Ruth Bader Ginsberg falls and breaks 3 ribs--pick number 3 coming soon??? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, breaks ribs in fall

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg fell in her office and fractured three ribs. The 85-year-old liberal justice was admitted to a hospital Thursday.
The fall happened Wednesday evening.

"She went home, but after experiencing discomfort overnight, went to George Washington University Hospital early this morning," the court said in a statement Thursday. "Tests showed that she fractured three ribs on her left side and she was admitted for observation and treatment."

It is not the first time that Ginsburg has fractured her ribs while on the court. In June 2012, Ginsburg fractured two ribs in a fall and did not disclose the injury to the public until months later. The court said at the time that despite the fracture, Ginsburg "did not skip a beat."

Hrmmm.... she's a known drinker. Nothing wrong with that. However, at her age and her level of frailty, she's not in the best of health. Although, it's typically a broken hip that gets most of the elderly, broken ribs can lead to shallower breathing and sometimes pneumonia.

I'm guessing she'll recover from this, but I don't think she'll make it to 90.
blackjack21 wrote:Hrmmm.... she's a known drinker. Nothing wrong with that. However, at her age and her level of frailty, she's not in the best of health. Although, it's typically a broken hip that gets most of the elderly, broken ribs can lead to shallower breathing and sometimes pneumonia.

I'm guessing she'll recover from this, but I don't think she'll make it to 90.

Yeah, we'll see how awesome this blue wave is when it ends up having zero bearing or ability to stop Trump's appointing of a third justice.

With a strong Republican Majority in the Senate, he could appoint Amy Barrett to replace woman-for-woman Ginsberg in the same manner that Thomas replaced Marshall, black-for-black.

It would be Trump's greatest achievement and he could be impeached the very next day and his presidency would have still have been an unprecedented success for conservatives.

We are in some really interesting times.
Rancid wrote:I guess most people wish death on someone.
Heisenberg wrote:It doesn't get said enough, but you really are a charming fellow.

Lets pull up the Scalia thread I'm sure your moral outrage will be proven consistent. :lol: :lol:

Victoribus Spolia wrote:Yeah, we'll see how awesome this blue wave is when it ends up having zero bearing or ability to stop Trump's appointing of a third justice.

With a strong Republican Majority in the Senate, he could appoint Amy Barrett to replace woman-for-woman Ginsberg in the same manner that Thomas replaced Marshall, black-for-black.

It would be Trump's greatest achievement and he could be impeached the very next day and his presidency would have still have been an unprecedented success for conservatives.

I think the Dem's behavior lead by the press will get him reelected. They have zero plans for legislation and seem to not understand, the voters they need, are not interested in vendetta investigations. I'm very interested to see what Pelosi does, ball is in her court what's her first move? There are consequences no matter what direction she decides to go.
It is extremely sad and funny (but mostly sad) that some people can wish other good people bad things just because that other person disagree with you in many things (many things that BTW she is RIGHT and you are wrong, but anyway).
Very cynical as well as I bet that in the same breaths half these morons self proclaim "christians".
This lady is quite tough, 2x cancer, similar fractures from fall a while ago and heart attack and still going. She could very well outlive the walking heart attack that is DT.

Victoribus Spolia wrote:Yeah, we'll see how awesome this blue wave is when it ends up having zero bearing or ability to stop Trump's appointing of a third justice.

You don't know what you are talking about. To demonstrate this... Trump had control of the executive and legislative branches of the government for 2, freakingly long years. In theory, he could have amended the crap out of the constitution to make ilegal for non-christian male/female to marry, unconstitutional for black people to breathe oxygen, unconstitutional to not own a single machine gun and unconstitutional to for immigrants to come to the US. The judicial branch is, in theory at least, the weakest of the 3 branches. Under the right political circumstances, congress could simply create another 5-6 justice benches and pad the court with judges with "the appropriate interpretation of the law". The judicial branch could also, in theory, be completely abolished by an act of Congress. Sure this might sound far fetched but so did a Trump presidency 2 years ago. Weird things can, and will happen. One thing is for sure, the more to the right republican push, the more to the left the opposition will move, eventually the shift of power will occur in America as it has always happen.
Your guy had the opportunity to make an impact for you, his supporter. He had all the power with both sides of the house on his side, and all he manage to do was a shitty tax plan that probably means less than $500 in your pocket, make a lot of noise about tariff which might come back later to eat away the tiny $$ you got from taxes and make both sides hate each other more and more. He has essentially put us on a path for self-destruction and the only winners are our enemies.
I for one, want him to finish his term and be voted out. I don't want him impeached, I think thats the best that can happen to those fired out trumpsters. They will get angry, probably consolidate their power behind a far more cunning and competent person such as Pence (don't get me wrong, this guy gives me the creep, but he is objectively, more competent than Trump at actually getting shit done rather than just making a fuss about everything). The thought of Trump getting impeached on his 3rd or 4th year and Pence picking up his energized supporters and go for a double term for a total of 10 years (yes, that is allowed under our laws) is terryfying.
So at this point, please keep the orange moron in place. Let us have a laugh at how he makes a joke out of himself, how he fails at closing a fking umbrella, lets have his ass investigated and convict him and his corrupt family once he is out of office, voted out by us in 2 years.
Make no mistake, trump already lost the majority of popular vote when he had his absolute best turnout. His 2nd term election won't even be close if democrats find a half acceptable candidate. Democrats (and republicans with a grain of self-decency) will not make the same mistake of vote for a 3rd rail candidate. Florida will have a huge, 1.5million new voters that frankly, I suspect will be mostly democrats and the new democratic governors are likely gonna use the republican tactics of gerrymandering to their advantage now.
Go ahead, go make fun of how much winning you are doing. I bet you it will come and bite you in the ass.
Finfinder wrote:Lets pull up the Scalia thread I'm sure your moral outrage will be proven consistent. :lol: :lol:

Be my guest. I had a lot of respect for Scalia, as it happens, and have no special love for RBG.

I'm just not sure gloating over an 85-year old woman being hospitalised is very good form. I can be a bit old-fashioned in that way.
BlackJack, you fucking vulture, have you no shame? I knew when I heard of the news, you'll be the first one to post this. You want her to die, so trump can get 6-3 lackeys on the court. Stop playing coy, I know your game here as well your crypto-racism with Serena William topic.

@Suntzu

Remember that if/when your wife breaks three ribs.
XogGyux wrote:It is extremely sad and funny (but mostly sad) that some people can wish other good people bad things just because that other person disagree with you in many things (many things that BTW she is RIGHT and you are wrong, but anyway).

I don't wish RBG bad health. I generally don't wish anyone bad health.

It was suggested by Democrats that she retire in Obama's first term, but she chose not to. That's fine too. However, Democrats are terrified that the era of pushing politically unpopular social changes through the Supreme Court has eclipsed. RBG is the leading liberal on the court. If Trump gets another pick, and if he chooses another conservative from his list of conservatives, we will likely see another court appointment fight and perhaps even an effort by Democrats to pack the Supreme Court.

XogGyux wrote:Very cynical as well as I bet that in the same breaths half these morons self proclaim "christians".

You do realize that RBG is a Jew, right? I found this tweet rather endearing.

XogGyux wrote:This lady is quite tough, 2x cancer, similar fractures from fall a while ago and heart attack and still going. She could very well outlive the walking heart attack that is DT.

There is no doubt that she is a resolute person. However, I did notice at the White House ceremony for Kavanaugh that she was wearing gloves--in the inescapable warmth of late September. That suggests poor circulation, probably due to a weak heart. The court doesn't start hearing cases for a few weeks. So she has some time to recover. However, I doubt she will be any stronger after that than she was in late September. Also, we are heading into winter now. So broken ribs and shallow breathing with already cold extremities in warm weather probably doesn't bode well. We have to concede that she is a tough lady, but I don't see 5 more years. Do you?

XogGyux wrote:Under the right political circumstances, congress could simply create another 5-6 justice benches and pad the court with judges with "the appropriate interpretation of the law".

This was tried under FDR, and it was shot down. Outside of Lincoln, FDR is the only other president that could be described as having dictatorial power. If he couldn't get it done, I doubt the Democrats will be able to do that.

XogGyux wrote:The judicial branch could also, in theory, be completely abolished by an act of Congress.

Congress can make or break lower courts, but not the SCOTUS. Eliminating the lower courts would severely limit the ability of the federal government to operate, so I don't think they would do this.

XogGyux wrote:He had all the power with both sides of the house on his side, and all he manage to do was a shitty tax plan that probably means less than $500 in your pocket, make a lot of noise about tariff which might come back later to eat away the tiny $$ you got from taxes and make both sides hate each other more and more.

We can credit the RINOs for the failure to repeal ObamaCare. Many of them are no longer with us come January.

XogGyux wrote:He has essentially put us on a path for self-destruction and the only winners are our enemies.

Who are our enemies?

XogGyux wrote:Florida will have a huge, 1.5million new voters that frankly, I suspect will be mostly democrats and the new democratic governors are likely gonna use the republican tactics of gerrymandering to their advantage now.

How do you figure that they will have that many people? As for gerrymandering, you can be sure the Democrats will do their level best to redistrict in ways favorable to their party. The presidency, however, is mostly winner-take-all at the state level. Trump still has to win in states that he won in 2016. Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin are typically Democratic states. He will have to win them again in order to win the presidency.

Heisenberg wrote:I'm just not sure gloating over an 85-year old woman being hospitalised is very good form. I can be a bit old-fashioned in that way.

I'm not gloating. I'm "raising awareness" as the Democrats like to put it. The likelihood of Trump getting another SCOTUS nomination just went up considerably given the frailty of RBG. Given how the Democrats reacted to Kavanaugh, who's basically a Bushee, they are most certainly freaking out about this. This is what I was alluding to:

People concerned about Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s fall are offering their ribs and organs
People, especially younger people, were offering the octogenarian affectionately known as RBG their own ribs on social media Thursday morning. They even started the hashtag #RibsForRuth on Twitter.
blackjack21 wrote:
We can credit the RINOs for the failure to repeal ObamaCare. Many of them are no longer with us come January.
[/url]

You can give that credit to John McCain who screwed the county because of a personal beef with the president. An unfortunate disgrace to an honorable career.

In terms of the supreme court, we already know how the Democrats vote against any Republican nominee. Its a fact the Republican have overwhelming supported the Democrat presidents nominations. Its not even worth the efforts to have an intellectual debate with them on this subject. Democrats cannot and have no interest in governing and legislating without a complete majority, cheating, and or rigging the process.
I want to relate that RBG is more than just a liberal democrat Supreme Court pick, but also an legal enabler of sexual degenerates, by almost anyone's standards;

http://humanevents.com/2005/08/23/senat ... -ginsburg/

Quote;

Ginsburg called for reducing the age of consent for sexual acts to people who are “less than 12 years old.” (Page 102)

Sooner this piece of shit kicks the bucket so a genuine human being can be Judge, the better.
annatar1914 wrote:I want to relate that RBG is more than just a liberal democrat Supreme Court pick, but also an legal enabler of sexual degenerates, by almost anyone's standards;

http://humanevents.com/2005/08/23/senat ... -ginsburg/

Quote;

Sooner this piece of shit kicks the bucket so a genuine human being can be Judge, the better.

There is a possible retort to this apparently.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-ruth-bader-ginsburg-say-that-pedophilia-was-good-for-children/
Ginsburg’s report was about changing gendered language, not the age of consent, in our existing laws. In the quoted passage, she was not arguing for or against lowering the age of consent; rather, she was quoting a proposed Senate bill as an example of how appropriate gender-neutral pronouns should be used. Ginsburg wrote that she used this bill because it “conform(ed) to the equality principle,” not because she agreed with the presented age of consent.

Furthermore, Ginsburg mentioned another section of the penal code a few paragraphs earlier which referenced a different age of consent: 16. In both cases, Ginsburg’s focus was on the gender of the victim, rather than the age, as her report was specifically concerned with gendered-language in U.S. law:

"18 U.S.C. § §1154 and 2032 make it a crime for a person to have carnal knowledge of a female, not his wife, who has not attained the age of sixteen years.
The “statutory rape” offense defined in these sections follows the traditional pattern: the victim must be a female and the offender, a male. Protection of the girl’s virtue as an asset to be traded by her family at marriage time can no longer survive as a justification for such provisions. The immaturity and vulnerability of young people of both sexes can be protected through appropriately drawn, sex-neutral proscriptions."
Wellsy wrote:There is a possible retort to this apparently.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-ruth-bader-ginsburg-say-that-pedophilia-was-good-for-children/

Slippery, very slippery. To me it still looks like ''trojan horse'' language for lowering the age of consent under the guise of eliminating words some feminists don't like in these contexts. She still gets an ''F'' from me, both from a traditional Christian perspective and as a Communist.... Because Feminism is a reactionary ideology designed to divert a segment of the working classes from their true interests.
annatar1914 wrote:both from a traditional Christian perspective and as a Communist

Wait you're a commie again?

One Degree wrote:The people who post about wanting Republicans harassed, beaten, and even killed are outraged now? We need research on a ‘hypocrisy gene’.

Keep your projection to yourself. It ain't violence when the other side clearly is incapable of human empathy or free thought.
Libertarian353 wrote:Wait you're a commie again?

Keep your projection to yourself. It ain't violence when the other side clearly is incapable of human empathy or free thought.

Dehumanize the opposition so you can commit atrocities with a clear conscience?
This is what happens when you put all your hopes on the female crypt keeper :lol:

As long as we elect a DSA candidate who goes on to give statehood to every territory, stack the courts, and get rid of a lot of voter restrictions everything will be fine in the end :|

All the dipshits out there having a Mueller parade should be donating their brain stems to RBG!
One Degree wrote:The people who post about wanting Republicans harassed, beaten, and even killed are outraged now? We need research on a ‘hypocrisy gene’.
:roll: No one has ever suggested that. You're making up bullshit to cover your inhumanity and lack of compassion. Your hypocrisy lie is just more deflection to cover your lack of human empathy.

I was never really a fan of McCain, but I certainly wouldn't have wished him ill or laughed at his illness. That's just too low for most sane and normal people.

Not caring if some asshole politicians get their dinner interrupted is a long ways from laughing at someone's misfortune, like some thoughtless cunts are doing in this thread.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Canada is a criminal country (a fake country buil[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]

@FiveofSwords " black " Genetically[…]

That is interesting why do you think that is? It[…]