Saudi Arabia-Jamal Khashoggi - Western Hypocrisy - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@Rugoz

I was referring to their actions regarding Donald Trump. Either way, the current administration is probably happy that a “fake news” journalist bites the dust. It’s beneficial to them and Saudi Arabia. The US also has no obligation to retaliate since the journalist was Saudi Arabian and just lived in the US and wrote for a US magazine.
Oxymandias wrote:@Rugoz

I was referring to their actions regarding Donald Trump. Either way, the current administration is probably happy that a “fake news” journalist bites the dust. It’s beneficial to them and Saudi Arabia. The US also has no obligation to retaliate since the journalist was Saudi Arabian and just lived in the US and wrote for a US magazine.

He actually 'worked' in the USA.

To say that, "The US also has no obligation to retaliate since the journalist was Saudi Arabian and just lived in the US and wrote for a US magazine", is not to give reason to say or do nothing.

Western countries(tongue-in-cheek)live by the 'rule-of-law', there are no territorial borders where the law doesn't apply, that's why there are international agreements to arrest, deport alleged 'criminals' that commit offences in one country & then 'escape' accountability for their actions by going abroad.

The US has obligations to 'foreign' nationals living in or working from the US, who are subjected to illegal sanctions by foreign regimes who think because they 'control' populations, can assassinate those whom they wish to, without accountability under International Law, of which they are in contravention of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Perhaps unsurprising is the fact that Saudi Arabia & the USA are two states of eight that have either not signed up to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, of which the, 'Right to Life' is one such right, or has signed, but NOT ratified that Declaration.
Last edited by Nonsense on 12 Oct 2018 13:24, edited 2 times in total.
Yea, I do have to say that the insinuation that he was a proper US journalist feels misleading.

Also, he was only a Washington Post contributor (i.e. guest columnist) as far as I can tell, meaning he wasn't really a regular/full time writer/employee for them.

None the less, there's no evidence of his death at all. The images don't prove anything! Where's the evidence the Saudis did it? :lol:

More seriously:
Why do we want the US to do something about this? I thought we hated the US meddling in the affairs of other nations (Turkey and Saudi Arabia)?
Rancid wrote:Yea, I do have to say that the insinuation that he was a US journalist is a mistake.

Also, he was only a Washington Post contributor (i.e. guest columnist) as far as I can tell, meaning he wasn't really a regular/full time writer/employee for them.

NOne the less, there's no evidence of his death at all. The images don't prove anything! Where's the evidence the Saudis did it?

Khashoggi was a resident of America, that alone gives him protection.

There is 'evidence' of him being tortured & killed at the Saudi Consulate, where he was lured into that situation, by being made to collect his divorce papers from that location.

He was lured to that location, where he was abducted, tortured & murdered through extrajudicial state sponsored killing.

The Turkish government have the evidence necessary to prove the case, they have the circumstantial evidence, they have electronic intelligence.
You do NOT need to be inside a building to witness such things, intelligence equipment is highly sophisticated & almost invisible to the eye.
There are cameras that see through solid brick walls, combined with AV recordings that are forensically analysed.

Also, why would someone who has the intention of only collecting divorce papers, NOT leave that building once he had entered it?

In America, the above evidence would be deemed sufficient to arrest & prosecute a case.

The relationship that America has is not one of shared morals, how can it be, it is one of oil money that America has to buy back from $ TRILLION's spent on Arab oil, by selling arms to the Saudi, in order to balance it's trade account & influence abroad in that part of the world.

It's no accident that those two countries do not implement the UDHR, because it cramps their style of politics.
It is hilarious how everyone flip flops on interference with other countries. Many even don’t see the absurdity of believing tweets are unacceptable but bombing is fine.
Nonsense wrote:Khashoggi was a resident of America, that alone gives him protection.
Nonsense wrote:Khashoggi was a resident of America, that alone gives him protection.

There is 'evidence' of him being tortured & killed at the Saudi Consulate, where he was lured into that situation, by being made to collect his divorce papers from that location.

He was lured to that location, where he was abducted, tortured & murdered through extrajudicial state sponsored killing.

The Turkish government have the evidence necessary to prove the case, they have the circumstantial evidence, they have electronic intelligence.
You do NOT need to be inside a building to witness such things, intelligence equipment is highly sophisticated & almost invisible to the eye.
There are cameras that see through solid brick walls, combined with AV recordings that are forensically analysed.

Also, why would someone who has the intention of only collecting divorce papers, NOT leave that building once he had entered it?

In America, the above evidence would be deemed sufficient to arrest & prosecute a case.

The relationship that America has is not one of shared morals, how can it be, it is one of oil money that America has to buy back from $ TRILLION's spent on Arab oil, by selling arms to the Saudi, in order to balance it's trade account & influence abroad in that part of the world.

It's no accident that those two countries do not implement the UDHR, because it cramps their style of politics.

I wasn't being serious there was no evidence of his murder. I'm just making fun of the Skripal thread.

Anyway,

With respect to being a resident, are you saying he was a green card holder of the US? I've not seen that yet.
Beren wrote:The Americans obviously take it as the Saudis killed one of their own on foreign soil. Just because he resided and worked in the US they won't consider it an American issue.

Exactly. Which, if people let down their biases a bit. This is a standard politics game move.

That said, I do want to see confirmation if he was a US green card holder (Permanent resident). That changes things a bit. However, I'm not sure it rises to the occasion of the US is now obligated to do something. A green card just say's you're allowed to stay in the US. You are not afforded all the benefits that citizens get.

All that said. Why is anyone here angry that the US isn't doing anything? I thought that's what we want? I thought we want the US to not get involved in stuff abroad.
Rancid wrote:I wasn't being serious there was no evidence of his murder. I'm just making fun of the Skripal thread.

Anyway,

With respect to being a resident, are you saying he was a green card holder of the US? I've not seen that yet.

NONSENSE:

He was a resident, not a migrant unable to support himself without taxpayers money.

Unlike in the UK, where this TORY government have let in millions of migrants, a 'TORY' Party & government that 'believes' in [b]LOW TAXATION(for the RICH & BETTER OFF), funded by Benefit CUTS for those who need it most of course.
Beren wrote:I wonder if it does. Was he a US citizen? Did he have US relatives?

They had to allure him from the US because they didn't want to kill him on US soil. Khashoggi falsely believed he'd be safe in Istanbul.

Some would say he was naïve , particularly when it's common knowledge that the Saudi 'lure' dissidents & others back into the country or overseas consulates for that very purpose.

Again, the Saudi would want to do that sort of thing overseas, because it's not in their backyard & they (wrongly) think it would involve no comeback.

Obviously, they don't read the world's newspapers(Skripal's -Salisbury, where it's 'alleged' to have happened).
Going to another country and expecting US protection is ultimate imperialism. No country should allow our citizens in under that possibility. This should be strictly between Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
Rancid wrote:Clearly, you do not understand my question. What does taxes have to do with this? :?:

Do you know what the 'Green Card' is?

He was obviously a Green Card holder, he was in the USA as a 'broadcaster', as working in the media.

That being so, he was not a burden on American taxpayers for support, therefore he was able to support himself, a quality ALL countries should compel migrants to prove before being eligible for semi, or permanent residency status.
Last edited by Nonsense on 12 Oct 2018 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
Nonsense wrote:Do you know what the 'Green Card' is?

yes, it makes you a permanent resident. My question is, did he have one? Has this been confirmed? Or was he in the US on just a VISA? I was trying to look this up, and I've not found an answer either way.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://youtu.be/B8OL2t0-78I

@FiveofSwords " because of your race &qu[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 5, Friday Chamberlain: Hitler has missed […]

And the question you need to ask yourself, whos f[…]