In dramatic swing right, Jair Bolsonaro wins Brazil's presidential election - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

B0ycey wrote:Wow!!! That is pretty damn dumb, as Trump is friggin' dumb!!! :lol:

Most people are too ignorant about Geopolitcs and history to understand the significance of Bolsonaro and Trump and who is really the puppet masters. In both cases, Brazil and USA, the master puppets is the military. There's certainly many internal issues that helped them raise to power but what will maintain them in power and what is maintaining Trump alive is another issue and is very much connected to a series of international issues.

We are seeing a Chess Game, likely the changing of this world order to another. It might seem that Bolsonaro is the consequence of Brexit or Trump but in fact Brazil is preparing for this outcome since 2012.

There's a lot in stake for USA but way more for South America and Europe. I wont get too much with it but let's say that the alignment of USA-Brazil in a series of geopolitics views will change the dynamic. For USA and for South America this alignment is essential as the Chinese One Belt One Road issue would affect the economics tremendously in both countries as much as the FED/Central Banks are sustained by Brazil's internal debt and USA external debt and print of the dollar by the FED. If USA lost 2 billions in the last decade, Brazil lost amusing 17 billions.

Not to mention the detail that Brazil has one of the oldest and most advanced bank system in the world. Banco do Brasil was the 4th bank in the world to print their own money, BB dates from 17th century. Until 2015 Brazil's National Investment Bank (BNDES) had more money and gold than the World Bank.

Brazil was the last Western country to enter the Central Bank System in 1986. Obviously the BC system only entered Brazil when the Military Regime fell.

We also have a severe cultural problem on the rise, a cultural battle in which weird enough USA's most strategic partner will inevitably become Brazil. Texas and Rio have a lot of Gold, a ridiculous amount of military and oil. You know when Texas asked for their Gold back in 2016, they didn't had it to give it to them.

In my previous comment I mentioned the Biocean road Brazil is gonna build connecting Brazil to the Pacific through Chile. That plan exists since the 70´ and was always seen as a huge problem for USA. By now I think USA decided to stop being a bish and decided that Brazil on their side was worth open hand of certain things they never truly had any right to interfere in the first place.

Remember also that in the 80' Brazil was under sanctions for building their own Nuclear Program and they not only have one of the largest reserves of Uranium, as the largest Nuclear Plan (Angra 1) as they also have the complete cycle of Uranium enrichment.

Don't let the fake news fool you, what is happening with the election of Bolsonaro will directly affect China and EU plans. China means a lot to Brazil and USA, but on the other hand if they add the population USA-Brazil will make up good 520 millions. Still half of China but a giant market and something that China can't afford to loose by any meanings or they will go broke in 1 month.
Our failure as a species to change with changing planetary conditions, has meant that we are now repeating failures from the past as if they are new and will work this time.

Leaders like Trump and Bolsonaro, who propose policies that have failed very hard in the past, are only convincing to people who are totally ignorant of history and that there is nothing new to see here. Just desparately ignorant people clutching at straws that will fail them.

When Bolsonaro fails, there will be a lot of pressure to find "the reason" he failed. And this will mean more violence and more failure.

The most dangerous thing for a democracy is an ignorant electorate. And that's what capitalism delivers - an ignorant electorate that embraces failed strategies from the past.
QatzelOk wrote:Our failure as a species to change with changing planetary conditions, has meant that we are now repeating failures from the past as if they are new and will work this time.

Leaders like Trump and Bolsonaro, who propose policies that have failed very hard in the past, are only convincing to people who are totally ignorant of history and that there is nothing new to see here. Just desparately ignorant people clutching at straws that will fail them.

When Bolsonaro fails, there will be a lot of pressure to find "the reason" he failed. And this will mean more violence and more failure.

The most dangerous thing for a democracy is an ignorant electorate. And that's what capitalism delivers - an ignorant electorate that embraces failed strategies from the past.

This is not a failed policy from the past. It is part of a cycle of the past we are too ignorant to recognize and believe each reincarnation is unique and superior to the past. Empire rejected by a return to nationalism. Liberal Globalism is being rejected just like Communism was and every aspiring empire in history. The default is nationalism until the ‘next great idea’ comes along to brainwash the world. It is unfair to only blame one half of the cycle especially when the nationalism part is protecting you from permanent indoctrination.
One Degree wrote:This is not a failed policy from the past. It is part of a cycle of the past we are too ignorant to recognize and believe each reincarnation is unique and superior to the past. Empire rejected by a return to nationalism..

You're being too abstract here. When I said that these fake-new leaders propose policies that have failed hard in the past, I'm talking about the actual things they want to get done.

Bolsonaro wants to "reduce crime" by increasing gun consumption. This has failed hard elsewhere. It will predicatbly lead to a vast increase in violence in Brazil.

He wants to "reduce poverty" by privatizing Brazil's natural resources and utilities. Once again, this has failed so many times it looked like satire when he proposed it.

And so on. It's more media retards lapping up snake oil. That's already been disproven as useless or even dangerous just recently. A few blocks away. Over and over. And everywhere it's been tried.

I guess decline can't really be rationalized. It just happens.
QatzelOk wrote:You're being too abstract here. When I said that these fake-new leaders propose policies that have failed hard in the past, I'm talking about the actual things they want to get done.

Bolsonaro wants to "reduce crime" by increasing gun consumption. This has failed hard elsewhere. It will predicatbly lead to a vast increase in violence in Brazil.

He wants to "reduce poverty" by privatizing Brazil's natural resources and utilities. Once again, this has failed so many times it looked like satire when he proposed it.

And so on. It's more media retards lapping up snake oil. That's already been disproven as useless or even dangerous just recently. A few blocks away. Over and over. And everywhere it's been tried.

I guess decline can't really be rationalized. It just happens.

I understood what you meant and I agree, but this is no more ignorant of the ‘peasants’ than it is for the ‘highly educated’ to embrace the next ‘new world ideology’ to solve everything. They are equally ignorant and it should be recognized. The inability to see beyond today’s problems and solutions is universal and keeps us all repeating the same mistakes. Yes, we are all ignorant and we can’t wait to embrace the next ‘one solution for all’.
In summary, I just jumped on an opening to beat my own drum. :)
Code Rood wrote:https://www.timesofisrael.com/brazils-bolsonaro-reaffirms-plan-to-move-embassy-to-jerusalem/

He cares so much for Brazil that one of his first acts is to please a foreign country. Does he have to make it this obvious that he's a Zionist shill? Couldn't he at least wait a year to make this move?

Would you really expect him to be so smart? Was being smart and patient he won with? Also, the future is always uncertain, so the most important things should be done first, and the very utmost important thing to do is to serve and please your masters. Moving that embassy is very easy to do anyway, so it's so easy for him to deliver in this case that it must be very hard not to do so as soon as possible.
Politiks wrote:... Still half of China but a giant market and something that China can't afford to loose by any meanings or they will go broke in 1 month.

Maybe the agenda of most world leaders (or more importantly, people) is this very last prediction.

So even if we look only at haplotypes found in a […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Seems like there's a lot of cursing of Ukraine's 1[…]

@wat0n It is seen as unacceptable and abnormal[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]