President George H.W. Bush has passed at 94...... - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Beto O’Rourke: George H.W. Bush will be remembered for his leadership, decency and kindness

George H.W. Bush will be missed and long remembered for his leadership, his decency & his essential kindness. Served his country in so many ways. Made public service about country, and America’s responsibility in the world, less about party. Our thoughts are with the Bush family.
— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) December 1, 2018

I find the idea of loving and hating people you have never known weird. It seems simply substituting fantasy for reality. We can feel empathy, but that is really all about us too, because we don’t know how they felt. No different than saying, “I know how much your headache hurts because I had a headache too.” It is simply an assumption we know something we have no way of knowing. We substitute our opinion of an idea for a real person.
Maybe think about how you could love a friend who committed murder, but not a stranger?
Pants-of-dog wrote:I do not hate Bush Sr.

I am simply glad that he is dead because this means a lot less suffering, war, oppression, and death for people in developing nations with oil.

What did you think a 94 year old man could do to cause all the above? Do you think his business interests died with him? Nothing changed except he died.
I won’t pretend to be happy or sad because it had no effect on me other than knowing it is not something most of us look forward to and others will experience loss who were close to him.
Red_Army wrote:It's awesome that @blackjack21 dislikes him for supporting the ADA. I can't think of a scummier reason to dislike this piece of shit. Kudos :lol:

The ADA was used by big business to sue small businesses for non-compliance, putting them out of business. It also made handicapped access a civil right as though the handicapped had been actively oppressed in the past, which of course was not true. I'm always amused when people like you align with the high bourgeoisie's schemes to line their pockets under the rubric of helping the needy. Machiavelli taught the bourgeois well, and it still works to this day.
The handicapped were not allowed to attend public schools or any building that didn't make itself accessible through the goodness of their heart. I work in special education and the ADA is the only reason people with disabilities are granted access to any public or private services. Just because you don't know about the oppression (because of your willful ignorance) doesn't mean it didn't exist.

This is a strange conspiracy theory you have though. Did someone in a wheelchair run over your toes as a boy or something?
One Degree wrote:What did you think a 94 year old man could do to cause all the above? Do you think his business interests died with him? Nothing changed except he died.

I already posted a link to an article that describes the atrocities for which he was responsible. Please read it and then if you are still confused, please let me know.

I won’t pretend to be happy or sad because it had no effect on me other than knowing it is not something most of us look forward to and others will experience loss who were close to him.

I have no idea why you keep telling about your personal reactions to this.
I have to say its fantastic to see the left descending into a pathetic fantasy world where H Bush was some hated figure by Muslims. Saudi Arabia, Egypt. Syria, Morocco, Kuwait, Oman, Pakistan, the UAE, Qatar, Bangladesh, Niger, Senegal and Bahrain all joined the coalition of the willing. Even Iran did their bit to aid the American led war effort by impounding Iraqi planes.

George H Bush was in effect an honorary Caliph. In the pathetic fantasy world of the western left all the Muslim hate America, when in truth they are far more consumed with hatred of their fellow Muslims. Even Iran, despite calling America the great Satan spends far more time fighting other Muslims than it does attacking America or Israel.
Before the ADA people with cognitive disabilities were automatically institutionalized. The ADA lead the ground work for IDEA and its more recent iterations that provide a lot of rights for the disabled. blackjack is going off in his typical wackjob fashion about some conspiracy to destroy small businesses through ramps. He also seems to think that leftists should be concerned with small business more than the working class because he doesn't understand things. I await his 5 page post responding to everyone who has ever posted.

As to Rich, I don't think anyone here is claiming that anyone besides themselves disliked Bush and are happy he has died. It would have been better if his last words were calling Jeb a faggot, but we can't win em all :lol:
Red_Army wrote:Before the ADA people with cognitive disabilities were automatically institutionalized. The ADA lead the ground work for IDEA and its more recent iterations that provide a lot of rights for the disabled. blackjack is going off in his typical wackjob fashion about some conspiracy to destroy small businesses through ramps. He also seems to think that leftists should be concerned with small business more than the working class because he doesn't understand things. I await his 5 page post responding to everyone who has ever posted.

As to Rich, I don't think anyone here is claiming that anyone besides themselves disliked Bush and are happy he has died. It would have been better if his last words were calling Jeb a faggot, but we can't win em all :lol:

I ignored the first post even though it indicated there were laws preventing access to the disabled. I was not aware of any. What exactly are you referring to?
I know for a fact this post is not true. The school I attended housed all ‘special education’ up to 21. Many had severe cognitive disabilities.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tainari, make a separate thread for that boring c[…]

The right for those living under occupation inclu[…]

As many of you know, not long ago, Russian Presid[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]