he is missing a few cranial connections, such that he is publicly conjuring up fictitious scenarios around the killing, so as to avoid a public humiliation when the inevitable back-pedalling on his rhetoric about punishing the Saudi's occurs, following the collection of evidence. :moron:

Dude, look at the source he posted.... :lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of […]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]