Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence - Page 26 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Oh, really? Which translation?

You should read a book.

Code: Select allhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SEGJF8
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z71VJJS
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SEHQD2
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ODEPPS
These people need access to mental health services not bathrooms.

Correct. But in the US mental health care is a perk of wealth. We have little for those who can't afford it. So they muddle along as best they can. We would much rather embrace dramatic action than to decide that early treatment is in everyone's best interest.
I agree with POD. Mental health treatment is not an option. Our broken system not only results in really miserable people but also costs us a ton of money.

Why can't we, a supposedly Christian nation, simply decide to care for one-another when we are ill.
Drlee wrote:I agree with POD. Mental health treatment is not an option. Our broken system not only results in really miserable people but also costs us a ton of money.

Why can't we, a supposedly Christian nation, simply decide to care for one-another when we are ill.

As you say, it costs us a ton of money, because we have decided to give medical care to those that need it, regardless of their ability to pay. We can't continue to do that without requiring payment for the medical services.
As you say, it costs us a ton of money, because we have decided to give medical care to those that need it, regardless of their ability to pay. We can't continue to do that without requiring payment for the medical services.

There is payment for the medical services. We all pay. Just add to the mental health care the cost of crime, and disrupted families, loss of productivity, drug abuse.......

There is no free lunch Hindsite. We do not provide treatment for SMI people and in the end that costs us much more.

I know this is hard for you to consider but seriously mentally ill people can't work and pay for their treatment. Some can, with treatment work and support themselves. Many of the later are not given this opportunity because they are denied treatment because too many of we ostensibly sane people, can't seem to bring ourselves to care or even act in our own enlightened self-interest.
Drlee wrote:There is payment for the medical services. We all pay. Just add to the mental health care the cost of crime, and disrupted families, loss of productivity, drug abuse.......

There is no free lunch Hindsite. We do not provide treatment for SMI people and in the end that costs us much more.

I know this is hard for you to consider but seriously mentally ill people can't work and pay for their treatment. Some can, with treatment work and support themselves. Many of the later are not given this opportunity because they are denied treatment because too many of we ostensibly sane people, can't seem to bring ourselves to care or even act in our own enlightened self-interest.

That is why they should be put in mental institutions. We already have psychiatric hospitals, also known as mental hospitals, mental asylums or simply asylums, specializing in the treatment of serious mental illness.
That is why they should be put in mental institutions.

Wait. You want to put people in mental institutions at government expense when relatively inexpensive treatment is available to keep them out of institutions? Typical big spending liberal, I see.

We already have psychiatric hospitals, also known as mental hospitals, mental asylums or simply asylums, specializing in the treatment of serious mental illness.

We have far too few. They are extremely expensive to maintain. Since Obamacare there has been some improvement in mental health care but not that much. And, of course, republicans want to cut that out entirely.
Drlee wrote:Wait. You want to put people in mental institutions at government expense when relatively inexpensive treatment is available to keep them out of institutions?

Well, that is what the politicians and judges have decided, just as they put some in prison. I am not aware of this so-called inexpensive treatment.

Drlee wrote:Since Obamacare there has been some improvement in mental health care but not that much. And, of course, republicans want to cut that out entirely.

I am not aware of improvement in anything under Obamacare and it keeps getting more expensive.
I am not aware of this so-called inexpensive treatment.

Obviously.

I am not aware of improvement in anything under Obamacare and it keeps getting more expensive.

Obviously. You do not know. So you oppose it without learning about it. Republican to the core I see.
Drlee wrote:I agree with POD. Mental health treatment is not an option. Our broken system not only results in really miserable people but also costs us a ton of money.

So, if it is not an option, it's better to have mentally ill people running around society while the normal people are told to pretend that everything is normal and just play along with the idea that the ideas of the mentally ill are normal and rational? In the end, your body is either male or female, just based upon biology of the human. It is the mental side that should be worked on solving. We shouldn't just accept this as normal.
So, if it is not an option, it's better to have mentally ill people running around society while the normal people are told to pretend that everything is normal and just play along with the idea that the ideas of the mentally ill are normal and rational?
nice uninformed opinion there. You're on a roll, today, it seems.

It isn't up to you, personally, to determine what's normal or not, thankfully. There are medical professionals with real education to call upon.

Eauz wrote:In the end, your body is either male or female, just based upon biology of the human.
Yes, and that's your sex, not your gender. Your DNA doesn't change, but still the DNA isn't even that cut and dried in many cases. There's a whole range in there from male to female, where most people lie.

Gender isn't based on biology, either, but rather culture, sociology and psychology.

Eauz wrote:We shouldn't just accept this as normal.
"Normal" is a very vague term. Strictly speaking, no one is absolutely 'normal' by societal standards. We accept different on a daily basis, so your belief is sort of silly.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Settlement program is an example of slow ethn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]