Black voters ordered off bus; Georgia county defends action - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Libertarian353 wrote:You got to understand, Blacks have low IQ due to welfare policies and thug culture. They're too institutionalize to vote anything else. So in a way, the police has know to have good relations with the blacks since majority of them are republican has save them from democratic plantation.

Isn't that right? @Hindsite

You are mostly right for a change.
Keep it up. Praise the Lord.
Libertarian353 wrote:@One Degree

So do you believe that racism exist now? The Black man's party is using Klan tactics to stop them from voting for "them".

Ofcourse racism exist with people of all races. It is total absurdity white Americans are accused of being exceptionally racist. They totally distort world history to promulgate this stereotype. Racism no longer exist to a level that it places severe hardships on anyone. I believe it has fallen below unattractive people for example.

We discriminate for all kinds of reasons and at some point you must just do your best to deal with it.
This should not have happened. It would sound OK if the republicans were not already openly attempting to suppress minority voting across the country. There is a new story every day.

I thought it had been settled that partisan groups could not transport voters.

Really? Transporting voters is an integral part of any get out the vote effort.

If these are really old blacks there is a fair chance that they are republican.

And, it is Georgia. Almost as racist as Ohio and Montana.
It should be taken into consideration this is a ‘traveling group’. They are not members of the community. I, ofcourse, object to any outside pressure on local populations.

Edit: Also, if there was no intent to influence the passengers then why does it take a group to drive a bus?
People in this thread are forgetting that Black Voters Matter is a non-partisan group.

:D

Yes. Some are. Or are they simply remembering that the republican party has become the party of racists.
@Drlee

They also forgot that the black senior citizens asked Black Voters Matter to to take them to the ballots. :)

@One Degree

They are registered as a non-partisan group. They legally cannot be partisan. The point of Black Voters Matter as an organization is to encourage African Americans to vote. It doesn’t matter what party they’re voting for or what they believe in, what matters is that they vote. If BVM only encouraged Democratic African Americans to vote then they would be breaking the law and would be removed of their status as a non-partisan organization.
Oxymandias wrote:@Drlee

They also forgot that the black senior citizens asked Black Voters Matter to to take them to the ballots. :)

@One Degree

They are registered as a non-partisan group. They legally cannot be partisan. The point of Black Voters Matter as an organization is to encourage African Americans to vote. It doesn’t matter what party they’re voting for or what they believe in, what matters is that they vote. If BVM only encouraged Democratic African Americans to vote then they would be breaking the law and would be removed of their status as a non-partisan organization.

Yes and the media in the US has an obligation to be truthful so they must be. Unions are required by law to never steal from union funds, so they never do.
If it looks like a rat, and smells like a rat...
@One Degree

Except we have no reason to believe it’s a rat. I have looked into BVM and based on what I’ve found it seems to be a legitimate non-partisan organization. Nothing it has done both in its history and here is any indication of partisanship. They were just getting some senior citizens, who asked to take them to vote, to the ballots. There’s nothing partisan about this.

Furthermore, US media and unions aren’t required by law to post the truth or not to take from union funds. For self-proclaimed non-partisan organizations however, there is a legal precedent to its status and such a status can be revoked at any given time assuming the appropriate conditions. This is what makes this situation different.
Oxymandias wrote:@One Degree

Except we have no reason to believe it’s a rat. I have looked into BVM and based on what I’ve found it seems to be a legitimate non-partisan organization. Nothing it has done both in its history and here is any indication of partisanship. They were just getting some senior citizens, who asked to take them to vote, to the ballots. There’s nothing partisan about this.

Furthermore, US media and unions aren’t required by law to post the truth or not to take from union funds. For self-proclaimed non-partisan organizations however, there is a legal precedent to its status and such a status can be revoked at any given time assuming the appropriate conditions. This is what makes this situation different.

Stealing from union funds is a crime and is so common it is basically a joke in the US.
There are a couple reasons to be suspicious. The seniors already had transportation provided for voting and had no need to ask for other transportation. I am not even sure this was even stated.
It does not take a group to drive a bus. What were the other members of the group there for?
Why did they not check whether there would be a problem? You don’t remove people from a place like that without talking to the people in charge.
Zagadka wrote:So the basic situation is Republicans complaining about vote fraud, Democrats about closing polling places?

I find far more evidence for the latter.

In Georgia, the closing of polling places was to save money by consolidating places with few voters. That just makes good financial sense. No person's right to vote was taken away. I have also been assigned to a different polling place. That is no big deal and neither is showing identification.
Pffft. Election day should be one day we are happy to give as many people access to polls as possible. It should be a federal holiday and polling places should be as common as school and post offices.
Zagadka wrote:Pffft. Election day should be one day we are happy to give as many people access to polls as possible. It should be a federal holiday and polling places should be as common as school and post offices.

Here in Georgia, we have many polling places; but to make it easier for everyone, and less crowded on voting day, each voter is assigned a voting place close to their home. Actually, we don't have to wait until election day to vote, since the early voting is already in place in Richmond County. One can also vote by mail with an absentee ballot. So if one really wants to vote, there is no excuse. HalleluYah.
@One Degree

How do you know seniors already had transportation to got to the ballots and how does this delegitimatize their request for BVM to take them there?

Probably because they want to vote as well. It isn't just senior citizens.

Because they have probably done this before (such as taking seniors to vote) and didn't have to ask the permission of the people in charge.

@FiveofSwords Also, don't get too hung up on g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]