In dramatic swing right, Jair Bolsonaro wins Brazil's presidential election - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Rugoz wrote:You missed the point. I was making fun of your whining about political correctness. Politicians don't attack voters for a reason. What Hillary did was dumb, but it was honest.

No it wasn’t. It demonstrated a complete alienation from reality. It uses an outdated stereotype as representing current voters. It is an attempt to portray people as something they know they are not. It can only backfire with them. It is intended only for those who are clueless and are easily manipulated by giving them a sense of superiority. You know, like what Hitler did. :)
Rugoz wrote:People voted for Trump for all kinds of reasons I guess, but some of them are certainly deplorable Trumpsters, not least many of his supporters here on Pofo.

Once you decide to place a label on someone, everything they say is filtered to justify the label. Selective perception. I doubt there is a person on here who has not been mystified by how they could have been so poorly understood.
Hong Wu wrote:reading quotes from him has made me laugh out loud more than once.

He is pretty funny.

Humor is an often underrated and under-reported reason for the rise of guys like Trump and Bolsonaro.

Regular people find politically incorrect jokes based on stereotypes to be hilarious and "down to earth," and these populists have tapped into that.

The left's outrage at these sorts of remarks only galvanizes the support for these parties because its the "politically correct elite" that scorn the sincere beliefs of these peoples and often demonstrate their humorless cruelty in punishing people for making "offensive jokes."

The irony that the far-right has taken over "offensive humor" which was once the exclusive capital of the left in its mockery of "squares" and "religious values" is perhaps the greatest sense of poetic justice that God has provided us in the 21st century.......or could just be a sign that anti-intellectual nihilism cuts both ways and is no respecter of the political spectrum, i.e.; anyone can be a mocking cynic.

Who knows......

*Grabs Popcorn*
I don’t want a partner, but I would prefer to select my own than have the state do it for me. :)
I can see the headlines if liberal globalism was allowed to succeed.
“Population decimated, cause unknown.”
“The accusations by the radical racist homophobes that this is due to the law only allowing same sex marriages is an outrageous lie.”
Beren wrote:But you still do realise it's a very scary time for young men in America, don't you? So much so that they need some presidential support it seems. :lol:

I doubt that is a significant factor, but I am sure it has entered some people’s minds. :)
Beren wrote:Dubya had a sense of humour, I've not yet realised Trump does.

Don't be daft, no one remembers or knows dubya for being funny. Meanwhile, Trump rallies are basically just stand-up routines where he riles up his based using humor and mockery.

Bolsonaro is very similar in this regards.
Politiks wrote:Bolsonaro didn't praise Pinochet

He only said his regime "should have killed more people".

Victoribus Spolia wrote:no one remembers or knows dubya for being funny. Meanwhile, Trump rallies are basically just stand-up routines where he riles up his based using humor and mockery.

I do remember Dubya being funny many times.

Goodreads wrote:“If this were a dictatorship it would be a heck of a lot easier... as long as I'm the dictator. Hehehe.”
― George W. Bush

This is humorous self-irony, but it would be preferred in Britain more than in America perhaps. Trump's stand-up comedy is just cheap mockery and mugging. Is it Americans consider a great sense of humour indeed? :?:
Beren wrote:I do remember Dubya being funny many times.

OK sure, you found him funny, congrats.

Fact is, he was not known, as a political agent, to be a force of using mockery and humor as an overarching political approach in any way even remotely comparable to Trump.

How many Dubya rallies made headlines because of his latest nickname or joke? Hmmmmmm???

Exactly.
Beren wrote:Trump makes headlines because he's outrageous, not because he's funny.

That goes to my point though, those who find him outrageous and offensive are the people that oppose him and such is the reason his supporters like him. They find that crazy shit he says hilarious.

"Pocohantos was hilarious" "Rocket man" was hilarious, "Shit-hole countries" was hilarious. Because average working joes think and say this stuff in the lunch room all the time.

His rosie O donnel jabs were hilarious, his making fun of "Ratings" of the networks are hilarious.

He makes his people laugh about stuff they were made to feel scared to talk about out loud.

Bolsonaro is no different.

Check this shit out, its fucking hilarious.

If you don't think its funny, and only outrageous, you've basically proven my point.

https://g.redditmedia.com/aC40KARNkCFdB ... e5862c0043

:lol:
Victoribus Spolia wrote:That goes to my point though, those who find him outrageous and offensive are the people that oppose him and such is the reason his supporters like him. They find that crazy shit he says hilarious.

I get that, I just don't see how pure mockery and mugging is so much fun even if you're a Trumpite. I opposed Dubya too, but he had a sense of humour indeed and even his dumb moments could be fun. Trump's just a rude jock.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:That goes to my point though, those who find him outrageous and offensive are the people that oppose him and such is the reason his supporters like him. They find that crazy shit he says hilarious.

"Pocohantos was hilarious" "Rocket man" was hilarious, "Shit-hole countries" was hilarious. Because average working joes think and say this stuff in the lunch room all the time.

His rosie O donnel jabs were hilarious, his making fun of "Ratings" of the networks are hilarious.

The nicknames he comes up with are good. A favourite of mine is "Justin from Canada". :lol:

Victoribus Spolia wrote:He makes his people laugh about stuff they were made to feel scared to talk about out loud.

Bolsonaro is no different.

Check this shit out, its fucking hilarious.

If you don't think its funny, and only outrageous, you've basically proven my point.

https://g.redditmedia.com/aC40KARNkCFdB ... e5862c0043

:lol:

Ridiculing the sacred values of the left instead of being cowed by them, much like the left has done in reverse for decades. It's taken the right some time, but it's catching on.
Beren wrote:He only said his regime "should have killed more people".

I do remember Dubya being funny many times.

This is humorous self-irony, but it would be preferred in Britain more than in America perhaps. Trump's stand-up comedy is just cheap mockery and mugging. Is it Americans consider a great sense of humour indeed? :?:

No, he didn't. Bolsonaro never said that. Bolsonaro said Brazil's Military should have killed all of the communist Guerrillas leaders. Dilma, Lula, FHC...all of them were communist leaders in the past during the regime, they formed Foro de São Paulo and managed to become President.

Chile is a tool, a territory of the English and is seen like that, always behaved like that. Pinochet is a foreign intervention nothing to do with the movements in Brazil and Argentina.

You need to open a map to understand why Bolsonaro is getting close to Chile. First Chile and Equador are the only countries in South America that doesn't border Brazil, second Chile has access to the Pacific and since the Military Regime Brazil wants to build their own One Belt that would connect the Ports in São Paulo (Atlantic) to the Ports in Santiago (Pacific) passing through Argentina and Paraguay.

China has been buying lands with the authorization of the PT party to try to build that ferry, they are trying to buy the authorization to build the ferry since 2006 and Lula has always intervened in favor of China but Brazil's Congress always blocked them.

So you to understand the geopolitical importance of this, if China managed to get their hands in the project they wouldn't not only control almost 60% of Brazil's production but would bring a lot of economical turmoil to USA because they would have a direct alternative to the Panama Chanel.

Not to mention the Andinia plan or the fact the Antarctida deal ends in 2023 which will bring a direct and full blown conflict since the Brits claim ownership and are trying to put their hands on Argentina's Patagonia for 60 years
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That is a great question with a complicated answe[…]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]