Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence - Page 25 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@Pants-of-dog , you used to say that rights came from what the people and the society said that rights were.

How is it possible to be discriminated against in a political sense (e.g., have your rights abridged) if the consensus is that you have no right to be free from being judged for your personal actions and identity?

In a world without meaning, where does the meaning come from that allows you to make that judgment call?
@Pants-of-dog , you used to say that rights came from what the people and the society said that rights were.

People in society make macro decisions about rights which are enshrined in a constitution.
The make lesser decisions, such as what public accommodation should be made through law. The thing is though that law is always subordinate to the constitution. What Trump is messing with are some administrative regulations. Don't forget that. He does not have the authority to act contrary to the constitution. That is what is being debated here. Look at the title of the thread.

You have taken a sharp turn to the right in recent years Verve. What happened?
Verv wrote:@Pants-of-dog , you used to say that rights came from what the people and the society said that rights were.

How is it possible to be discriminated against in a political sense (e.g., have your rights abridged) if the consensus is that you have no right to be free from being judged for your personal actions and identity?

In a world without meaning, where does the meaning come from that allows you to make that judgment call?

Discrimination can occur even without “having your rights abridged”, whatever that means. In fact, one way to be discriminated against is to have no rights according to the state or community.

This seems like an odd question.
Drlee wrote:Yes One Degree. Again you don't have a clue what you are talking about. It is getting a bit absurd.

LGBT

Pay attention now. There could be a test:

L stands for Lesbian. That was illegal in 1924. Actually for well into my adulthood in many places.

G stands for Gay. That was illegal in 1924. Actually for well into my adulthood in many places.

B stands for Bisexual. Since that includes homosexual sex it was illegal in 1924.

T stands for Transsexual. That was illegal in 1924 because "impersonating" someone of the opposite sex was illegal in many places.

So what, exactly was done wrong other than giving you the opportunity to make yourself look stupid again?

I read your post three times trying to find something to reply to, but you didn’t actually say anything, did you?
Just more of, “I will ignore reality and post nonsense and insults .” Ask the Democrats to give your brain back.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I mean, do you have any argument at all?

Well, I don’t think it is fair they force a high rise dumpster on senior citizens. It should not be my job to open the lids twice a week so others can dispose of their garbage. Do you agree or disagree?
Godstud wrote:"God" made everything according to you, so you're wrong. :lol: God even made people who look male but feel female, and vice versa. Your argument that your God did only what you think he did, is inane.

I did not say God made everything. God did not make our houses or our cars and many other things, such as trans people. I know because I have read the Holy Bible. So that makes me smarter than you.
HalleluYah
The Bible's nothing more than a fiction created by morons 3000 years ago that only idiots take literally. It has no relevance in modern society, where we've advanced past primitive idiocy, that embraced misogyny, genocide, intolerance and stupidity.
Leviticus 11:13-19 New International Version (NIV)

13 “‘These are the birds you are to regard as unclean and not eat because they are unclean: the eagle,[a] the vulture, the black vulture, 14 the red kite, any kind of black kite, 15 any kind of raven, 16 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, 17 the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, 18 the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, 19 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.

God thinks a bat is a bird.
Hindsite wrote:The Holy Bible was written correct the first time.
:eh: It's been translated and changed hundreds of times. You've really no knowledge of the Bible, have you?

How the Bible has changed over the past 2,000 years
The Bible is the most widely read book in the history of the world, far outselling any other book, with 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years. Many believe it contains the actual word of God.

But many people don't realize that over the past 2,000 years, this sacred text has changed a great deal. No "first edition" exists. What we have are copies, the first of which were made hundreds of years after the events supposedly took place.

For the first 100 to 200 years, copies of the Bible were made by hand … and not by professionals. This led to many errors, omissions, and — most importantly — changes.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bible-c ... el-2015-11

Why do I have to teach you this about something you should already be well aware of?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

They do know that entering a foreign country with[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]

@FiveofSwords " black " Genetically[…]